Got P90X in the mail today

Apathy

What do you need for p90x? Just a home gym?

I have a pull-up bar and a set of adjustable free weights

yep, that's the basics.

a pull up bar, free weights (or resistance bands) and enough room to jump up/down and side to side. A yoga mat is also advisable. I also recommend using an iron weight set or the quick adjustable weights like the Bowflex ones. I have the ones where you have to interchange the weights to change it up and I hate them. Your BP goes down and it makes the workouts longer.

as a side note...a new workout website I found with some pretty kick ass workouts:

http://www.bodyrock.tv/

Not only is the chic who creates it EXTREMELY HOT (and extremely fit)...but I've done two of her workouts and they kick my ass. I think the goal of the site is to get you to try a new workout every day. So that you don't get bored and that your body doesn't become accustomed to your workouts (similar to what P90X does).

• 2 weeks later...

had to drop in here...the guy that got shot in killed in omaha recently? Ive been running past his house for a month or so now, and I sh#t you not I got turned around the day it happened, without a clue.

I run past there every day now, and look forward to it. Im sick, I know.

• 1 month later...

I finally got some motivation and started this 3 weeks ago. Was sore as hell the first week. Now its getting easier, not easy, but easier. I can tell Im getting stronger, but I still got my gut :LOLtartar . That will go away the longer I stick to the program. Like Tony says in the videos, Rome wasn't built in a day and neither was your body. Just got done with chest and back and by the end I couldn't even push myself up off the ground.

I finally got some motivation and started this 3 weeks ago. Was sore as hell the first week. Now its getting easier, not easy, but easier. I can tell Im getting stronger, but I still got my gut :LOLtartar . That will go away the longer I stick to the program. Like Tony says in the videos, Rome wasn't built in a day and neither was your body. Just got done with chest and back and by the end I couldn't even push myself up off the ground.

wait until you do the chest/shoulders/triceps. That one seemed to always kick my butt.

I also hated doing the legs/back workout. I'm fine with exhausting my upper body until I hurt, but I hate having to walk around later with my legs feeling like jello!

I need to get back into the workouts. I took a month off last month and easily gained 10lbs with all the wedding/honeymoon food we had! A suggestion: Once you learn how to do the workouts correctly, try doing the resistance days without the DVDs. I found it much more beneficial doing it on my own. Not only do you get through the workouts faster since you don't have to hear him explain each workout over and over, but you tend to push yourself until failure...not just until you see the other people on the screen stop.

• 2 weeks later...

wait until you do the chest/shoulders/triceps. That one seemed to always kick my butt.

I also hated doing the legs/back workout. I'm fine with exhausting my upper body until I hurt, but I hate having to walk around later with my legs feeling like jello!

I need to get back into the workouts. I took a month off last month and easily gained 10lbs with all the wedding/honeymoon food we had! A suggestion: Once you learn how to do the workouts correctly, try doing the resistance days without the DVDs. I found it much more beneficial doing it on my own. Not only do you get through the workouts faster since you don't have to hear him explain each workout over and over, but you tend to push yourself until failure...not just until you see the other people on the screen stop.

Started the second month yesterday with this workout and yeah, it makes chest and back feel like a kiddy workout.

Currently using P90X, bought it a few weeks ago

To anyone who wants to get P90X, its more for burning fat and losing weight than for gaining muscles. You will gain some muscle though. I've been mostly using this workout called Ab Ripper X and I'm starting to notice results, muscles in my abs are standing out a lot more. Just make sure to do Ab Ripper X properly, it takes about 2 weeks to fully get used to it. And don't do it everyday

Currently using P90X, bought it a few weeks ago

To anyone who wants to get P90X, its more for burning fat and losing weight than for gaining muscles. You will gain some muscle though. I've been mostly using this workout called Ab Ripper X and I'm starting to notice results, muscles in my abs are standing out a lot more. Just make sure to do Ab Ripper X properly, it takes about 2 weeks to fully get used to it. And don't do it everyday

Im noticing some muscle gain and getting slimmer. My chest and triceps is still sore and its been two days since I did chest shoulders and triceps.

Fat loss, toning, muscle gain.

It's for all the above. You'll get fat loss at the beginning mostly due to just getting off the couch and working out...and changing your diet around. Toning will start to show in the third month (so don't discouraged if it appears as if nothing is happening the first two). See my link at the top for proof that it works. Muscle/mass gain comes from the diet/resistance workouts. More protein/supplements combined with pushing yourself during the resistance workouts. Do the pre-measurements of your muscles and you should definitely see a difference by month three. Provided you stick with the workout/diet.

That being said....I NEED to get back on the program! The past few months I've been terrible!