Postgame thoughts

Hercules

I've been pretty critical of Cody Green the past couple of years. After watching the kid this year, I almost feel sorry for him.

How can we judge this kid when is always thrown in a no win situation? His role is to polish a turd always. He clearly isn't the most gifted QB, but what is the guy supposed to do.

I agree. I thought Cody did a very good job of managing the Colorado game, hes much better at that than Martinez.I also think he would have been successful last night running the same game plan.

Really have to wonder, what if.

How you handle a player can determine everything about their career.

Give them a chance and then yank them, give them another chance and then yank them, at the first sign of a slip-up, and it can kill confidence and derail progression. I feel this has been the case with some young receivers lately. I also feel it's been the case with Green.

We saw a guy thrown in an incredibly tough situation in the 4th quarter (on the 1-yard line AGAIN, ha!), and down two scores, having to drive us back as the clock wound down - without the benefit of a shutdown defense. Green missed throw after throw, but he also showed presence in the pocket for the most part, though he was a tick slow. You have to wonder: if you get behind the guy like we did against CU, and have him entrenched as the starter with Taylor as the emergency option, ever since Iowa State, would he still be that tick slow, that little bit unsure, or would have grown into a confident, capable option?

Green is a guy that is not as explosive on those runs as Taylor, but he is obviously much farther along in passing and knowledge of the position. He shows better poise, and won't just take sacks the way Taylor does. We saw him show some very good things with his arm, but only in rare bursts, unfortunately. If we don't stick stubbornly to Taylor while completely ignoring Green as an option, is that still the case?

The way the QB business was handled at the end of the year, cost us big time. Even more than the poor OL play tonight, IMO.

so true, someone held this team hostage to an injured TM, it cost us dearly.....ultimately Pelini's ass is hanging out!

change or go the way of the spotted owl!

I've been pretty critical of Cody Green the past couple of years. After watching the kid this year, I almost feel sorry for him.

How can we judge this kid when is always thrown in a no

win situation? His role is to polish a turd always. He clearly isn't the most gifted QB, but what is the guy supposed to do.

I agree. I thought Cody did a very good job of managing the Colorado game, hes much better at that than Martinez.I also think he would have been successful last night running the same game plan.

I agree. Cody stepped up in the pocket, looked at more than one receiver and found the open man. He just didn't have the accuracy to hit that open man most of the time. But at least he got to that point. Taylor never got past turning his back downfield when faced with any sort of pressure and taking a sack..

I thought we looked as bad as I have seen a Nebraska look in a long time. I guess it took me a whole season to see what some of you were talking about, as far as some of the coaching and play calling. I wasn't as excited as some coming into this season, with the qb questions we had to deal with. Beating Arizona last year didn't excite me for this year,I posted Ariz could be a 9 to 7 win team this year. Never know what team shows up with them.

After the Wash game up there, I thought like many of us that T-Mart was the second coming. Once he was hurt, it really showed how thin we were and how bad our back up qb's have been taught. I guess you could say that about the O-Line as well. Watson needs to stay one more year for this recruiting class, [if only for Bubba] and Cotton needs to be moved to some other duty on the team. To many good players on that line to play so bad down the stretch.

So I will move off the Watson, Cotton, Martinez bad wagon, and wait and hope for another 10 win season next year, its going to be tough to do.

GBR!!!

I thought we looked as bad as I have seen a Nebraska look in a long time. I guess it took me a whole season to see what some of you were talking about, as far as some of the coaching and play calling. I wasn't as excited as some coming into this season, with the qb questions we had to deal with. Beating Arizona last year didn't excite me for this year,I posted Ariz could be a 9 to 7 win team this year. Never know what team shows up with them.

After the Wash game up there, I thought like many of us that T-Mart was the second coming. Once he was hurt, it really showed how thin we were and how bad our back up qb's have been taught. I guess you could say that about the O-Line as well. Watson needs to stay one more year for this recruiting class, [if only for Bubba] and Cotton needs to be moved to some other duty on the team. To many good players on that line to play so bad down the stretch.

So I will move off the Watson, Cotton, Martinez bad wagon, and wait and hope for another 10 win season next year, its going to be tough to do.

GBR!!!

keeping Wats for one more year is like pissin' down your leg...is that warm, wet feeling worth the year long stench?..