Do you believe now?

Does anyone beside myself really believe that Martinez is the sh#t? There is a reason that no D-1 program offered him as a QB. He is not good, and I don't want to hear the crap about him only being a Frosh, he started every games theis year(and he is a redshirt),......its b.s. Our coaches need to pull their heads out of their asses!!!! They are kissing this kids ass for no reason. If tonight didn't convince you, then you are blind. K-mart, has started the last 6 games and avg 14yds rushing a game. I really hope that Cody leaves the program.....he deserves better, guess his dad doesn't have a deal with the program, he really deserves a shot somewhere. I want to puke at the thought of K-mart being the starting QB for 3 more years!!!!!!

I agree with you, all the guys on this board would get on there knees for taylor martinez. You guys must not be watching the same games we are. Taylor Martinez is embarrassing, case and point when he through the bullsh#t forward passes the first few series. Kids no good, he just caught everyone off guard the first few games. Just wait next year you guys wont even be talking about this guy.

• Fire 1

Does anyone beside myself really believe that Martinez is the sh#t? There is a reason that no D-1 program offered him as a QB. He is not good, and I don't want to hear the crap about him only being a Frosh, he started every games theis year(and he is a redshirt),......its b.s. Our coaches need to pull their heads out of their asses!!!! They are kissing this kids ass for no reason. If tonight didn't convince you, then you are blind. K-mart, has started the last 6 games and avg 14yds rushing a game. I really hope that Cody leaves the program.....he deserves better, guess his dad doesn't have a deal with the program, he really deserves a shot somewhere. I want to puke at the thought of K-mart being the starting QB for 3 more years!!!!!!

facepalm.jpg

I remember my first beer.

• Fire 1

I wanted to believe in T-Magic, but the only magic I've seen from him lately is the disappearing act he does when the game gets difficult.

Taylor Martinez isn't the answer, neither is Cody Green, and Zac Lee is out of the picture now. I'm banking on the hope that we get Bubba Starling and a coach that can actually develop him as a player beyond a high school level.

Cody threw at receivers' feet a lot, but see some of his footwork in the pocket and some of the throws he made?

He has a lot of potential there. And his footwork/mechanics were complete garbage when he arrived, they have improved in leaps and bounds since.

Could be a moot point, though.

facepalm.jpg

I remember my first beer.

Instead of changing to moon shine you should have stayed with beer.

Cody threw at receivers' feet a lot, but see some of his footwork in the pocket and some of the throws he made?

He has a lot of potential there. And his footwork/mechanics were complete garbage when he arrived, they have improved in leaps and bounds since.

I've seen some improvement, but not enough to say that I'd like our chances if Cody was the starter for the next two years.

The situation is what you make it I guess. Neither QB played well last night. Each has their own strengths and weaknesses. I just want to see a clear front runner coming out of Spring practice I suppose, be it Cody Green, Taylor Martinez or someone else.

Yep, it's not easy to come off of the bench in mid 40's weather on a wet field without having had any practice time to get the timing down that our WCO passing schemes require.

I've seen some improvement, but not enough to say that I'd like our chances if Cody was the starter for the next two years.

I think he may haver regressed a bit. His confidence is just not there.

I think he may haver regressed a bit. His confidence is just not there.

The kid looked like a deer in head lights last night. I dont know the offensive coaches do inpractice with those QB's, but it HAS TO CHANGE.

What the offensive coaches do in practice with the QBs are actually some damn fine QB drills.

Green has certainly not regressed this year, but his handling has done crap for his confidence, IMO.

We have a battle on our hands with QB development, which is what happens when you take on project QBs. Green has potential as I said, but stuff just keeps getting in his way. It's very sad. If he had more confidence and continued an arc of improvement, he could be a starter. Probably not for us now.

You have a point zoogs, but what is done in practice should equate to what is done on the field during game time. I dont know if it is just Taylor being young, Cody hvaing absolutly no confidence but some of those throws/decisions last night were brutal. There is no excuse for Taylor to take a sack from a three man rush when he had 5-6 seconds to make a decision, JMO.

IMO Cody has gotten better this season, but the inconsistent nature in how he has seen the field has given him a few confidence issues. He threw the ball fairly well, but was off just enough for our guys to not have a chance at the ball. Taylor isn't the answer to our offense, we need a dual-threat QB, not one that can throw "at times." The offense was sickening to watch last night and especially the offensive line. J.C. they couldn't block anyone!