College Football Head Coach Openings

Watson is never going to be a head coach in D1 football. At least not any time in the near future. Pelini needs to grow a backbone and fire him. Period.

Shhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!

Dude, other schools might read this Board.

Just in case they do, the Omaha Steaks offer is still good!!!!

I still think the the blame for Watson is Coach Osborne. If he is still in his corner this may not happen. My guess is Coach Pelini is ready to cut the ties, but may have problems doing it.

We will know in a few weeks is my guess.

I've said this too but other's who think that Osborne walks on water disagree!

I concur. You could blame some of Solich's issues on Tom. Solich "had to" keep TO's assistant coaches. Old timers who didn't go out and recruit.

Bo needs to stand up to TO and TO needs to see the problem and let Bo run with the changes. I still think Cotton will be the hardest to let go.

A "Nebraska Guy". Bring in the best coaches. Doesn't have to be a ex Nebraska player or coach.

GBR!!!!

I still think the the blame for Watson is Coach Osborne. If he is still in his corner this may not happen. My guess is Coach Pelini is ready to cut the ties, but may have problems doing it.

I don't see how this could possibly be true. Bo had an opportunity to look at the miami job. If Osborne was really that overbearing he could just get another job. Bo wants to win and he wants to do things his way. Osborne's not holding anything over his head. Bo would go somewhere else...

I don't see how this could possibly be true. Bo had an opportunity to look at the miami job. If Osborne was really that overbearing he could just get another job. Bo wants to win and he wants to do things his way. Osborne's not holding anything over his head. Bo would go somewhere else...

I think what skersfan is saying is that Pelini is ready to cut the ties with Watson, but doesn't know how to do it. It is kind of embarrassing for someone if we fire Watson/Cotton after we just gave them the pay raises that we did. Someone is going to have egg on their face and have to explain to the higher ups at the University, because we would have to eat the cost of their contracts.