Cody Green or Martinez?

Cody Green vs. Taylor Martinez?  

50 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Other. Green should be switched to TE in my opinion. Martinez's only weapon is his straight-away speed. He doesn't have any moves, can just run in a straight line really fast. It's looking more and more like he's soft and will be hurt a lot, which takes away his only weapon. Plus he can't even hang onto the ball. It's going to be a long year if he's our starter next year. Sure we haven't seen anything from Carnes or Turner, but at this point we need to be looking somewhere else. At least one of those guys will probably be getting some playing time next year if Martinez is the starter anyways.

I was for Martinez getting his chance. I think that NU needs someone that has a good arm and is not scared to throw the ball AWAY. If your going to take a sack for 10 yards throw the ball into the stands. I am waiting to see what Carnes and Turner can bring to the position. I don't think that Bubba will be on campus next year but I am hoping that Carnes is the next Tommy Touchdown.

I read a thing about Beck calling the plays the other game,,,,, Lord help us. Those plays were piss poor.

I think it is more about play calling than players at this time. Martinez has ability, but needs coached up. Has to learn to throw the ball away rathern than curling up like a baby.

But he was not put in a position to win. Bum wheels, could not run like normal, never given the opportunity to move them out of the box. Pass only on third down when that was all that was left.

Things need to change, but it is not all the kids fault. Bo has to step up and make a choice, win or stay with what we have and lose his job down the road. He may have to buck the AD on this, but it has to be done I think. We have not improved with Watson calling the plays it seems to me.

TM really needs to work on his pocket-presence and mental game. Make better reads, move in the pocket better, handle the rush, make better decisions. He isn't a great passer but he's OK for a guy with his running ability if he pulls his head out of his ass. It would also help to start acting like a teammate and a leader.

Early in the season CG was a turnover waiting to happen. But he seemed to take a real step forward against CU. Wasn't called-upon to do a lot but he executed the O. CG looked like he knew what he was doing against Wash but I think his nerves had him sailing balls. Has yet to show he can produce under pressure, move the ball when we really need him to.

Both guys need to work on carrying the damn ball correctly. They're fumblers and this team has fumbled-away too many damn games.

Potential is there for both guys but neither guy has shown enough that I'd say they wouldn't be better at another position. Time will tell. Could depend on who is OC and what exactly our scheme is next season. Wouldn't put Carnes or (if he happens to show) Starling out of it.

Not saying who it should be, maybe even incoming freshman and take our lumps at first, but Martinez is too one dimensional - if he can't run the ball, he has no pocket presence/feel, and turns the ball over too much. I don't know what it is about Cody Green, but it is like he just don't get it, or can't keep up with the difference in speed at the college level. He also has a problem turning the ball over, and I think a lot of that comes from a lack of confidence.

I think we need a fresh start, new QB, new offensive coordinator, a new offensive line coach, and maybe even a new receivers coach. Clean house. We have some highly touted QB's on their way in, and I wouldn't hesitate at bringing them in and letting them take the reigns. I know this - I don't like what I see now.

Other. Green should be switched to TE in my opinion. Martinez's only weapon is his straight-away speed. He doesn't have any moves, can just run in a straight line really fast. It's looking more and more like he's soft and will be hurt a lot, which takes away his only weapon. Plus he can't even hang onto the ball. It's going to be a long year if he's our starter next year. Sure we haven't seen anything from Carnes or Turner, but at this point we need to be looking somewhere else. At least one of those guys will probably be getting some playing time next year if Martinez is the starter anyways.

Great idea with Green but he would still be second string TE at best, no matter where u stick both him and Martinez it seems there hands are bad. TM does have great speed just wish his judgements on the field were decent. How many times did he not even get the play ran in time, last game he got two before he finally ran a play. It always seems at periods in the game we cant afford to do it. I only hope he is not the primmadonna he seems to be but either way he cant pass and does not bode well for us. We need a Tebow type, takes a bruising, loves to run first and has ability to win a game strictly with his arm. Is asking for that and one that can manage a game too much? Unless we get good hands receivers and a qb that can throw it we will get a huge dose of run blitzes and 9 guys in the box. Good Luck! North Dakota st. should have been our eye openers when they opted to stop the run that way. In defense of TM was the short time allowed by our OL for him to throw, really bad.

Martinez needs to learn how to throw. The only throwing quarterback that looked good on yahoo rivals was Jamal Turner

His passing needs work but isn't the problem IMO. It's the reads, decisions, pocket-presence, and ball-security. For a guy that runs so well he isn't bad passer. But he needs to recognize blites and the rush better-ditch the ball, move in the pocket, and hit hot-routes. He needs to execute the read in the zone read. He needs to go through his progressions. He needs to make quicker, better decisions on his passes. He needs to hold on to the damn ball when he runs.

Of course I'd like to see him pass better but I think he'll pass or fail depending on whether he can become heady.

Martinez when healthy

Cody Green when Martinez isn't healthy.

Those of you who voted other do you really want to talk about another redshirt freshman or true freshman talk all season long next year. We'll be seeing threads like "He's only a true/redshirt freshman" or "He'll learn to throw the ball better since he's only a true/redshirt freshman" etc...

I don't think starting another QB over Green or Martinez would be a right choice going into a tough schedule next year.