Ron Franklin true D-Bag

Unfortunately the wussification of our society has caused things like this to be a big deal when its really not. Instead of crying to management,(a RAMPANT problem these days!) she should have shot him down with a snappy comeback, and called it good. Firing him and possibly ruining a 35 yr career over something like this is ridiculous. It should have to go FAR beyond what it did to even consider that.

• Fire 1

Unfortunately the wussification of our society has caused things like this to be a big deal when its really not. Instead of crying to management,(a RAMPANT problem these days!) she should have shot him down with a snappy comeback, and called it good. Firing him and possibly ruining a 35 yr career over something like this is ridiculous. It should have to go FAR beyond what it did to even consider that.

Wake up. This isn't 1965. It's not like people don't know it's ignorant to call a colleague by a deprecating name, ESPECIALLY when it's gender-related. Cunningham is a grownup. He knows very well that discrimination has no place at the office. In fact, he was warned about it a few years back when he did it to someone else. If he can't control himself, management has an obligation - by federal law - to control him.

• Fire 2

Wake up. This isn't 1965. It's not like people don't know it's ignorant to call a colleague by a deprecating name, ESPECIALLY when it's gender-related. Cunningham is a grownup. He knows very well that discrimination has no place at the office. In fact, he was warned about it a few years back when he did it to someone else. If he can't control himself, management has an obligation - by federal law - to control him.

Good point, if they don't act, ESPN can get the pants sued off of them. ESPN is really having to deal with this a lot in the past few years. Tony Kornheiser (Placed in Time Out), Harold Reynolds (Fired), and Steve Phillips (Fired) to name just a few.

Thats for your correction AGAIN, but i was right in the first place. FAR to big of deal was made of this!! I know what the stupid rules are, and it sickens me how far out away from any common sense we have come. not just on this issue either.Yeah i realize ESPN could get sued if they dont do anything, but that doesnt make it right.

ESPN is really having to deal with this a lot in the past few years. Tony Kornheiser (Placed in Time Out), Harold Reynolds (Fired), and Steve Phillips (Fired) to name just a few.

Yep. They do not exactly foster a corporate culture of non-discrimination, do they? And we're not hearing about race- or age- or religion-based issues, it's always sex-based. Sadly, many corporations with these kinds of problems never truly learn. They foster a culture of permissiveness and your wives, daughters, mothers, sisters, girlfriends, nieces and friends are the ones who pay.

In Nebraska, White Women are the single largest demographic of charge-filers. Does anyone know why this is? I'll bet Ron Franklin does.

Thats for your correction AGAIN, but i was right in the first place. FAR to big of deal was made of this!! I know what the stupid rules are, and it sickens me how far out away from any common sense we have come. not just on this issue.

Go educate yourself. You're wrong before, you're wrong now, and you'll continue to be wrong as long as you think discriminating against women is OK.

Thats for your correction AGAIN, but i was right in the first place. FAR to big of deal was made of this!! I know what the stupid rules are, and it sickens me how far out away from any common sense we have come. not just on this issue.

Go educate yourself. You're wrong before, you're wrong now, and you'll continue to be wrong as long as you think discriminating against women is OK.

Yeah your condscending,knappic is always right, crap will sure change a lot of minds, probably not mine. this was 2 WORDS! how far do you think it should go? If you look at them in a way they dont like, or walk too close to them. Way too far. Never said discrimination was OK just wondering how bad 2 words can really hurt.