watching the Orange bowl

Sitting here watching the Orange Bowl and can't help comparing where our program is and where these two are. No sloppy fumbles, very few penalties(no back to back delay of games!). No questionable late hits, no obvious lack of disipline, good offenses and defenses, just 2 very good, well disciplined football teams executing good game plans. Quality all the way around....man we have a ways to go. Really like watching Tyrod scramble and making things happen.

Tyrod Taylor is everything Tmart could be. Though Tmart is faster, I think so ... man, fun to think about it. Prolly not ever going to happen in reality.

And yes, both teams are extremely disciplined. Fun football to watch. Easy to forget when you spend a season getting heart palpitations watching the Husks.

What's also crazy to think about: VA Tech lost to a freakin' FCS team. And here they are, in the BCS.

Tyrod Taylor is everything Tragic could be. Though Tragic is faster, I think so ... man, fun to think about it. Prolly not ever going to happen in reality.

And yes, both teams are extremely disciplined. Fun football to watch. Easy to forget when you spend a season getting heart palpitations watching the Husks.

What's also crazy to think about: VA Tech lost to a freakin' FCS team. And here they are, in the BCS.

Fixed

I agree.

Sitting here watching the Orange Bowl and can't help comparing where our program is and where these two are. No sloppy fumbles, very few penalties(no back to back delay of games!). No questionable late hits, no obvious lack of disipline, good offenses and defenses, just 2 very good, well disciplined football teams executing good game plans. Quality all the way around....man we have a ways to go. Really like watching Tyrod scramble and making things happen.

I was remembering that just two short years ago how we lost to Virginia Tech by only one point.

I really like Stanford's offense. Similar to Wisconsin in a way. Run, run, run, sprinkle in some well timed playaction (not 3rd and 11), run time off clock, take well timed shots down the field, take pressure off defense, and VOILA!!! You got yourself a solid offense. Almost seems to simple.

However, Stanford and Wisconsin are both very disciplined and aggressive at the same. No dumb penalties, fumbles, mistakes, etc. Basically everything that Nebraska is not.

On the plus side, Nebraska has a better defense.

I really like Stanford's offense. Similar to Wisconsin in a way. Run, run, run, sprinkle in some well timed playaction (not 3rd and 11), run time off clock, take well timed shots down the field, take pressure off defense, and VOILA!!! You got yourself a solid offense. Almost seems to simple.

However, Stanford and Wisconsin are both very disciplined and aggressive at the same. No dumb penalties, fumbles, mistakes, etc. Basically everything that Nebraska is not.

Which is interesting, Stanford's offense is actually not simple at all in any way.

Which is interesting, Stanford's offense is actually not simple at all in any way.

I realize that it's a pro-style offense, but I don't think too many people would consider it extremely complicated either.

I wasn't saying their schemes and what not aren't well thought out, and maybe "simple" wasn't the best word. I was more referring to their overall philosophy. Focus on the run and use play action to take shots.