Remember when 10-4 seemed like a dream?

I know we didn't do great in the "big" games this year, and I have been guilty of the finger pointing sometimes. But sometimes I think back to 4-5 years ago when a 10 win season seemed impossible. I give credit to Bo and his staff for taking these players and turning them into a competitive group. He was, and still is, the right person for the job. I find it amazing how Martinez goes from being in the "heisman" talk to being thrown under the buss. I think being starting quarterback at Nebraska is the hardest thing a person can do. I even remember back in the day when the fans were booing Scott Frost, Scott Frost, and Zac Taylor. I really hope T-magic comes back. He will get bigger and healthy in the offseason. Better to have him for 3 more years than these 1-2 year quarterbacks we always seem to get.

I'm NOT complaining about the NU fan base or anything. I have bled husker red since my first game back in 1992. I'm just sharing an opinion. Bring on the Big Ten!!!

North Hollywood Husker!!

I think this is just sorely disappointing because our roster was set up for this year to be a big splash year, and it was no different really than the last, even worse when you look at how it unfolded. We may be waiting a year or two for another setup like this.

I believe Bo will have this program have sustained success, and he is going to be a great HC for us.

But even still, these set-up years don't come extremely often.

Bo is still a young head coach. I think he has the team pointed in the right direction. We expect a lot as husker fans, and once we get a taste of success we imediatley want more. He has won 29 games in 3 years as a head coach(30 if you count the alamo bowl win in 03). Thats impressive considering what he was left to work with when he got here.

Anyone remember how long it took Osborne to win a NC?

A long ass time.

Fortunately, I've managed to scrub the Clownahan years from my memory. Solich was a blip.

By that logic, I guess, I guess we got to wait, oh, about another 21 years for another NC. But that doesn't mean I hafta like going 10-4 and getting housed by a mediocre Washington team.

I think much of the disappontment this season is because this team underachieved. There were really only 2 games in which this team was beaten and those were losses to Texas and Washington. I think if we finish with the same record next year, there will be little reason to complain.

10-4 is the reason no one gets fired this year. T.O. won't have it. i dont believe that our expectations ever left... we just felt robbed when we won 5 or 7. no matter what happens this off season i believe the program is still headed in the right direction. BO is learning as he goes here. we all have to take that into perspective.

I think much of the disappontment this season is because this team underachieved. There were really only 2 games in which this team was beaten and those were losses to Texas and Washington. I think if we finish with the same record next year, there will be little reason to complain.

I agree with you there. Bo is getting the players he wants for his scheme. However, does strength of schedule effect our way of thinking. Will we be happy with a 11-3, 10-4 season with one of the toughest schedules in the country?

I do but Bo and our schedule and so many other things set us up to have a huge year.we crapped the bed. If we had the offense we had at the frekin gator bowl 2 years ago we would be playing in bcs bowls last 2 years. I remember what 7-5 feels like and would like to stay away from it again anytime soon. . .. Which gets harder next year.

I don't know how anyone can say we didn't do well in the big games. We did well against Okie State, and that was a big game. We did well against Mizzou, and again this was a big game. We played poorly against South Dakota State, and this was a far cry from a big game. Even the Holiday Bowl was anything but a big game. As it turns out, the game against Texas was anything but a big game. The best way to describe us in 2010 was very inconsistent.

• Fire 1