Could you see Shawn Watson at Texas???

Just read this:

http://blog.mysanantonio.com/the-local-scene/2011/01/texas-state-could-pay-up-to-350000/

Nebraska offensive coordinator Shawn Watson could be in the mix for a new head-coaching job.

"Other names that continue to circulate as possible candidates include former New Mexico coach Rocky Long, now the defensive coordinator at San Diego State; Nebraska offensive coordinator Shawn Watson and Oklahoma defensive assistant Bobby Jack Wright."

Wow....I don't know what to think about this. But maybe he would be a better Head Coach than OC??? What do you think?

Ok, where to start...

1. Your thread title is misleading. Texas State and Texas are two completely different schools.

2. That would be a step down for Watson, considering he has been looked at by Div 1 schools for a HC position.

3. He makes more $ here as the OC ($380,000) than he would as a HC at Texas State ($350,000).

4. Who cares if he would make a better HC than an OC, as long as he is removed from our program.

5. You linked to a blog, so there is between zero and a pinch of credibility to this story.

• Fire 2

Ok, where to start...

1. Your thread title is misleading. Texas State and Texas are two completely different schools.

2. That would be a step down for Watson, considering he has been looked at by Div 1 schools for a HC position.

3. He makes more $ here ($380,000) than he would as a HC at Texas State ($350,000).

4. Who cares if he would make a better HC than an OC, as long as he is removed from our program.

5. You linked to a blog, so there is between zero and a pinch of credibility to this story.

ok, move along folks, nothing to see here! :nanalama

Ok, where to start...

3. He makes more $ here as the OC ($380,000) than he would as a HC at Texas State ($350,000).

Texas State is moving up to the FBS, to the WAC. So it would be a D-1 position.

Gooooo Texas State! Take him! Please!

Ok, where to start...

For some reason, your post made me think of this scene(just a little less harsh than this ha):

Ok, where to start...

Yikes!! Sorry! I still think it's interesting.

Does anyone else think it's a little fishy Watson is even mentioned for this job? Considering the other HC positions he's pursued so far, this is definitely a step down. IMO this further proves Bo is leaving the door WIDE open for Watson. My guess is that he doesn't want to fire him, but he doesn't want Wats back either.

For all our sakes, I hope he gets this job, even if it is small beans compared to other offers. If he doesn't get this or any other job, I have little doubt we'll see him back in the box trying to find an identity for the Husker offense next fall.

What the hell is going on here?

First of all Texas State will be joining the WAC in 2012 I believe, not sure but I think I heard something to that effect.

So Bo is pushing Wats out without firing him just like what happened with Eck. I can believe that but at what point does NU give up the charade? It is one thing to be interviewing at BCS schools, but we're talking about MAC schools and to be WAC schools now. If Wats is gone NU needs to be filling out the rest of the coaching staff.

If Bo wants to keep Wats the way Wats is looking at any DI school with an opening has to be perceived as a lack of loyality.

I am tired of the game that seems to be going on here.

He's no longer in the running at Texas State. I did hear this morning that there is a good chance he gets on with the Redskins ala when Turner left NU.

@HuskerLocker: Hearing Shawn Watson for a job with the Redskins? Watson has cited Mike Shanahan as one of his mentors...Bo Pelini worked for Shanahan, too.