LSU to go after Bo in the forecast??

Actually, I think the LSU fans know exactly what they have. LSU backed into that title game after losing to unranked Arkansas and a Kentucky team that finished the year unranked. The four years he was at Okie State, he had a record of 28-21. The four year before Miles, Okie State was 21-24. It's not like magically transformed anything. His claim to fame is beating Oklahoma twice. At LSU, Saban either won the West or tied for first in the West three out of five years. At LSU, Miles has won or tied for first in the West only twice in six years. While he's not a bad coach, he's not a Worldbeater either. LSU expects division and conference crowns. Miles is a step down compared to what they had before.

you could go through all the numbers in the world but the only thing that matters is that he keeps winning.

@corncraze: yes i know. he'll be at lsu until he starts losing. but that may only take one season

Actually, I think the LSU fans know exactly what they have. LSU backed into that title game after losing to unranked Arkansas and a Kentucky team that finished the year unranked. The four years he was at Okie State, he had a record of 28-21. The four year before Miles, Okie State was 21-24. It's not like magically transformed anything. His claim to fame is beating Oklahoma twice. At LSU, Saban either won the West or tied for first in the West three out of five years. At LSU, Miles has won or tied for first in the West only twice in six years. While he's not a bad coach, he's not a Worldbeater either. LSU expects division and conference crowns. Miles is a step down compared to what they had before.

you could go through all the numbers in the world but the only thing that matters is that he keeps winning.

@corncraze: yes i know. he'll be at lsu until he starts losing. but that may only take one season

Then geaux+tigers.gif:dunno

I live in Baton Rouge and can tell you first-hand that MANY people are hoping that Miles goes to Michigan. That being said, local radio stations were reporting today that Pelini is a top candidate for the Michigan job, and that he doesn't like TO being the "fatherly figure" constantly looking over his shoulder. And yes, if Miles leaves I could definitely see Pelini jumping to LSU. Honestly, I am sick of all this talk. If he wants to leave, let him go. I'd take Rich Rod, myself.

I live in Baton Rouge and can tell you first-hand that MANY people are hoping that Miles goes to Michigan. That being said, local radio stations were reporting today that Pelini is a top candidate for the Michigan job, and that he doesn't like TO being the "fatherly figure" constantly looking over his shoulder. And yes, if Miles leaves I could definitely see Pelini jumping to LSU. Honestly, I am sick of all this talk. If he wants to leave, let him go. I'd take Rich Rod, myself.

I don't want Rich Rod here hell no. I wasn't impressed with him when he coached at West Virginia and that mess he got into at Michigan.

The fans at LSU we're happy when Bo left because his lack of recruiting and his defense would allow the opposing teams to score 30+ points to lose a game. There were a lot of angry LSU fans that were upset at Bo after the OT loss to Arkansas in 07' and thanked Nebraska for taking him away from Baton Rouge.

I hear he is a great inspirational singer

I figure as long as he is having success he stays for a while, perhaps an NFL job? Who would he leave for if he is enjoying success at Big 10 nebraska? Does he want an SEC job, to be honest he seems to hav more of a mid-west mind set and apparently his wife likes it. A winning Nebraska team I still think about as elite as it gets ............ Now a losing Nebraska is a whole different kettle-o-fish as they say.

IMO, if Bo really wanted "out" because he is unhappy, he would have gone to Miami. South Florida....own personal "football" airplane, etc..... I really think people are REACHING a bit for reason that Bo might want to leave. I am not saying that board members are reaching, but maybe the media. Bo issued a statement today, that they read on the local Omaha news that he has NO INTENTION on pursuing the Michigan job. (of course, Taylor was 100% too.)

Like everyone is saying, get used to it. His name will come up a lot. And NO, I do not think that Bo is here for the long haul. He is not the type of person who will "handle" the fishbowl that the Nebraska HC is put in. I honestly think that this is wearing on him big time.

IMO, if Bo really wanted "out" because he is unhappy, he would have gone to Miami. South Florida....own personal "football" airplane, etc..... I really think people are REACHING a bit for reason that Bo might want to leave. I am not saying that board members are reaching, but maybe the media. Bo issued a statement today, that they read on the local Omaha news that he has NO INTENTION on pursuing the Michigan job. (of course, Taylor was 100% too.)

Like everyone is saying, get used to it. His name will come up a lot. And NO, I do not think that Bo is here for the long haul. He is not the type of person who will "handle" the fishbowl that the Nebraska HC is put in. I honestly think that this is wearing on him big time.

Can you imagine how bad Dr Tom would have been BLASTED if we had the internet back when he was coaching? All those games where the Huskers would beat up Big 8 teams only to go down to the Orange Bowl and lose to Miami every year? There would have been 2000 topics started daily about how Tom can't win the big one, his offense is predictable, and how his defenses can't stop the passing teams. Oh believe me it would have been UGLY!

Especially the time when he entertained and almost left for Colorado.

Can you imagine how bad Dr Tom would have been BLASTED if we had the internet back when he was coaching? All those games where the Huskers would beat up Big 8 teams only to go down to the Orange Bowl and lose to Miami every year? There would have been 2000 topics started daily about how Tom can't win the big one, his offense is predictable, and how his defenses can't stop the passing teams. Oh believe me it would have been UGLY!

Absoulutely.... The local tv stations and papers made it rough enough, but it would have piled on in a bad way for TO in the late 70's and some parts of the 80's....Wow, I truly think that MEDIA outlets, technology, and the rate that "stuff" gets out would make coaching at a big-time college/NFL extremely tough. Everyone knows that Bo HATES all of this stuff with a passion. If a person doesn't like the "attention" then Nebraska, of all places, is the WRONG place for you.

I hope Bo stays for a very long time. I love his fire, desire, and passion for the game, along with his X-O's....but I honestly do not think that he acts like he is very happy with this gig. He always (90% of the time) comes across as someone who is frustrated, upset, defensive, or just plain unhappy..... I don't think he will be here for a whole lot longer.

Not only does the SEC have some of the best athletes, it's also the conference where the best coaches want to go. Bobby Petrino didn't leave the NFL for any other conference. Urban Meyer passed up his dream job to get into the SEC. Saban left the Big 10 for the SEC dreamland. Muschamp bailed on Texas for the SEC. I could definitely see Bo going to LSU if Miles leaves. First, it's easier to recruit in the SEC because the academic standards are virtually zero. If TO does hold some magic strings with regards to Bo's staff, I could see this as a way out from underneath them.

Did'nt Petrino leave the NFL in mid season? He jumped right after Mike Vick got in trouble.

Absoulutely.... The local tv stations and papers made it rough enough, but it would have piled on in a bad way for TO in the late 70's and some parts of the 80's....Wow, I truly think that MEDIA outlets, technology, and the rate that "stuff" gets out would make coaching at a big-time college/NFL extremely tough. Everyone knows that Bo HATES all of this stuff with a passion. If a person doesn't like the "attention" then Nebraska, of all places, is the WRONG place for you.

I hope Bo stays for a very long time. I love his fire, desire, and passion for the game, along with his X-O's....but I honestly do not think that he acts like he is very happy with this gig. He always (90% of the time) comes across as someone who is frustrated, upset, defensive, or just plain unhappy..... I don't think he will be here for a whole lot longer.

I agree. Being from Ohio, my gut feeling tells me he will end up at OSU. 'Unwritten' rule about not hiring coaches within the conference or not. The OSU fans I know here are already talking about wanting him as coach whenever JT steps down.

Then I began wondering. As frustrated and unhappy as he seems at times, I really wonder if College football is his game at all? NCAA and NFL are two totally different monsters. In college football he has to worry about recruiting, players doing ABSOLUTELY ANYTHING wrong, academics, and so on. In the NFL you just coach. You might have some input on which players you would like to draft/trade. In the end it's basically, the front office pays you, you play, I coach. If you screw up the NFL will fine you, possibly suspend you, but it won't put the organization on probation. He could be a prick to the media without backlash, hell, tons of NFL coaches are.

When Michigan fires Rich Rod, they hope to get Harbaugh. But it doesn't seem like Harbaugh is going to go. Then who do they go after, Les Myles who I think would more than likely take that job. LSU nation wants Bo.

Tonight on the Cotton Bowl, a reporter said that they asked Les about going to Michigan and he said, "No, I'm having too much fun here (LSU)." So don't look for Les to go to Michigan. For Bo to go to Michigan would be sacriligious! He's an Ohio man. It would be like Tom Osborne coaching at Texas! It's just not done.

So relax and enjoy the fact that we're going to have a great team next year. I feel changes are in the air and Bo is finally going to have the kind of total team that HE wants.