Bo under attack again by the press

I'm surprised how quick many of you are to give him a "pass" on this. I think this is a PR nightmare that could've been easily avoided. Don't make a promise you don't intend to keep.

Look, I like Pelini as much as anyone, but this is an epic fail he will have to address.

Really? Epic? I think this is much ado about nothing.

A man is only as good as his word. We all need to remember that.

I think a mistake was made, forgetting to do it was fine, calling it a joke was not the appropriate answer. Again a Coach that is not polished enough with the press looking for news. My guess his answer would have been different if he had thought about it more. Tough loss for Bo and I am sure his thoughts were not on the play or the young man.

I really do not think Bo understands how important or powerful he is. He does not seem to realize that the whole fan base moves on his words and thoughts. Being the head Coach at Nebraska brings more responsibilities than just winning football games. He is a young firey coach that still needs guidance. Coach Osborne will get him there.

Agreed. I think this story is overblown and completely understandable why he Bo didnt follow through but if the Huskers were up by 4 TD's I think Pelini would have time to follow through on the promise.

Calling it a joke was not appropriate way to address it. Bo may not be a complete tool, but at times he exhibits tool-like tendancies.

This has WAY more to do with Bo's lack of respect for the press (and far too often, they give him no reason to respect them) than it has to do with this kid.

I'm sorry, but this was something the guy should (and does, apparently) understand. His team played like dog ass and got beat by a four-touchdown underdog, in one of the worst performances they've put forth in years. The sailor knew what was up and he didn't approach Bo with his play. He's cool. It was the reporter, digging for a story where there was none, who is making an issue out of this.

And mad props to the sheeple commenting on the article. Classic stuff - "Bo has no class," "Bo should be fired," "Bo screwed this kid," blah blah blah. It's amazing that people have such little capacity for critical thought. Although, to be fair, if everyone had the capacity to think critically, CNN would have no viewers. So it goes.

Corrected

Not gonna argue that. Coulda put MSNBC, ABC, CBS... they're all about the same, just different sides of the spectrum.

Not sure how they do it in Ohio, but here at N a mans word actually means something. I bet if Tom O. made that promise, it would have happened. We aren't Missouri, this isn't Texas. Doesn't matter if its a big deal or not. If your word doesn't carry any weight, its worthless.

Personally, he should have just given the Sailor the field pass and the jersey and left it at that. He put himself out there (joke or not) and is now paying for it. Dumb, dumb, dumb!

I love Bo as a coach, but he needs to understand, he is a head coach now. He need to control his temper, stop being snarky with the media and think about what he says. He is a young coach, he is going to make mistakes. I am fine with that as long as he learns from it and moves on (the same as he expects out of his players)

Not sure how they do it in Ohio, but here at N a mans word actually means something. I bet if Tom O. made that promise, it would have happened. We aren't Missouri, this isn't Texas. Doesn't matter if its a big deal or not. If your word doesn't carry any weight, its worthless.

Personally, he should have just given the Sailor the field pass and the jersey and left it at that. He put himself out there (joke or not) and is now paying for it. Dumb, dumb, dumb!

I love Bo as a coach, but he needs to understand, he is a head coach now. He need to control his temper, stop being snarky with the media and think about what he says. He is a young coach, he is going to make mistakes. I am fine with that as long as he learns from it and moves on (the same as he expects out of his players)

Let us know when you reach the summit of that molehill.

Hahahah booo hoooo. Who cares!! The guy got a jersey. I know a couple of guys from NE that I served with who would be happy with just that( not saying the sailor ain't) but the media is just looking for things to drag out. I am a infantryman. Getting to call a play is the last of my concerns. I've done one 12month deployment my first year in the army. I gotta another coming up. This sailor is very lucky to get a jersey and stand next to the side lines during a game. The media should of ended at that

Hahahah booo hoooo. Who cares!! The guy got a jersey. I know a couple of guys from NE that I served with who would be happy with just that( not saying the sailor ain't) but the media is just looking for things to drag out. I am a infantryman. Getting to call a play is the last of my concerns. I've done one 12month deployment my first year in the army. I gotta another coming up. This sailor is very lucky to get a jersey and stand next to the side lines during a game. The media should of ended at that

Wow! Cool!

Let us know when you reach the summit of that molehill.

Ill be climbing right along side you Forge. This is just another example of Bo's ineptitude with the media.

Maybe he will finally learn his lesson and show a little respect towards the media. I was listening to the post game press conference when this lady asked the question regarding the sailor calling the play. He was very short and disrespectful with her. When is he going to figure out that the press is simply doing their job, the same way he is doing his. IMO he deserves to be attacked by the media like this. I wish more of the local media would step up and ask the difficult questions and write the difficult stories to keep Bo accountable.

Maybe he will finally learn his lesson and show a little respect towards the media. I was listening to the post game press conference when this lady asked the question regarding the sailor calling the play. He was very short and disrespectful with her. When is he going to figure out that the press is simply doing their job, the same way he is doing his. IMO he deserves to be attacked by the media like this. I wish more of the local media would step up and ask the difficult questions and write the difficult stories to keep Bo accountable.

Bo does need to work on his relationship with the media, but that's a two-way street. Some of these people are just dying to find any reason to write a hatchet piece on a guy, whether that guy be a politician, a sports figure, a celebrity, or the neighbor down the street they have a beef with. Don't for a second think that the press is innocent in this little back-and-forth between Bo and them.

There are members of the media with whom Bo gets along great, has a great relationship with and with whom he'll work very nicely. There are those who will always get a short, biting answer to even a good question. It's not ALL Bo's fault. Don't kid yourself.

LOL. He is at Nebraska to win football games. He is not worried about his relations with the media, why would he be? Give me a rude-to-reporters guy who wins, and I'll take him everytime over a nice-to-reporters underachiever (Dabo).

"You dang right, cause he's a winner, he can say what he wants"

--Ricky Bobby.

Bo does need to work on his relationship with the media, but that's a two-way street. Some of these people are just dying to find any reason to write a hatchet piece on a guy, whether that guy be a politician, a sports figure, a celebrity, or the neighbor down the street they have a beef with. Don't for a second think that the press is innocent in this little back-and-forth between Bo and them.

There are members of the media with whom Bo gets along great, has a great relationship with and with whom he'll work very nicely. There are those who will always get a short, biting answer to even a good question. It's not ALL Bo's fault. Don't kid yourself.

I dont see it as a two-way street. Bo is making MILLIONS whereas the reporter is probably making $50,000. Bo needs to take the high road, always. Especially when a reporter, who Bo probably didn't even know, asks a very simple question. It doesn't make it any better that she is a woman. He should have given her the utmost respect and kindly answered the question. Instead he chose to be short and rude to her, for no reason. Sorry you just got whipped on the field by a terrible Washington team Bo, doesn't give you any right to take it out on the press. Grow Up.