Recruiting not going good

Anyone think that we may be saving a few spots for next year as well? Can't remember how many spots we have next year but I know that it isn't very many.

I think it seems like a good idea to carry over two or three spots if we can't find the guys we want. It isn't panic time yet, there is always some strange things that happen about 2 weeks before signing day. There's still time for a few recruits to emerge.

• Fire 2

we have a top corner....CJ

DT Kevin Williams...very under rated

Top running back..AG

2 of the top 10 dual threat QB's

One of the top OL in the country(some say THE top) Tyler Moore

Best OL recruiting class weve had in a long time

# 13 class according to Rivals with only 16 recruits

Some spots like LB and WR are a little concerning, but i think we are alright.

166665_1566522678084_1085936830_31257639_442664_n.jpg

Some of the schools represented had 2 or 3 recruits in this game above. We had two recent decommits, if you add Sade and Mitchell NU would of had 6 in this game.

That is very impressive. I think we will get some major commits in the next 3 weeks. This should be a top 10 class.

One more thing. Look at recruiting classes not as 1 standalone class. Last year NU had 6 defensive lineman. This year they might only get 3. So, that is 9 defensive lineman (not counting walk-ons) over 2 years. That seems right to me. You are just adding pieces to a big puzzle, not creating a brand new team every year.

GBR!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

i am starting to share in your concern, sounds like we could lose CJ and AA and be down to 14...wow would that be a major disaster. CJ is getting wooooed by Ar kansas and i believe if AA gets an Auburn offer he might go as well....im getting a little nervous

abdullah supposedly has that offer and very well might be on the way out the door. supposedly beck visited and left with a pledge that he was still committed to NU. i won't feel comfortable about beating out an $ec $chool until he signs though.

Plus Davie might not qualify and nobody expects Bubba to make it - so, if all the cards fall all the wrong ways, that puts us down to twelve.

We have some real studs in this class and I hate to be the naysayer, but let's just be honest here. Recruiting is going awful right now. When we have 16 commits and something like 21 spots (which we could stretch to accept more commits if need be), we should be in on a large number of guys and racing to a hot finish. Instead, we're in on just a handful of any kind of prospects period, and that handful has been dwindling. It is an alarming thing when the biggest scores for us on the recruiting front are now (and have been) just holding on to a few of the guys we have already committed.

Plus Davie might not qualify and nobody expects Bubba to make it - so, if all the cards fall all the wrong ways, that puts us down to twelve.

We have some real studs in this class and I hate to be the naysayer, but let's just be honest here. Recruiting is going awful right now. When we have 16 commits and something like 21 spots (which we could stretch to accept more commits if need be), we should be in on a large number of guys and racing to a hot finish. Instead, we're in on just a handful of any kind of prospects period, and that handful has been dwindling. It is an alarming thing when the biggest scores for us on the recruiting front are now (and have been) just holding on to a few of the guys we have already committed.

My thoughts exactly! While other's refuse to believe or just can't see that we have a recruiting problem is just plain crazy. I have been following the "other big schools" and they sure as hell don't have a problem getting recruits let alone holding on to the one's they have committed already. Recruiting is becoming a HUGE problem at Nebraska and if we don't turn around, it will only get worse.

This year's class has 10 4 stars... more than we have had in a long time. Pelini's recruiting classes have gotten better each year thus far. I understand the concern with this years class being small, and us not having the number of guys we have spots for. But even with that said, the 16 guys we have right now (minus Bubba if he goes pro) are Quality guys. Are team guys. Are guys that have all the athletic tools, but who also have the work ethic, team player attitude, and other attributes to build chemistry with each other.

Yes this class is small so far, and we have several open scholarships left, but already, the quality of this class is outstanding. Sure we would have liked to nab a big time DE, TE, and another great CB, but if we don't, we have enough depth at those positions to be okay this year, maybe not ideal but okay. What we needed farmost this year was some offensive linemen, a great QB, and a great RB... and we got those guys. I believe that with the defense Pelini can take the 2* and 3* players and coach them up to play as well as any big time guys across the country. The offense though, they need some good recruits. They need some star power and some immediate impact players. Just as some have been saying, to summarize, the coaches wanted a good offensive core this year... they targeted those guys and got some solid ones.

As far as the 6-7 open spots left... we're gonna snag a couple more guys between now and signing day's festivities and then look for the staff to find some unsigned guys or late juco guys to fill a couple more positions between signing day and fall camp. I expect us to go into fall with 2-3 available scholarships for walk ons like maybe a lance thorell, jase dean, k/p, or a trevor roach type kid.

Pelini

2010 (8),

2009 (5, with Chris Williams leaving so really 4),

2008 (2 4 stars and a 5 star),

Calahan

2007 (10)

2006 (2)

2005 (7 4 stars and a 5 star)

2004 (2)

2003 (4)