The 2011 QB Thread

Being that he has been Bo's preference gotta figure TM has inside-track but he needs to improve his attitude and become a vastly more heady qb. Anything could happen. CG has the tools. If he can overcome the nerves and perform confidently he could be the man yet. Carnes has done well on scout-team. If Starling decides to play football he seems like an absolute beast.

How could this be any kind of surprise? This may have been a story midseason. I'm not knocking him, but he is now damaged goods. He doesn't have any place else to go.

... really? You think nobody else in the country would want Martinez on their team?

Any program that would be considered significant....no

I would be interested in hearing your explanation for this.

How could this be any kind of surprise? This may have been a story midseason. I'm not knocking him, but he is now damaged goods. He doesn't have any place else to go.

... really? You think nobody else in the country would want Martinez on their team?

Any program that would be considered significant....no

I would be interested in hearing your explanation for this.

Martinez has had one solid QB game in his career....He was outstanding against Oklahoma State. He had huge running performances against Kansas State and Washington ...great. Obviously, I consider those performances far less significant than most. I really don't see how it is any different than Helu against Missouri.

He isn't even the best QB on the team right now....Burkhead, a running back, is and that's sad.

Everyone can be as patient as they want and talk about how time will correct his issues. Go ahead and start praying for all of this massive growth in the off season. The issues that he showed the second half of the year are not correctable. He's not an elite QB and will not be. He does not have the physical or mental tools to perform at this level.

Of course, 99% of message board is opinion..... but I will be interested in pulling this topic/thread back up midway through next season. 1/2 of the board will have to come on and basically admit that THEY were WRONG.....swallow their pride..

It might be the T-Mart supporters (me) or it might be the guys who say he will NEVER be a good qb

I really hope it is the others...not me... not because of my pride....hell, I am wrong 75% of each day. But, if T-Mart doesn't pan out, we are SCREWED. No way to I buy into the fact that Brion Carnes, Jamal Turner, or Bubba Starling ( who, finds it pretty easy to be "cocky", when he and we all know that he will not walk away from multi-millions) can come in and start as a true freshman. IF they do, it is highly unlikely that they put up the same numbers that T-Mart did. He almost set NCAA freshman records, not NU records. And if he doesn't get hurt, he wouldn't have missed 2 entire games and 2 other 1/2 games = 3 total games. His numbers would have definitely lifted him to a "record setting" frosh qb nationally.

Carnes may be the answer 2 yrs from now, but I am not drinking the koolaid that he can be as productive as Taylor in his RS freshman yr.....He wasn't even the scout-team player of the year. It was Bell....although, I am assuming Carnes was throwing Bell the ball.

This is a fun debate that will continue, and the saga will play out. Regardless of who starts, WE ALL WANT THE QB TO SUCCEED .

Fun to see who likes their crow well done.

Of course, 99% of message board is opinion..... but I will be interested in pulling this topic/thread back up midway through next season. 1/2 of the board will have to come on and basically admit that THEY were WRONG.....swallow their pride..

It might be the T-Mart supporters (me) or it might be the guys who say he will NEVER be a good qb

I really hope it is the others...not me... not because of my pride....hell, I am wrong 75% of each day. But, if T-Mart doesn't pan out, we are SCREWED. No way to I buy into the fact that Brion Carnes, Jamal Turner, or Bubba Starling ( who, finds it pretty easy to be "cocky", when he and we all know that he will not walk away from multi-millions) can come in and start as a true freshman. IF they do, it is highly unlikely that they put up the same numbers that T-Mart did. He almost set NCAA freshman records, not NU records. And if he doesn't get hurt, he wouldn't have missed 2 entire games and 2 other 1/2 games = 3 total games. His numbers would have definitely lifted him to a "record setting" frosh qb nationally.

Carnes may be the answer 2 yrs from now, but I am not drinking the koolaid that he can be as productive as Taylor in his RS freshman yr.....He wasn't even the scout-team player of the year. It was Bell....although, I am assuming Carnes was throwing Bell the ball.

This is a fun debate that will continue, and the saga will play out. Regardless of who starts, WE ALL WANT THE QB TO SUCCEED .

Fun to see who likes their crow well done.

Well said.

I'll tell that just a few weeks ago I was sure T-Mart would transfer. Got that part wrong.

So many of us accepted Pelini's comments the Martinez is not leaving and never even discussed leaving with Pelini as the final rumor breaker... but a few of you out there still were CONVINCED the Martinez was transferring to UCLA. Well If this doesn't finally put the Martinez transfer rumor to bed then I don't know what will!

http://huskerextra.com/sports/football/article_9efba36d-0dfd-588a-9a2b-9fff9bdad05b.html