Nice Chatelain Article on Watson

^ Actually this article is more about TO and Bo than it is about Watson.

And I'm glad he questions the philosophical differences among the three. In my mind, that has to be the leading factor in the decision to keep Watson or let him go as NU heads into the B1G.

You know if Callahan called the plays instead of Watson during their time together, then to me, it seems the offensive success is more a credit to Callahan than Watson. Maybe we should have kept Callahan on as an OC. No, that wouldn't have worked out, Callahan would have been huddled in a corner somewhere crying everytime Bo yelled at him.

You know if Callahan called the plays instead of Watson during their time together, then to me, it seems the offensive success is more a credit to Callahan than Watson. Maybe we should have kept Callahan on as an OC. No, that wouldn't have worked out, Callahan would have been huddled in a corner somewhere crying everytime Bo yelled at him.

But at least he would have been highly prepared..... :blink:

But at least he would have been highly prepared..... :blink:

And he certainly would've did an excellent job in that area, like he did in every other area. :rollin

Wow another article by Dirk about Watson. I don’t know what this joker will write about if Watson leaves. :moreinteresting

Well the article is sort of titled 'Quick fix backfired on Bo and Tom.'

Haven't read it yet, but I would agree with that line a lot.

I think Dirk has it in a little about Watson. And maybe somewhat for Bo too, I'm really not sure there. I like Dirk for the most part, however.

It's a good read, and I agree what was done at the time was questionable. Did it make sense on the surface? Yes. Did it set us back at this point of the resurection? Yes. Did anyone of us see NU possibly winning the Big 12 Championship in years 2 and 3 of Bo's regime? Doubtful.

All we can hope, no matter how it plays out, is that this offense can turn around and be good. I'm not talking about C******n era good, I'm talking about a real offense that puts up real points against good teams in meaningful situations.

Hey, maybe Miles goes to UM, Bo goes to LSU, and Wats is next in line here. If so, hopefully the entire D staff is retained. Maybe that is where the cards are going to fall :ahhhhhhhh

Wow another article by Dirk about Watson. I don’t know what this joker will write about if Watson leaves. :moreinteresting

Well the article is sort of titled 'Quick fix backfired on Bo and Tom.'

Haven't read it yet, but I would agree with that line a lot.

I think Dirk has it in a little about Watson. And maybe somewhat for Bo too, I'm really not sure there. I like Dirk for the most part, however.

And he sheds some negative light on TO in this article too. Dirk ain't out to make friends in the great state of Nebraska. That much is fo sho.

It's a good read, and I agree what was done at the time was questionable. Did it make sense on the surface? Yes. Did it set us back at this point of the resurection? Yes. Did anyone of us see NU possibly winning the Big 12 Championship in years 2 and 3 of Bo's regime? Doubtful.

All we can hope, no matter how it plays out, is that this offense can turn around and be good. I'm not talking about C******n era good, I'm talking about a real offense that puts up real points against good teams in meaningful situations.

Hey, maybe Miles goes to UM, Bo goes to LSU, and Wats is next in line here. If so, hopefully the entire D staff is retained. Maybe that is where the cards are going to fall :ahhhhhhhh

I gotta say that I thought it was possible to win the Big 12 in Bo's second or third year. As bad as Clownahan was, he still won the North in 2006.

You know, I don't mind people saying Watson should be gone... but this kind of article is sort of BS. Claiming that Osborne and Pelini made a decision that backfired on them is easy when no one knows what would have happened had we completely revamped the offensive staff in 2008. Truth is that in 2008, the offense carried the defense for most of the year, and Watson should get most of the credit for that. Who knows what might have happened in 2009 and 2010 if 2008 had been a 5-7 year. We might be where Michigan is right now...