Player: Ameer Abdullah

Hometown: Homewood, AL

School: Homewood HS

Position: RB/CB

Height: 5'9"

Weight: 177

40 time: 4.51

Visit Date: 1/14/2011

Scholarships: Alabama, Cincinnati, Nebraska, South Carolina, Tennessee, USC, West Virginia, Vanderbilt, Arkansas State, East Carolina, Louisiana Tech, Louisville, Middle Tennessee State, North Carolina State, South Florida, Southern Miss, Texas A&M, Texas Tech, UAB

Rivals: :star:star:star

Scout: :star:star:star

ESPN: :star:star:star

Kinda weird how he says if the Skers wow him he could commit but then goes on to say his leaders are USC and Bama.

He would be a great steal this late in the process.

this has committing then decommitting right away upon visit to USC or Bama who continue to press written all over it

Kinda weird how he says if the Skers wow him he could commit but then goes on to say his leaders are USC and Bama.

this has committing then decommitting right away upon visit to USC or Bama who continue to press written all over it

Is this a 'fly under the radar' type of guy? I know there's some controversy that goes into start rankings, but you would have think that he's better than the :star :star :star rating Rivals gave him if USC, Bama, NU, Auburn, Tenn, etc. are going after him.

Has anybody watched film on him?

Is this a 'fly under the radar' type of guy? I know there's some controversy that goes into start rankings, but you would have think that he's better than the :star :star :star rating Rivals gave him if USC, Bama, NU, Auburn, Tenn, etc. are going after him.

Has anybody watched film on him?

Definitely an under the radar type of guy. He said everything has picked up big time in January. He played in the Offense Defense bowl (both Santos and Turene played as well) and that got a lot of schools interested, Nebraska included. He played DB in that game and that's why he got offers from Bama and USC.

Heard is already N, and will be here soon. I could see Ameer playing DB, at 17-18 he could have another growth spurt in him. Plus his vertical is 38 inches.

:yeah Remember Prince was a RB as well.

I do remember that, and a damn fine one in HS. :thumbs

I'm guessing they're looking at him for CB. We already have shorter/shiftier guys with Green and Heard both coming in as freshmen. I can't imagine loosing a thumper in Tray means going to get a third smaller guy in this class (Heard is essentially in this class). We lost Tevin. Staff obviously wanted another CB. Here he is.

I'm guessing they're looking at him for CB. We already have shorter/shiftier guys with Green and Heard both coming in as freshmen. I can't imagine loosing a thumper in Tray means going to get a third smaller guy in this class (Heard is essentially in this class). We lost Tevin. Staff obviously wanted another CB. Here he is.

The coaches told him we want him as an RB. Wouldn't be surprised if he does come to Nebraska that over the course of his career he ends up at CB though.