SIGNED RB/DB Ameer Abdullah

Had a GREAT visit and might not be taking his next scheduled visit to USC. Wants to talk with his parents at home before making a decision.

well that is consistent with what he said earlier..... truth me told it made me nervous but the talk of not visiting USC gives me hope... i guess this kid is pretty excited about Nebraska (why not right!?) and being the one of the top ten kids in ALabama certainly speaks volumes about the kids potential......

really hope we get him!!!

keep us posted (i.e. the infamous 9 out 10 or 10 out of 10 ranking standard)

Apparently their only allowed so many visits because of their recruiting restrictions. Really hope he doesn't make it.

Whats the deal w his rivals rankings? They have him listed as the #9 athelete but only 3 stars. Are they re-evaluating him or did they just mistype his info?

Rival's ratings are all goofy. Bubba is the number 7 athlete overall (I did not even realize that Bubba was an athlete now) but rated 112 nationally. While Colt Lyerla is the 11th athlete but 87th nationally. That just doesnt even make sense...

Latest on Abdullah from Husker Extra:

RB recruit taking long look at NU

With news that Braylon Heard still has a little work to do to qualify, the Huskers surely wouldn't mind adding a running back to this recruiting class to go with Aaron Green.

So it will be interesting what decision is made from Ameer Abdullah, a 5-foot-9, 180-pound running back from Homewood, Ala., who visited Lincoln this weekend.

Joining him on the trip was his high school teammate -- wide receiver Aaron Ernest.

Abdullah has an impressive list of offers on the table: Nebraska, USC, South Carolina, Tennessee, West Virginia, Texas A&M, Texas Tech, a host of others. And at this stage in the game, with signing day about two weeks away, he's one of the best RBs still out there to be had.

Scout.com ranks him 57th among running backs nationally and Rivals.com ranks him ninth among all-purpose backs.

Abdullah seemed to leave Nebraska with a favorable impression. The running back said he enjoyed his visits with Bo Pelini and running backs coach Tim Beck.

"Coach Bo said he liked how I play and how I can cut on a dime and just make plays," Abdullah told Scout. "He wants to bring more speed to the program, so they can help Taylor (Martinez) and the offense make more big plays.

"I really liked what he was telling me and the direction the program is going into the Big Ten. I feel like with the offense they're bring in, they should go into that conference and do big things."

The running back said he also likes the passion fans have toward the Husker team

"I liked the vibe of the city," he told Scout. "It was like everything revolved around football and as a player that's the kind of environment you want to be in."

Abdullah does have a visit to USC planned, but said it was possible that might not occur if he were to commit to another school before that scheduled date.

With Roy Helu graduated and Dontrayevous Robinson having transferred to Montana State, running back is a spot where the Huskers will need to build some depth.

Montana State made Robinson's transfer to its school official last week.

Robinson told the Bozeman (Mont.) Daily Chronicle Nebraska's new zone-read system was the main reason for his exit. He also is very close to Montana State's quarterback and former high school teammate, Denarius McGee.

"That's my brother right there," Robinson told the Daily Chronicle of McGee. "If you ever ask me about him, that's what I'm going to say, so you should just start

calling him my brother."

Whats the deal w his rivals rankings? They have him listed as the #9 athelete but only 3 stars. Are they re-evaluating him or did they just mistype his info?

He's the the #9 all-purpose back but they moved him to athelete under his profile so it shows him as the #9 rank but it's still for all-purpose back.

"The probation thing worries me," Abdullah said. "There's the talk of grayshirts for some recruits. They can only sign 20 players and they already have like 24 commitments. I like the weather and the tradition. That was my dream school when USC was in their prime. Everyone wanted to go there. If it wasn't for that probation I'd have jumped on that USC offer. This recruiting stuff would've been over with."

Abdullah plans to decide soon.

"I'm not one of those attention guys," he said. "That's not me. I'm not a guy about picking hats. My thinking is those guys that make the schools wait until signing day just do it for attention to string everyone along. That's not me. That's not the way I was raised."

Alabama Newspaper

Nice little drop in the artice from Ameer about our future offensive plans.

"The probation thing worries me," Abdullah said. "There's the talk of grayshirts for some recruits. They can only sign 20 players and they already have like 24 commitments. I like the weather and the tradition. That was my dream school when USC was in their prime. Everyone wanted to go there. If it wasn't for that probation I'd have jumped on that USC offer. This recruiting stuff would've been over with."

Abdullah plans to decide soon.

"I'm not one of those attention guys," he said. "That's not me. I'm not a guy about picking hats. My thinking is those guys that make the schools wait until signing day just do it for attention to string everyone along. That's not me. That's not the way I was raised."

Alabama Newspaper

Nice little drop in the artice from Ameer about our future offensive plans.

I like this kid based on the quote above. I hate this drawn out picking the hat BS. It strings along schools that are looking to round out their final spots. I believe the networks are behind this hype too. Look at the allstar games and how much of their coverage is picking a hat BS.