SIGNED RB/DB Ameer Abdullah

He's going to visit Auburn, he did say however that he's still committed to us, tho IMO that means no reason to visit Auburn if ur fully committed somewhere else, nonetheless we will be sending Beck down to visit him again this week.

f#*k beck... send beck bo carl, lil red, marching band, midwest melissa, the guys over at nebraskacoeds.com and anyone else you can think of

can vouch for the visit to Auburn. His brother goes there so of course he's got to go to the local school and stay close...don't know how well of an offer they will give him, but there's no way they are going to repeat next year with Cammy Cam gone and nasty Nick gone. Nebraska's taking it right?

:koolaid2:

can vouch for the visit to Auburn. His brother goes there so of course he's got to go to the local school and stay close...don't know how well of an offer they will give him, but there's no way they are going to repeat next year with Cammy Cam gone and nasty Nick gone. Nebraska's taking it right?

You're not sure how well of an offer they will give him? Are you saying what it sounds like? Also when you say that he's got to stay close does that mean that if Auburn does offer he's gone? Like I said above, this guy is without a doubt a top five recruit in this class for me. He's right up there with Moore, Green, Starling, Turner and Jackson and if we lose this guy it would as significant of a loss as anyone in the class IMO.

You're not sure how well of an offer they will give him? Are you saying what it sounds like? Also when you say that he's got to stay close does that mean that if Auburn does offer he's gone? Like I said above, this guy is without a doubt a top five recruit in this class for me. He's right up there with Moore, Green, Starling, Turner and Jackson and if we lose this guy it would as significant of a loss as anyone in the class IMO.

Reword: i guess by offers I meant position, CB or RB. He's been RB all high school but played sum corner in the recruiting bowls (actually beasted in that). And no i dont think he will automatically go if Auburn offers. Getting playing time isn't always number one on an athlete's list. Family is up there at the top as well. I'm not Ameer so I don't know what he wants. It would be great to see him in the Nebraska spread but if he wants to stay wit his bra I'm totally fine with that. Yes, it would be a big hit on Nebraska but give this kid respect.

Reword: i guess by offers I meant position, CB or RB. He's been RB all high school but played sum corner in the recruiting bowls (actually beasted in that). And no i dont think he will automatically go if Auburn offers. Getting playing time isn't always number one on an athlete's list. Family is up there at the top as well. I'm not Ameer so I don't know what he wants. It would be great to see him in the Nebraska spread but if he wants to stay wit his bra I'm totally fine with that. Yes, it would be a big hit on Nebraska but give this kid respect.

With Rex, Green, Jamal, Brion, Reed, K. Bell, we are set with some play makers for a while. (T Mart too)

Bingo! I hope to see some different formations/plays to get these guys included in our Offense early and often this upcoming season! :bigredn:

Rex - Bingo

Green - hasn't proved anything

Jamal - hasn't proved anything

Brion - hasn't proved anything

Reed - Bingo (but then again McNeill went from play maker to nothing in a year so this certainly isn't a lock)

K. Bell - hasn't proved anything

I'm sorry - but we are far from set when it comes to play makers. We have some potential in a few of these guys - but no coach bats 1.000 when it comes to recruits panning out.

All of those kids haven't even hit the field yet but I am looking for big things from all of them over the new 4 seasons. Based on tape and what they have done at the HS level they all have a lot of talent. Sorry, McNeill is not a WR. I didn't see much speed this year, he was open at times but he isn't a top level college WR. The staff hurt the team and hurt his draft chances by changing his position.

Let's revisit this post in two seasons and I bet 4 of the 6 on my short list are top performers on this team.