Hey Hey Hey...Get Out Of My Way!!!

Leaving right now for a trip to Lincoln to watch the mighty Cyclones crush the lowly Huskers in a game of hoops tonight. Getting a late start because when someone gave me the tickets I didn't even realize Nebraska had a basketball team and thought the guy was trying to put one over on me... <_<

So, if you see a Blue Dodge pickup truck coming up behind you at 120 on the Interstate you might want to get out of the way before I help you get out of the way...and if any of you want to finally meet up with me, just start chanting "Let's Play Baseball" during the game when the Freds are blowing your doors off...I'll come across the court and find you. Should be pretty easy to do since only about 7 people attend the bball games in Lincoln.

Well so much for your prediction! The NU boys have now extended their winning streak to 11-0!! Jeter Helps Streaking Nebraska To 63-62 Win

http://www.wowt.com/sports

GO BIG RED!!!

Sorry CY I guess we do have a team

It's a one point win, at home, against a team with a first year/ first time college head coach. Let's not lose one's head over this "win"

Iowa State is a real good team this year. 13-3 and a darkhorse to make it into the tourny. If you ask me a very solid win and should give this team confidence going forward. Kinda scared about the Mizzou game though cause we have yet to play on the road this year.

It's one win.

Let's see this team win 13 more times this season, before conference tournet time. If so, then one has reason to get excited.

It's one win.

Let's see this team win 13 more times this season, before conference tournet time. If so, then one has reason to get excited.

I'm not trying to attack you, but this is simply a stupid statement. There MIGHT be two teams in the entire conference that win 13 more times before the tournament. This IS a huge win because this team just learned that they can pull one out in crunch time. That kind of confidence is majorly important, period.

• Fire 1

It's one win.

I'm not trying to attack you, but this is simply a stupid statement. There MIGHT be two teams in the entire conference that win 13 more times before the tournament. This IS a huge win because this team just learned that they can pull one out in crunch time. That kind of confidence is majorly important, period.

:yeah

If we go 14-2 in the Big 12 that would put us as a top 3 seed in the NCAA tourny. In all honesty we we go 10-6 or even 9-7 in Big 12 play that is something to be real excited about.

I got my money's worth out of that game...of course the ticket was free.

Just kidding. Great game to watch and I was really impressed with the fan turnout. Also gotta give props to the Nebraska fans that sat around me and traded Hawkeye jokes with me during halftime (they asked me if it was true that the University of Iowa had to re-sod Kinnick Stadium because the Iowa players smoked all the grass)

Good job out of both teams. It was the kind of game everybody could get into whether you won or lost. We were kinda limited by injuries and the suspension of our only kid over 6'5" (I'm not counting the human Q-tip Vanderbeekin) and I was really disappointed that none of our football players that Hoiberg borrowed from the football team in order to be able to hold an actual practice got into the game. You would think with 5 days of practice they would have been more than ready to contribute.

All in all...I had a great time! Thanks Nebraska...see you in Ames in a month or two.

By the way...do all Motel 6's have bedbugs or just mine?

Idk, ask Tom Bodet

It's one win.

they learned they got lucky, is all. seriously...it never should have been that close at the end. sure, they "pulled one out in crunch time" but it was not because they actually deserved it. should never have been in that position. hell...they even missed the first of two gifted free throws. if the rest of the season goes remotely like this game, the husker ballers will be lucky to win 6 in conference.

they learned they got lucky, is all. seriously...it never should have been that close at the end. sure, they "pulled one out in crunch time" but it was not because they actually deserved it. should never have been in that position. hell...they even missed the first of two gifted free throws. if the rest of the season goes remotely like this game, the husker ballers will be lucky to win 6 in conference.

You don't watch Husker basketball closely. If you do, you don't pay very close attention.

"They learned..." - last time I checked, learning to win a close game is a big deal.

"...they got lucky, is all." - This team hasn't caught a break under Doc yet, until now. Even two years ago when they went 8-8, they were literally inches away from 10-6. The fact that a break FINALLY went there way may be just enough to get the "bad luck" monkey off their backs.

"...it never should have been that close at the end." - This is Doc's style of ball, like it or not. It's like Nebraska football. When your team is built with an emphasis on defense, you won't blow anyone out unless is Sisters of the Blind.

Anyone who says winning the first conference game (no matter the opponent) isn't a big deal for a team that last year went 2-14 is obviously not paying attention to what's been going on.

Note: In no way am I saying this means Nebraska is going to incredible things this year, I'm just saying it's big that they actually took a step forward.

• Fire 2

You don't watch Husker basketball closely. If you do, you don't pay very close attention.

"They learned..." - last time I checked, learning to win a close game is a big deal.

"...they got lucky, is all." - This team hasn't caught a break under Doc yet, until now. Even two years ago when they went 8-8, they were literally inches away from 10-6. The fact that a break FINALLY went there way may be just enough to get the "bad luck" monkey off their backs.

"...it never should have been that close at the end." - This is Doc's style of ball, like it or not. It's like Nebraska football. When your team is built with an emphasis on defense, you won't blow anyone out unless is Sisters of the Blind.

Anyone who says winning the first conference game (no matter the opponent) isn't a big deal for a team that last year went 2-14 is obviously not paying attention to what's been going on.

Note: In no way am I saying this means Nebraska is going to incredible things this year, I'm just saying it's big that they actually took a step forward.

I don't follow Nebraska basketball as closely as I should and I undoubtedly know less about it than you. You make some great arguments. +1 for caring about Nebrasketball as much as you do! :thumbs

• 2 weeks later...

Leaving right now for a trip to Lincoln to watch the mighty Cyclones crush the lowly Huskers in a game of hoops tonight. Getting a late start because when someone gave me the tickets I didn't even realize Nebraska had a basketball team and thought the guy was trying to put one over on me... <_<

So, if you see a Blue Dodge pickup truck coming up behind you at 120 on the Interstate you might want to get out of the way before I help you get out of the way...and if any of you want to finally meet up with me, just start chanting "Let's Play Baseball" during the game when the Freds are blowing your doors off...I'll come across the court and find you. Should be pretty easy to do since only about 7 people attend the bball games in Lincoln.

It's a Dodge. It wouldn't reach 120 mph if you pushed it off a 30 mile high cliff.

:LOLtartar

Now this is a husker truck...

post-4393-087267700 1296081155.jpg

post-4393-069965500 1296081187.jpg

T_O_B

:throwdabones1::bonesflag::throwdabones1:

im paying plenty of attention. my cousin played basketball at for doc as recently as 2 seasons ago. i talk about the current team with him all time. over the years ive been a huge defender/supporter of Doc and his style. but its becoming old. things are not changing.

whether they are actually playing better this year or the fact that the big 12 overall is down compared to last year is a valid argument-and they still have a losing record. doesnt look good for getting back to .500 this weekend either.

in reference to the iowa st game and the huskers getting lucky- it shouldnt have been that close with Doc's defensive style, because they were up by much more. its like some weird prevent defense comes out and they go away from the things that got them the lead in the first place.

still feeling as strong about your words after the texas tech game?

It's one win.

Actually it's brilliant. One doesn't nor shouldn't get excited over a poor win. Put together several wins, and then you can and should get excited.

Looking at the TT loss and my above post becomes even more brilliant because this it shows this team HAS NOT learned they can pull one out in crunch time.

It's one win.

Actually it's brilliant. One doesn't nor shouldn't get excited over a poor win. Put together several wins, and then you can and should get excited.

Looking at the TT loss and my above post becomes even more brilliant because this it shows this team HAS NOT learned they can pull one out in crunch time.

I wasn't saying you had to be excited about the ISU win, I was simply saying if you aren't going to be excited until Nebraska wins 14 conference games, you might as well never watch as long as you live because it happens for very few teams, ever. For the rest of us realists, a win is a win and worth being happy about.

im paying plenty of attention. my cousin played basketball at for doc as recently as 2 seasons ago. i talk about the current team with him all time. over the years ive been a huge defender/supporter of Doc and his style. but its becoming old. things are not changing.

whether they are actually playing better this year or the fact that the big 12 overall is down compared to last year is a valid argument-and they still have a losing record. doesnt look good for getting back to .500 this weekend either.

in reference to the iowa st game and the huskers getting lucky- it shouldnt have been that close with Doc's defensive style, because they were up by much more. its like some weird prevent defense comes out and they go away from the things that got them the lead in the first place.

still feeling as strong about your words after the texas tech game?

Yes.

The TTech game did absolutely nothing to change my feelings on the ISU win. It was yet another let down, sure. I never once in my posts said I didn't think this team would ever let us down again. They've been competitive in every game, which is why I was so excited about ISU: because this team should it was different and was going to give itself a chance to win way more games this year.

Nice job of waiting until they finally had a bad loss to come back and say something <_< . Where were you after KU, Mizzou, or Colorado? I'd say the Nebraska team in those 3 games looked better than the team last year. Which, again, was what I was saying after the ISU game. It's clearly right there, where it says "NOTE", I didn't expect this team to light the world on fire, I was just excited they won their first conference game. I'm still pleased with this team.