Matt Wile

lionsfan93

Player: Matt Wile

Hometown: San Diego, California

Position: K

Height: 6'2"

Weight: 210 lbs

Scholarships: Air Force, San Diego St.

***JP is recruiting him pretty hard. This kid was the kicker and punter for the West in the Army All American. He has a visit set up for Jan. 28th.

"I don't excatly know what I have from Nebraska as far as an offer, but they want me to come up there and commit as soon as I can, so I assume that I'll have one when I get there," Wile said.

"I talked to coach J.P. the Friday before I left for San Antonio, and he talked to my dad before the (Army All-American) game. He told me they wanted me to come up this next weekend, but I'm actually going to Air Force because I had already got my tickets for that trip."

Hey if we could trade one US Army All American for another so be it. Not sure if Sade punts so Wile might be the better get if he can win both roles to replace Henery.

Sade didn't punt in the game but believe he did this year for his high school team. Wile looked a lot better on kickoffs then Sade did.

Punter isn't the major concern here. Maher will step in and fill the void fairly well. Kicking on the other hand........

We could use a kicker, plus his other 2 choices are Mich and air force. Don't see why he wouldn't choose us

Maybe he has a better relationship with Hoke or really wants to join a service academy.

Maybe. But Michigan returns their starting kicker, RS frosh Brendan Gibbons. Not sure about AF. The competition is wide open at NU. I’m just sayin. . .

Are we offering a scholly? Gilmore said we were looking for a WR, RB, DE and TE. If we get all four that puts us at 20. He says we'll get 20-21. Who gets the last one? Wile, Carter on signing day? We're recently in on some LBs. Just not sure there's enough schollies.

i think we have more room than that if we need/want it. we definitely need a good kicker.