Matt Wile

lionsfan93

Are we offering a scholly? Gilmore said we were looking for a WR, RB, DE and TE. If we get all four that puts us at 20. He says we'll get 20-21. Who gets the last one? Wile, Carter on signing day? We're recently in on some LBs. Just not sure there's enough schollies.

i think we have more room than that if we need/want it. we definitely need a good kicker.

I heard a rumor with transfers forthcoming and medical hardships we'll be at like 81 or 82 schollie players so we could take up to 25 if the right people come along. But if not we'll spread those 3 or 4 left over places to walk ons.

Are we offering a scholly? Gilmore said we were looking for a WR, RB, DE and TE. If we get all four that puts us at 20. He says we'll get 20-21. Who gets the last one? Wile, Carter on signing day? We're recently in on some LBs. Just not sure there's enough schollies.

i think we have more room than that if we need/want it. we definitely need a good kicker.

I heard a rumor with transfers forthcoming and medical hardships we'll be at like 81 or 82 schollie players so we could take up to 25 if the right people come along. But if not we'll spread those 3 or 4 left over places to walk ons.

i haven't crunched the numbers in a while, but i'm pretty sure we could accommodate up to 23 or so if the right ones want in. otherwise, i agree that the last few would and should be saved for deserving walk-ons.

i haven't crunched the numbers in a while, but i'm pretty sure we could accommodate up to 23 or so if the right ones want in. otherwise, i agree that the last few would and should be saved for deserving walk-ons.

Personally I would put the extras towards next years class, talk about a small number

Personally I would put the extras towards next years class, talk about a small number

i wouldn't save scholarships for next year just to do it. as with all scholarship decisions, i think the deciding factor should be if the kid is worth the a ship period, not whether he's worth a ship if you have a few extra to give, or if he's worth a ship if he can sit out a semester first (greyshirt). if we can get a kid that is scholarship worthy to join this class, then i say do it and let next year's class worry about itself. our roster is still not to the overall level of talent it needs to be (though it seems to be getting closer) and we have specific needs yet to fill that i'd like to see addressed sooner than later (LB, K, TE, CB, DL).

fwiw, i count 14 juniors that are on scholarship at present and 2-3 more that i don't think are now, but certainly could be next season (meaning their ships would come available). i'm referring to legate, austin jones, thorell and conceivably ebke. add in the usual 2-3 kids that will leave for whatever reason and i don't think the 2012 class size is something to be concerned about. i'm guessing it will be in the range of 18-19 kids. Yes, that would still be a small class, but not so small i'd worry about it.

i wouldn't save scholarships for next year just to do it. as with all scholarship decisions, i think the deciding factor should be if the kid is worth the a ship period, not whether he's worth a ship if you have a few extra to give, or if he's worth a ship if he can sit out a semester first (greyshirt). if we can get a kid that is scholarship worthy to join this class, then i say do it and let next year's class worry about itself. our roster is still not to the overall level of talent it needs to be (though it seems to be getting closer) and we have specific needs yet to fill that i'd like to see addressed sooner than later (LB, K, TE, CB, DL).

fwiw, i count 14 juniors that are on scholarship at present and 2-3 more that i don't think are now, but certainly could be next season (meaning their ships would come available). i'm referring to legate, austin jones, thorell and conceivably ebke. add in the usual 2-3 kids that will leave for whatever reason and i don't think the 2012 class size is something to be concerned about. i'm guessing it will be in the range of 18-19 kids. Yes, that would still be a small class, but not so small i'd worry about it.

I agree. A bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush.

lol

I find it hard to imagine that we can't find one kid in state that can kick. They would walk on just to get a chance to play, for the Huskers. We need a kicker, most of our close games the last couple of years, were helped by Henery's leg in winning them. The way our offense, played toward the end of the season, next year would be tough without at least a kicker that was good from 40yrds on in.

GBR!!!

I find it hard to imagine that we can't find one kid in state that can kick. They would walk on just to get a chance to play, for the Huskers. We need a kicker, most of our close games the last couple of years, were helped by Henery's leg in winning them. The way our offense, played toward the end of the season, next year would be tough without at least a kicker that was good from 40yrds on in.

GBR!!!

Hi - first time post so you might not believe me but what the heck. :) I can tell you that the staff has been looking at instate talent to walk on and they didn't wait until yesterday to do so. My bro is a HS soccer coach and one of his former players is in the mix. GBR

GBR!!!

Hi - first time post so you might not believe me but what the heck. :) I can tell you that the staff has been looking at instate talent to walk on and they didn't wait until yesterday to do so. My bro is a HS soccer coach and one of his former players is in the mix. GBR

Thats good to here. Hope one of the instate kids can make it. Thanks for the info.

GBR!!!

GBR!!!

I was wondering why weren't going after a soccer player...