Off Season Thoughts

The only news in the last few days is Sipple chirping about Bo and LSU. It seems like this program is on the right track but still unstable. Our offense is the 'shakiest gun in the west' and every head coaching job that opens up Bo's name gets brought up. Nebraska picked up it's big recruits early and there have been a lot of what ifs? since. First off, the University needs to step up, pony up and secure Bo for the next few years at least (we need him more than he needs us). They also need to let him be the head coach and fire and hire whomever. I just get this feeling there are too many chiefs in the tribe right now (my opinion, of course). This off season let's find some stability please, thank you.

The only news in the last few days is Sipple chirping about Bo and LSU. It seems like this program is on the right track but still unstable. Our offense is the 'shakiest gun in the west' and every head coaching job that opens up Bo's name gets brought up. Nebraska picked up it's big recruits early and there have been a lot of what ifs? since. First off, the University needs to step up, pony up and secure Bo for the next few years at least (we need him more than he needs us). They also need to let him be the head coach and fire and hire whomever. I just get this feeling there are too many chiefs in the tribe right now (my opinion, of course). This off season let's find some stability please, thank you.

I agree about the stability part however, I don't think Bo is going to leave Nebraska. He waited too long to get this job so why would he give it up after 3 seasons? He's got unfinished business to take care of-a conference title and a national championship. After he achieves those two things he might get the itch to go elsewhere but I doubt it. People forget that he is also a husband and a dad. To up root his family once again would not make Mrs. Pelini or the kids very happy. Nebraska is a great place to raise your kids. I think they will stay put. IMHO :)

I agree about the stability part however, I don't think Bo is going to leave Nebraska. He waited too long to get this job so why would he give it up after 3 seasons? He's got unfinished business to take care of-a conference title and a national championship. After he achieves those two things he might get the itch to go elsewhere but I doubt it. People forget that he is also a husband and a dad. To up root his family once again would not make Mrs. Pelini or the kids very happy. Nebraska is a great place to raise your kids. I think they will stay put. IMHO :)

Bottom line is Bo needs to act like a head coach. I agree no one will probably go anywhere, but he and Wats need to have a heart to heart and Bo needs to give the offense the same attention he gives the defense. This defense speciality stuff has been played enough. He was hired to be a head coach and run the whole team, not just the defense. Coach the whole team damn it!

Bottom line is Bo needs to act like a head coach. I agree no one will probably go anywhere, but he and Wats need to have a heart to heart and Bo needs to give the offense the same attention he gives the defense. This defense speciality stuff has been played enough. He was hired to be a head coach and run the whole team, not just the defense. Coach the whole team damn it!

Yeah. I remember TO making a lot of the defensive calls back in his day.

yea i think people tend to forget that bo is still pretty new at the head coaching gig and that he inherited a big mess. he is just now getting his recruits here and ready to play, we are as nebraska fans pretty unreallistic with our expectations here. and dont forget how long it to dr.osborne to win a championship here. bo is a very good coach and he will get it done, it just takes a little time.

Except JoPa of course.

Look at all the loyalty Bowden earned..forced out

look at mangino turning around a horrible program...forced out

look at Pete Carroll and the dynasty he was building...left under suspicion

look at the stache wanstedt graduating players and generally doing well...forced out

look at rich rod and his short leash...gone

look at ekeler, watsgrove, and Carl p, searching searching searching.

Look at the sweet spot urban had...left for health reasons

basically, nothing is secure. Coaches are always Looking

yea i think people tend to forget that bo is still pretty new at the head coaching gig and that he inherited a big mess. he is just now getting his recruits here and ready to play, we are as nebraska fans pretty unreallistic with our expectations here. and dont forget how long it to dr.osborne to win a championship here. bo is a very good coach and he will get it done, it just takes a little time.

.......and the wisdom to sh#t-can Watson! :o