Everything about Les Miles - 2011

ESPN has been wrong quite often lately. I can't imagine that the most prominent sports tv entity would accept some of the "mis-reports" that they have had. It is almost like they just take information off of message boards and put it on their "scroll"..... :rollin

But, if Les stays, Michigan will go after Hoke (assume). Bo stays, which, the sentiment I get from "most" fans on this board is a GOOD THING.

To pile on, I just noticed that Foxsports.com reported a somewhat detailed account of Cam Newton embracing his father after the BCS game, while ESPN is reporting that Cecil Sr. wasn't even there! ...A bit off topic, but pretty amusing, none the less.

I won't lie. It would be awesome if the NCAA stripped Auburn of it's national title and Newton of his heisman. A big black eye for the SEC.

I would laugh

ESPN has been wrong quite often lately. I can't imagine that the most prominent sports tv entity would accept some of the "mis-reports" that they have had. It is almost like they just take information off of message boards and put it on their "scroll"..... :rollin

But, if Les stays, Michigan will go after Hoke (assume). Bo stays, which, the sentiment I get from "most" fans on this board is a GOOD THING.

To pile on, I just noticed that Foxsports.com reported a somewhat detailed account of Cam Newton embracing his father after the BCS game, while ESPN is reporting that Cecil Sr. wasn't even there! ...A bit off topic, but pretty amusing, none the less.

I won't lie. It would be awesome if the NCAA stripped Auburn of it's national title and Newton of his heisman. A big black eye for the SEC.

I would laugh

This would be my reaction

I think that's a very real possibility. If I understand correctly, the NCAA hasn't completed it's investigation into the pay for play scandal. Just a shame it will happen after the fact, because the title will most likely be vacated. Too bad Oregon and TCU couldn't have played for the MNC this year. Not to mention Scam's Heisman....

I don't think anyone has turned on him.

I stated I want him here, but I am sick and tired of him not putting an ending to a rumor. Playing the maybe I will go card, stirring up everything in Husker land.

If he is doing that I have lost respect for him. I really do not want him here if that is the situation.

As to doing much, it is a matter of opinion. Much like are we back yet. He has accomplished a lot, but very few of his goals. We are not an elite team, we do not have an offense. We have not won the conference, nor been in a BCS bowl game. All his goals.

Setting and accomplishing goals are the standards. He has not met a one of them that I am aware of. Not knocking him by any means. I know what he walked into and he has made inroads, but attaining his goals, the teams goals, the universities goals and the fans goals have fallen quite short.

His stubborness to hold on to coaches that have clearly in some minds, have failed, is Callahanish to say the least. These same complaints were on Frankie with Bohl and Callahan with Cosgrove. To say that he is any different is questionable in my mind.

All it takes is I am not leaving Nebraska for any reason. But he continues to play coy with all about his intentions until it has been decided by others that he is not going. IE Les staying at LSU. These rumors should be nipped in the bud instantly with all that have been going on.

Personally I think he is here for quite awhile. I want him here, but I want him to be the coach he needs to be for Nebraska. I am not concerned about wins or losses. I think he does just fine on that level, but I am concerned about his media presence and his anger control problems.

Just keep us in the loop Bo.

Again on the Leech thing. Read the current stuff about it. A total of 9 texts over the Christmas Holidays and if you buy the Craig James stuff, not much I can say.

He is a great coach, a good man, excentric to be sure, but I think he could do quite well at Nebraska, and my guess is if he came here the only way to get him out would be to fire him. He would not leave or jump after the next daisy on the path.

He spent 10-11 years at Tech and made them relevant in college football. Knows how to pick highschool QB's and to coach them up. I would love to see him come here as a OC. I can not imagine the problems Nebrask would cause the Big 10's defenses with him and Bo attacking from the kickoff on.

Les Miles is in a recruiting hot bed and doesn't need to rebuild another program. Oh and it doesn't hurt that he has his QB coming back and 16 starters off a top 5 team, plus he has a great class coming in. He is just reloading and shooting fish in a barrel. Pretty easy gig, why leave?

Yeah, I didn't think he would leave either. He said after their bowl game that he wasn't going to leave but I guess people weren't listening or thought that once Michigan called him he would go running. I love it when ESPN is wrong!!

What? Les Miles staying at LSU?

Huh. Never EVER saw that coming. :rolleyes:

Staying? But...But.... A Michigan man has to go to Michigan to coach because only at Michigan can a Michigan man properly Michigan for Michigan......

Michigan!

And people though we were bad in 03/07 with our coaching changes....Jeez

A coach teaches, demands, loyalty, dedication, trust from his players. NO questions, no changes, just undying obedience. You commit to Nebraska and take another trip you are gone!!!!!

But if the dollar comes around, that does not apply to me. SEE YA!!!!!!

There's the door, don't let it hit you on the way out. Leverage bullsh#t. He is an out of control moron at times. He deserved to be corrected and most likely was done so, due to a certain booster's comments.

If any of us had made a display like that on National TV, what would your boss have done?

I want him here, but if he wants to leave, get the hell out. In honesty he has not done that much. Bottom feeder top 20 team, that can not score points to save their lives. Poor coaching to put all you eggs on the defensive side of the basket. Not enough vision to see his problem and correct it. Stubborn to a fault comes to mind, an exact replica of what left in some instances..

If he wants to go every time a job comes up, he is not loyal to Nebraska. Fire his ass and bring in Leach!!!!!

Yep, I have seen your baseball. That girl over there has it....only she doesn't call it a baseball.....