Final Polls Out - We're in the Top 20!?!?!????

knapplc

im surprised. maybe voters didnt watch our game?

Gotta be the explanation. Or they just figured we didn't care about a meaningless bowl and didn't gig us for the pitiful performance. Or maybe they had mercy on us for the most trying season since 2007.

I was sure we'd be unranked after that loss to Washington. That was some pitiful football we put on display. I would categorize this as a gift.

im surprised. maybe voters didnt watch our game?

Gotta be the explanation. Or they just figured we didn't care about a meaningless bowl and didn't gig us for the pitiful performance. Or maybe they had mercy on us for the most trying season since 2007.

I was sure we'd be unranked after that loss to Washington. That was some pitiful football we put on display. I would categorize this as a gift.

When they vote on these polls, don't they take into account our total season? I guess I'm of the opinion that we had some really good games and some really good wins (MU, OKSt) and we lost by so little in some of those games. I wouldn't base the entire season on a post season game, especially since they saw us obliterate this same team 3 months before.

As I sit in front of the gas log fireplace, watching reruns of Family Guy in a retirement village 50 years from now I will fight to keep the memory of the 2010 season alive. I will make sure that my great grandkids never forget this 19th place finish in the poll.

Go Big Red.

You are sort of missing the point. The point is not, "Hey guys! Come quick! We're 19th!!!" The point is, "How in the hell did we manage to stay ranked despite looking like @$$ in our bowl game?" This thread is more about enigmas than celebration.

In any event, you act as though there is something else to talk about.

• Fire 1

Well if voters went with the whole year, then i would probably agree with the ranking, but also based on the last 4 games, i would have put them in the 25-30 range. I mean being 10-2 before the CCG was not too shabby...

im pretty suprised but im sure this will help us in the future in some way

As I sit in front of the gas log fireplace, watching reruns of Family Guy in a retirement village 50 years from now I will fight to keep the memory of the 2010 season alive. I will make sure that my great grandkids never forget this 19th place finish in the poll.

Go Big Red.

You are sort of missing the point. The point is not, "Hey guys! Come quick! We're 19th!!!" The point is, "How in the hell did we manage to stay ranked despite looking like @$$ in our bowl game?" This thread is more about enigmas than celebration.

In any event, you act as though there is something else to talk about.

Just a thought, but i think he was using sarcasm