Which team was better?

60 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2010 team wins this mythical game 17 - 10.

I don't think there's any way that the '10 offense scores 17 points on the '09 defense, but that's just me.

you are right...that was a typo.... In my post, I gave reasons that the 2009 team was better and then I predict the 2010 team to win..... My fault

2009 team would beat this year's team 17 - 10

This year came to a screeching halt, but the team was better. I judge by the teams we beat: last year the best team we beat was a disappointing 8-5 Oklahoma team. We didn't beat anyone with a better final record than 8-5. This year we beat 10-3 Mizzou, and 11-2 Okie State (how, I am still trying to figure out).

This year came to a screeching halt, but the team was better. I judge by the teams we beat: last year the best team we beat was a disappointing 8-5 Oklahoma team. We didn't beat anyone with a better final record than 8-5. This year we beat 10-3 Mizzou, and 11-2 Okie State (how, I am still trying to figure out).

But you forgot factoring in that Suh would own Martinez.

2009 was like a bunch of junkyard dogs. Everything about that 2009 team was unconventional in today's football. But we won. The losses that year were some of the worst to endure, but the 09 team was fun to watch with the defense coming through time and again. Seems weird, but 2009 will be one of my favorite Husker teams in terms of sheer effort and heart.

But you forgot factoring in that Suh would own Martinez.

At least this year it took half of the season for teams to find the blueprint to shutdown our O. Last year's offense blew from the get go

If we are going to do this hypothetical poll, you gotta break down both teams by positions. Id say the 2009 team is better. Who on the o-line this year could block both Crick and Suh? They would get manhandled by our 2009 D-line. And Martinez would crap his pants if Suh was coming after him. 2009 Lee , I think would have more poise in the pocket if the 2010 D-line was coming after him. And our 2009 O-line could hold their own against 2010 D-line. But at the same time, our 2010 D-backs were a little better than 2009, so Lee would have a tough time finding receivers. Even if he did, could they catch the ball? I saw no improvement from our receivers from 2009-10. And of course 2010 Rex was lights years above 2009 Rex, so that would help the 2010 team. Roy made minimal improvement from 2009-2010, so that's even. Now to Linebackers, David vs. Dillard? David is a GREAT player, but I think Id take Dillards leadership and smarts. He had that defense in position every snap.

So if I had to make a prediction, Id say 2009 NU offense can move the ball better against the 2010 defense and get into field goal range at least a few times. 2010 offense would crap their pants against the 2009 defense. That defense was scary good. No weaknesses at all. 2010 defense was weak at stopping the run. Id say 2009 NU: 6 2010 NU: 0. I don't think the 2010 offense would score a point on that defense and that is the honest truth.

2009 Nebraska would have to score a point to beat 2010 Nebraska. Offensively there's no way that happens. Defensively it's possible, but 2010's defense scored more than 2009's defense.

My guess is 2010 would win 20-13. Neither offense would score a TD. Alex would kick a pair of field goals for both teams. 2010 wins because DeJon Gomes and Fonzie Dennard score a pick-six each, edging Suh's pick-six for the win.