Fairley vs suh?!

This made me chuckle...

Seriously, does Herbie have nothing better to talk about.

Ok, at this time next year, if Fairley is going to the Pro Bowl, and up for Defesive Rookie of the Year, then ok, this may be a relevant conversation.

All Fairley is, is the Iron Sheik of defensive lineman...

The talking heads are pumping Fairly up just for something to talk about. His stats are pretty close to Suh's. But I don't think he dominates the games like Suh did. And I don't recall Fairley chasing down WRs from behind. Plus, the 52 solos tackles by Suh is an absolutely freaking unreal number for a DT getting double-teamed all year.

Fairley stats

11.5 sacks

60 tackles (36 solo)

24 TFL (106 yds)

24 QB hurries

2 forced fumbles

1 interception

Suh stats

12.0 sacks

85 tackles (52 solo)

20.5 TFL (93 yds)

19 QB hurries

1 forced fumble

1 interception

Don't forget Suh's deflected passes

Perhaps our friends at ESPN would like to watch the '09 Big 12 title game again, just as a reminder...and the '09 Mizzou game...and the OU game...and about every other game for that matter. We could follow that up with a tour of Suh's trophy case, and a cordial reminder of the incredible number of 1st place votes Suh received for the Heisman.

There's also such a thing as class, something Fairley has never heard of. Suh just flat out dominated every game, but he did so with class. No cheap shots or dirty penalties.

• Fire 1

suh is way better. last night the reason fairley got into the back field so much was cuz he was put into one on one situations or that the oregon linemen would mess up their assignment and he would go unblocked. suh never was in one on one situations or went unblocked , he just threw offensive linemen out of the way so fast it looked that way!

Let me guess... ESPN?

Who is Fairly? I mean, I never heard of him until the BSC Championship game but everyone who is interested in college football (and even some who aren't!) have heard of SUH!! Let's see how this Fairly kid does in the NFL. I agree with the notion that ESPN is scraping the bottom of the news barrel. SO GLAD TO HAVE CRICK BACK NEXT YEAR!! WHOO HOOO Throwing confetti!

Nick Fairley is undoubtedly filled with physical talent, but a cursory glance at videos, news reports, and messsage boards from other schools indicate that he is not in the same class as Suh. IMO, Fairley has a thug streak and a 10-cent head which does not translate into "best of the best" status. Further, during the National Championship game I saw him huffing and puffing at times (when Oregon got their up tempo rolling on occassion) and calling for a sub because he was gassed. I honestly don't remember very many instances where Suh exhibited the same fatigue factor during games. Finally, I am curious as to what the size difference was between Fairley and the Oregon line (anybody know?). My point is I don't think he would have been as dominant against a bigger line (e.g., Wisconsin's).

Link (Fairley's late hits vs. Georgia):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xljcMJxJZg

I don't think all the hits were dirty (the knee one looks like he was blocked/momentum into the GA QB's knee, but the spear to his back after he had thrown the ball was pretty bad.

Some interesting thoughts on this discussion by the folks over at VolNation: Is Nick Fairley in the same league as Ndamukong Suh?

Small listing of thoughts from another message board: Fairley vs. Suh

Discussion over at "SEC Talk" and one poster placed this linke The Sports Science of Suh stating that in Fairley vs Suh the 1:50 mark is all you need to know.

Just a smattering, and I'm biased, but Suh is better hands down! GBR!

The thing with Fairley is that you didn't start hearing his name being thrown around until more than half way thru Auburns season where else Suh's name was mentioned for a season and a half on ESPN.

Also I highly doubt that Fairley will donate 2.6 million to a school he just won a National Championship with.