BIG ERN

Aaron Earnest

Speedy WR that is teammates with Ameer Abdullah. They will both be in Lincoln tomorrow --1/14/11. Here is a link of him owning people on the 100 m dash in Alabama.

Player: Aaron Earnest

Hometown: Homewood, AL

School: Homewood HS

Position: WR

Height: 6'1"

Weight: 170 lbs.

40 time:

Visit Date: 1/14/2011

Scholarships: Kentucky, Louisiana Tech, Southern Miss, UAB, Wake Forest

Rivals: :star:star

Scout: NR

ESPN: :star:star

okay... its intersting when it comes down to the end of the line the players that sort of emerge....guy seems like he has some speed and nice hands... but lets hope if he comes here he doesnt sign the LOI that states he will use butter on his hands before every game.....

okay... its intersting when it comes down to the end of the line the players that sort of emerge....guy seems like he has some speed and nice hands... but lets hope if he comes here he doesnt sign the LOI that states he will use butter on his hands before every game.....

Just dont let him eat popcorn before every game, and we should be fine.

Any husker brethren out there know if they use electronic timing devices at the state track meet in Alabama? Just curious considering his stellar 100m dash times at the 2010 state meet. Not saying he has better football speed, but Aaron's times are even better than Davie's!

Had to go back through Davie's posts. Davie ran a 10.38, not sure if it was electronic though. It definatley looks like Aaron's was electronic as there were no timers standing at the finish line. He's damn fast - imagine having both on the team. I'd go out on a limb and say we'd have 2 of the fastest WRs in college football. But, speed doesn't equal blocking ability, and Gilmore doesn't like them catching balls...so speed doesn't really matter.

Any word on how the visit went? Did he get an offer?

He loved the visit, but at this point, still doesn't have an offer. Basically waiting to see what happens with a couple other kids first. Also talk about one of our WR recruits having qualifying issues (from what I've heard it's Daniel Davie). However, Davie has raised his ACT score, and if he puts together another solid semester, should be fine. I haven't heard anything regarding Allen's grades so just guessing that it's Davie.

Visit went well. We haven't offered yet as we are not taking any more WR, but one of our current commits Daniel Davie or Taariq Allen is academically questionable. Coaches told Earnest that they should know how grades are looking by end of this week... If the guy with questionable grades looks like he's not gonna make it, then NU will offer Earnest.

Visit went well. We haven't offered yet as we are not taking any more WR, but one of our current commits Daniel Davie or Taariq Allen is academically questionable. Coaches told Earnest that they should know how grades are looking by end of this week... If the guy with questionable grades looks like he's not gonna make it, then NU will offer Earnest.

We're not taking any more WRs??? I thought we were taking one more. God knows we need to take as many as possible in hopes one turns out to be a stud.

We're not taking any more WRs??? I thought we were taking one more. God knows we need to take as many as possible in hopes one turns out to be a stud.

no.

Any husker brethren out there know if they use electronic timing devices at the state track meet in Alabama? Just curious considering his stellar 100m dash times at the 2010 state meet. Not saying he has better football speed, but Aaron's times are even better than Davie's!

When I ran track in Georgia (which, of course, isn't Alabama, but is in the same region) all of the meets utilized handheld watches. Granted this was 10 years ago and races that I personally ran in utilized sun-dials.

if we had unlimited scholarships, sure. in reality, no, we can't have a large percentage of our scholarships tied up with reaches at WR (also known as the callahan plan). it's far from the most important position on the field anyway, unless you can get a really good one, and we have needs elsewhere. we just need to do a better job of scouting, recruiting and developing the position. 2-3 WR recruits a year is plenty.

As of right now we are taking 2 WR in this years class. Last year we took 4, so we have plenty of guys. That's not the issue. From what I understand we have plenty of speed on the field, and then we've got some guys who can block, and some guys who have great hands... what is questionable is do we have 3-4 guys that can do all 3 things well. We need quality and consistency in all 3 areas. Some of that has to do with development, some of that has to do with coaching, some of that has to do with who we sign. I also believe that a big problem here is that our QB often misses Receivers when they are open and that he often over throws receivers when they have done the work to get in the right place.

As of right now we are taking 2 WR in this years class. Last year we took 4, so we have plenty of guys. That's not the issue. From what I understand we have plenty of speed on the field, and then we've got some guys who can block, and some guys who have great hands... what is questionable is do we have 3-4 guys that can do all 3 things well. We need quality and consistency in all 3 areas. Some of that has to do with development, some of that has to do with coaching, some of that has to do with who we sign. I also believe that a big problem here is that our QB often misses Receivers when they are open and that he often over throws receivers when they have done the work to get in the right place.

Like against Texas?

When I ran track in Georgia (which, of course, isn't Alabama, but is in the same region) all of the meets utilized handheld watches. Granted this was 10 years ago and races that I personally ran in utilized sun-dials.

He has a track offer from LSU, if that puts things in perspective. It's simple, if we offer, he's N.

He has a track offer from LSU, if that puts things in perspective. It's simple, if we offer, he's N.

Yep.. I think that'll suffice. The kid can fly. Speaking of track, Nebraska has a pretty solid track team, no? We have plenty of kids double-dipping on the football team. Why not one more?? chuckleshuffle

Yep.. I think that'll suffice. The kid can fly. Speaking of track, Nebraska has a pretty solid track team, no? We have plenty of kids double-dipping on the football team. Why not one more?? chuckleshuffle

I can't tell if that's sarcastic...do we really have a lot of double dippers? The last one I knew of was Gilleylen, and I don't even think he runs track anymore?

Dang he's fast! Get him on board! Lord knows we can use that speed somewhere

I'd love to get him ...... lets hope he goes to D so he can have a coach that can devlop the talent of course the O needs the help.

I can't tell if that's sarcastic...do we really have a lot of double dippers? The last one I knew of was Gilleylen, and I don't even think he runs track anymore?

Sorry... generalized reference to our football+ athletes.

would this kid walk on here ?

I read on another board that he is trying to earn a Track & Field scholarship with LSU.

I read on another board that he is trying to earn a Track & Field scholarship with LSU.

He has a T&F offer from LSU already.

He has a T&F offer from LSU already.

Good for him. Wish him the best.

To whom it may concerned, I think he may be a little distraught with the process, which is disappointing. He's a good kid and I feel like (with my very limited knowledge) he could have become a really good player.

I hope he lands on his feet somewhere :/