Aaron Earnest

BIG ERN

We're not taking any more WRs??? I thought we were taking one more. God knows we need to take as many as possible in hopes one turns out to be a stud.

if we had unlimited scholarships, sure. in reality, no, we can't have a large percentage of our scholarships tied up with reaches at WR (also known as the callahan plan). it's far from the most important position on the field anyway, unless you can get a really good one, and we have needs elsewhere. we just need to do a better job of scouting, recruiting and developing the position. 2-3 WR recruits a year is plenty.

Visit went well. We haven't offered yet as we are not taking any more WR, but one of our current commits Daniel Davie or Taariq Allen is academically questionable. Coaches told Earnest that they should know how grades are looking by end of this week... If the guy with questionable grades looks like he's not gonna make it, then NU will offer Earnest.

We're not taking any more WRs??? I thought we were taking one more. God knows we need to take as many as possible in hopes one turns out to be a stud.

As of right now we are taking 2 WR in this years class. Last year we took 4, so we have plenty of guys. That's not the issue. From what I understand we have plenty of speed on the field, and then we've got some guys who can block, and some guys who have great hands... what is questionable is do we have 3-4 guys that can do all 3 things well. We need quality and consistency in all 3 areas. Some of that has to do with development, some of that has to do with coaching, some of that has to do with who we sign. I also believe that a big problem here is that our QB often misses Receivers when they are open and that he often over throws receivers when they have done the work to get in the right place.

Visit went well. We haven't offered yet as we are not taking any more WR, but one of our current commits Daniel Davie or Taariq Allen is academically questionable. Coaches told Earnest that they should know how grades are looking by end of this week... If the guy with questionable grades looks like he's not gonna make it, then NU will offer Earnest.

As of right now we are taking 2 WR in this years class. Last year we took 4, so we have plenty of guys. That's not the issue. From what I understand we have plenty of speed on the field, and then we've got some guys who can block, and some guys who have great hands... what is questionable is do we have 3-4 guys that can do all 3 things well. We need quality and consistency in all 3 areas. Some of that has to do with development, some of that has to do with coaching, some of that has to do with who we sign. I also believe that a big problem here is that our QB often misses Receivers when they are open and that he often over throws receivers when they have done the work to get in the right place.

Like against Texas?

Any husker brethren out there know if they use electronic timing devices at the state track meet in Alabama? Just curious considering his stellar 100m dash times at the 2010 state meet. Not saying he has better football speed, but Aaron's times are even better than Davie's!

When I ran track in Georgia (which, of course, isn't Alabama, but is in the same region) all of the meets utilized handheld watches. Granted this was 10 years ago and races that I personally ran in utilized sun-dials.

He has a track offer from LSU, if that puts things in perspective. It's simple, if we offer, he's N.

Any husker brethren out there know if they use electronic timing devices at the state track meet in Alabama? Just curious considering his stellar 100m dash times at the 2010 state meet. Not saying he has better football speed, but Aaron's times are even better than Davie's!

When I ran track in Georgia (which, of course, isn't Alabama, but is in the same region) all of the meets utilized handheld watches. Granted this was 10 years ago and races that I personally ran in utilized sun-dials.

He has a track offer from LSU, if that puts things in perspective. It's simple, if we offer, he's N.

Yep.. I think that'll suffice. The kid can fly. Speaking of track, Nebraska has a pretty solid track team, no? We have plenty of kids double-dipping on the football team. Why not one more?? chuckleshuffle

Yep.. I think that'll suffice. The kid can fly. Speaking of track, Nebraska has a pretty solid track team, no? We have plenty of kids double-dipping on the football team. Why not one more?? chuckleshuffle

I can't tell if that's sarcastic...do we really have a lot of double dippers? The last one I knew of was Gilleylen, and I don't even think he runs track anymore?

I can't tell if that's sarcastic...do we really have a lot of double dippers? The last one I knew of was Gilleylen, and I don't even think he runs track anymore?

Sorry... generalized reference to our football+ athletes.

• 2 weeks later...