OLB Arrington Jenkins

BIG ERN

via twitter

@JNewbergESPN [LB] Arrington Jenkins [Miami, Fla] had a GREAT trip to Illinois and said he's torn right now between ILL/FSU. He canceled his NEB trip

This sucks. He actually had the attitude of a guy that embraces cold weather, knowing if he wants to play pro ball he'd have to play in it. I liked that.

Seriously time to put the full press on Virgile.

Frickin Zook. What a joke.

PS Good luck with that FSU thing since they are more or less waiting on Tony Steward or bust at LB

PPS aspeedlin, screw it might as well put Darius Vick from Southeast on the most wanted cause the prospects are getting thin.

via twitter

@JNewbergESPN [LB] Arrington Jenkins [Miami, Fla] had a GREAT trip to Illinois and said he's torn right now between ILL/FSU. He canceled his NEB trip

This sucks. He actually had the attitude of a guy that embraces cold weather, knowing if he wants to play pro ball he'd have to play in it. I liked that.

PS Good luck with that FSU thing since they are more or less waiting on Tony Steward or bust at LB

PPS aspeedlin, screw it might as well put Darius Vick from Southeast on the most wanted cause the prospects are getting thin.

I know Paul, today has really put a major damper on who I could put in the most wanted list. Thats the fun of recruiting though, its ups and downs.

I was thinking either of Darien Bryant or Aaron Ernest in the list.

via twitter

I know Paul, today has really put a major damper on who I could put in the most wanted list. Thats the fun of recruiting though, its ups and downs.

I'd say Dexter Moody or Malcolm Moulton

via twitter

Someone on the HI free board posted that he watched Dexter play a couple of times this year and was not impressed, and he also said he would be surprised if Dexter still had a commitable offer in hand.

via twitter

Someone on the HI free board posted that he watched Dexter play a couple of times this year and was not impressed, and he also said he would be surprised if Dexter still had a commitable offer in hand.

Originally signed with Georgia in 2009 as an Under Armour All-American and ESPNU 150 prospect. I only seen a few highlights of the kid and he looked like an alright player. Not saying All Big 10, but could help the D in my mind. I'm not sold on any LB besides David at the moment. Moulton had 242 yards and 3 tds his first game this year.

via twitter

Originally signed with Georgia in 2009 as an Under Armour All-American and ESPNU 150 prospect. I only seen a few highlights of the kid and he looked like an alright player. Not saying All Big 10, but could help the D in my mind. I'm not sold on any LB besides David at the moment. Moulton had 242 yards and 3 tds his first game this year.

I have no idea how he played this year just letting you know what I have heard, but judging by the lack of info that leads me to blieve he either might a academic question or the staff just moved on from him.

via twitter

I have no idea how he played this year just letting you know what I have heard, but judging by the lack of info that leads me to blieve he either might a academic question or the staff just moved on from him.

Just read that he didn't get the PT that he was looking for. Didn't have that productive of a season. So who knows the scenario here.

Arrington Jenkins (Miami, Fla./Coral Park) had such a good time visiting the University of Illinois this weekend that he canceled his scheduled trip to Nebraska that was slated for Sunday and Monday."I'll I can say is that I had a great time," Jenkins said on his way home from Champaign. "To go to Nebraska [on Sunday] wouldn't be right. It's just too much for four days and it wouldn't be fair."

The four-star inside linebacker prospect was blown away by everything about the Fighting Illini and they now find themselves in major contention for his services."My high school coach (Steve Smith) coached one of their players in high school, Corey Liguet," Jenkins said. "He told me everything about them, good and bad. He told me the truth about Illinois. We went to their banquet and had a great time. I love the coaches, the players and facilities. Everything there just seemed right to me."

Jenkins visited Minnesota last week but said the Gophers "can't touch" Illinois. If he doesn't make a trip to Nebraska next weekend it will be an Illinois-Florida State battle."I tell you what. If signing day were today I couldn't do it. I wouldn't sign," Jenkins admitted. "I will go home, get some sleep and then talk with my coach and my position coach and go through some things. If I can commit this week, I will. If not I may try and visit Nebraska next weekend."

Seems like it is one step forward two back here recently. I feel MUCH less confident in landing any high profile recruits than I did last year at this time. Not sure what is up....just a different feeling.

at this time last year, we were losing carnes to western kentucky and lavonte to south florida....