BIG ERN

SIGNED K Mauro Bondi

O8n7o.png

Position: Kicker

Hometown: Boca Raton, Florida

School: West Boca Raton

Currently committed to Wake Forest, but Bo Pelini is visiting him tomorrow.

Rivals

Scout says he is one of the top kicker/punters in the country. ESPN has him 9th best kicker.

Seriously why are we so focused on a kicker? I mean I know we just lost Henery, but we have a number of Kickers/Punters to make a run at being the kicker next year. Then you add in the fact that we have Jase Dean who was redshirted as a walk-on, and I really don't see the need for a kicker this year.

Jason Dann.

Actually, I always get those guys mixed up too. Always want to write 'Jase Dann' but then think 'wait...' Dean is a cornerback.

Dann, hope he turns out to be the next great kicker at Nebraska. Adi would be good insurance now, and so would another kicker, like a top scholarship kid. We'll miss Alex for sure either ways and now's as good a time as any to try to soften the drop.

Seriously why are we so focused on a kicker? I mean I know we just lost Henery, but we have a number of Kickers/Punters to make a run at being the kicker next year. Then you add in the fact that we have Jase Dean who was redshirted as a walk-on, and I really don't see the need for a kicker this year.

We got to score points somehow.

have you seen any this "number of kickers/punters" kick field goals? because our coaches have and they're apparently going down the list of kickers trying to get someone new on campus this fall. i think that says something.

I highly doubt we would be after a kicker this hard if we had any confidence that anyone currently on the squad could consistently boom kickoffs like adi or perhaps the problem is accuracy but either way I'd say we need a kicker.

Bondi is now deciding whether or not to visit Lincoln prior to national signing day next Wednesday.

His leg strength isn't of any question. Highlight footage can be found on the Internet of him booming kickoffs through end zones and making field goals of greater than 60 yards.

"He's probably the most underrated guy out there," his kicking coach, Brandon Kornblue, told Rivals.com.

http://huskerextra.com/sports/football/recruiting/article_b229bdb9-ac9b-536c-bfb0-07445333b51e.html

just been told by mauro (his name is mauro, not maro) himself that he will be switching his commitment to nebraska. it was at a party so he may have just been happy and soaking in the atmosphere, but he told me he is definitely switching to NU.

I just read his ESPN profile, he sounds very similar to Kunalic....giant leg, struggles with accuracy. He can punt too

Great, Bondi can be another Kunalic for us. Freshman heralded scholarship kicker who makes the first field goal attempt of next year, a 46-yarder. And then redshirt freshman Jason Dann can take over and be the next Alex Henery! SUUUUH-WEET! FOUR MORE YEARS of having an awesome PK/KOS tandem! :koolaid2:

In seriousness though, I think Adi's mechanics were a bit messed up on field goals to go with a monster leg. I forget what the exact terms used to describe it were. Is that the same case here, or is it a more tenable project as far as accuracy goes?

I really hope that Bondi/Dann scenario, or at least one as good, will play out though. Talk about pretty symmetry :)

just been told by mauro (his name is mauro, not maro) himself that he will be switching his commitment to nebraska. it was at a party so he may have just been happy and soaking in the atmosphere, but he told me he is definitely switching to NU.

um yeah you really dont need to be talking to recruits about that and then on top of it coming on here and posting about it. we dont need any recruiting violations.

um yeah you really dont need to be talking to recruits about that and then on top of it coming on here and posting about it. we dont need any recruiting violations.

Relax. If you run into a recruit in public, you're allowed to talk to the kid and even ask him about recruiting. You're just not allowed to try to sway him to Nebraska or constantly "bump" into him.

• Upvote 1

clearly i didn't walk up to the kid and start swaying him toward nebraska. it was casual conversation. he was a nice kid too. we even joked about him having to live up to the legend that is alex henery but he said that won't bother him at all. obviously it could just be the hype of the moment and the visit, but he sounded genuine in saying he'd switch to nebraska. anyways the kid can't get in trouble because Joe Blow posts on Huskerboard that he saw him at a party. for all you guys know, i could be lying.

For what it is worth he is actually a higher rated kicker than Sade and Wile

What? I thought Sade was literally like Top 2.

Rivals is showing 16 for Bondi.

For what it is worth he is actually a higher rated kicker than Sade and Wile

What? I thought Sade was literally like Top 2.

Rivals is showing 16 for Bondi.

Yes, Bondi is 16th, but they have Sade as 30th and Wile isn;t ranked. Also Bondi is a 5.4 two star whereas Sade and Wile are both 5.3. I think it was Sade's kicking guru coach that said he was top two. The kid going to A&M is the best high school kicker with Heidari kid going to USC probably the second best. After that it is a straight crap shoot on who is better.

Alright, confirmed pretty much every where. And as irule said can we at least spell the kids name right?

Now all we will hear around campus is "Bondi want smush smush!!"

looks like you were right :bigredn:

Bondi has a HUGE leg. He's a good get for us. Glad he's :bigredn:

WOW consitently out of the back of the EZ on kickoffs, he could kick off for us next year....easily

Yeah. A lot of them through the uprights. And 10 rows into the bleachers. The guy has a huge leg. He'll be fun to watch next year.