Did Bo bungle the presser?

sbhusker

81 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Right, from that perspective I can see how "lying" to the press can be construed as "lying" to the fans. Of course that assumes that Bo had the option (legally, contractually, whatever) to spill his guts but decided not to, just to be a stinker. Is that the assumption? That he could have told us everything but that he hates the media so much and is so indifferent towards the fans that he decided not to?

Or are we dealing with a coach who is still new to dancing around gray areas (let's face it gray areas might never be his specialty), especially with the media, who said "No!" a little too defensively and forcefully in response to a question he already said he wasn't going to answer (after the 4th time it was asked), and now is in a PR sh*tst*rm manufactured by some fans (and reporters) who would rather discuss their hurt feelings than the STELLAR class we just pulled?

With that, recognizing the irony of keeping it alive, I drop it.

I know there are already several threads in which this topic is being argued but maybe we can try to quantify the "tenor of the fanbase" (or at least the message boarders among us) and see who truly is...dun dun dun..."out of touch"?

Well played sir!

yes a little but I don't care over here

BTW- we signed a pretty good class today.

Hell yeah! Now, if we can just get some new coaches! haha GBR!

Right, from that perspective I can see how "lying" to the press can be construed as "lying" to the fans. Of course that assumes that Bo had the option (legally, contractually, whatever) to spill his guts but decided not to, just to be a stinker. Is that the assumption? That he could have told us everything but that he hates the media so much and is so indifferent towards the fans that he decided not to?

Or are we dealing with a coach who is still new to dancing around gray areas (let's face it gray areas might never be his specialty), especially with the media, who said "No!" a little too defensively and forcefully in response to a question he already said he wasn't going to answer (after the 4th time it was asked), and now is in a PR sh*tst*rm manufactured by some fans (and reporters) who would rather discuss their hurt feelings than the STELLAR class we just pulled?

With that, recognizing the irony of keeping it alive, I drop it.

Hey, make any excuse you want for him. I'm just saying that his statements were, at the very least, misleading... And misleading the fans = bungling the press conference. It seems to me that the ones with hurt feelings are the ones that take personal offense to the belief that Bo is being picked on.

Where did this nonsense of "personal butthurtedness" come in to play? Bo bungled the presser and several of us called him out on it. Thinking that discussing the coaching changes that are obviously in the wind is somehow personal is such weak sauce.

Shockingly, when a player (Niles Paul comes to mind) bungles a play (the fumbled kickoff return v. Iowa State comes to mind), we don't ONLY focus on the fact that he had some catches and some nice returns. We also discuss his gaffes, and rightly so.

In the same way, when we sign a nice recruiting class it's fine to take a moment to be glad about that - but yesterday was not ONLY about the recruits who signed. Yesterday announced the beginning of the coaching changes that many of us have been hoping for going on two years now. Pretending that news like that will get leaked and people won't talk about it denies reality, and it flies in the face of what we've all done in the recent past.

• Fire 1

Asked Wednesday if Sanders remained part of Nebraska's coaching staff, Pelini said, "I'll address any staff questions at the appropriate time. This isn't the time or place."

Pelini said no one on the staff has been fired. He also said he had not hired any new coaches "up to this point."

I still dont see where some are coming from, this was answered just fine, however akward the teleconfrence was. I dont think he was lying at all. Sanders is on personal leave and his problems may get resolved. No one has been fired and no one has been hired, but things are in the works.

Where did this nonsense of "personal butthurtedness" come in to play?

You posted in another thread that Bo is "in danger of losing the fanbase." I was just wondering what happened yesterday (which I suppose could be added to previous concerns held by some regarding his sideline demeanor) to cause that opinion. If it's because he "misled" fans (like you) then yes, I think you are taking it personally.

So, I made a guess that your interpretation of Bo's comments as being misleading to fans, or whatever you think he did that does not meet your expectations, caused you some hurt feelings.

I hope that explanation is less nonsensical, even if you still disagree with my conclusion :)

But if you say your feelings aren't hurt, then I believe you. Wouldn't want to blow your "dispassionate" cover ;)

"Did you change your staff"

I'm only taking recruiting questions

"Is there truth to the rumors of staff changes?"

I'm only taking recruiting questions

"Have you informed any recruits of staff changes?"

Gotta love the persistence.

And people wonder why he hates these annoying, scumbag reporters. Actually, after the third question, a flat out FU would have been rather fitting.

Where did this nonsense of "personal butthurtedness" come in to play?

You posted in another thread that Bo is "in danger of losing the fanbase." I was just wondering what happened yesterday (which I suppose could be added to previous concerns held by some regarding his sideline demeanor) to cause that opinion. If it's because he "misled" fans (like you) then yes, I think you are taking it personally.

So, I made a guess that your interpretation of Bo's comments as being misleading to fans, or whatever you think he did that does not meet your expectations, caused you some hurt feelings.

I hope that explanation is less nonsensical, even if you still disagree with my conclusion :)

But if you say your feelings aren't hurt, then I believe you. Wouldn't want to blow your "dispassionate" cover ;)

I did post that Bo was in danger of losing the fan base, and I cited examples of Billy C's behavior that got him run out of town. A person can do that and have no personal concern.

But you continue to think what you want to think. Whatever makes you happy. :thumbs

Kevin Wilson opened this can of worms.....

I agree.

What people fail to understand is that Bo informed the media 24 hours ahead of time that he was only going to answering questions on the recruiting class and nothing else.

Some Husker fans probably have no idea that this class was probably the best recruiting class we've had since Callahans first year but only seemed to care about coaching changes yesterday. Who cares if this recruiting class is ranked #14 for ESPN and #15 for Rivals or the fact that we got a top notch offensive line unit coming in with a QB and RB ranked in the top 10 in their positions or also the fact that Peat surprised everybody yesterday by signing with Nebraska, I want to know whats going on with the coaching changes. Bunch of babies

I would like to know whats going on about the possible coaching changes as much as anybody else but if the coach addresses ahead of time that he's only going to talk about recruiting and nothing else than I'm going to expect him to do so whether I like it or not.