Make a bold prediction about Nebraska's newest players

Tariq Allen will be the surprise of this class when Jason Phillips takes over as OC and instills a pro-style offense.

Reeves will get at least 2 starts in 2011

Stafford is the starting Nickel by fall (assuming we still have a peso base D)

Not trying to bash your prediction, but I don't think there's any way we go to a pro-style offense.. All we have are spread type qbs, and Bo's mentioned an Oregon style offense a few times I believe.

Agreed with Pirman, Wistrom had similar size as a freshmen. I doubt he'll be that good, but better than some people think.

Reeves will be great, Moore will be better, but Klachko will be our best lineman in the class.

Santos will be fine as a WLB in the big ten, and Stafford will have an impact both of his years here.

For walk-ons, Kucera and Kuzu will both contribute down the road, and maybe another lineman. Broekemeier might end up as our punter.

billdozer15, how can you say that santos is too small? what was lavonte's size when he came here 2 years ago? his playing weight was 210-215 all year. are you saying that david is too small to play big 10 football? i am not trying to talk sh*t on your post, just trying to make a point that possibly you have not thought of yet. santos will have 4-5 years to put on some weight. i think he will be ok. he will not pull a chris williams on us.

Comparing Santo's to Lavonte at this point is rediculous. Besides I would argue if Lavonte were to play four years in the B1G he would end up being too small and not be able to contribute. As it stands Lavonte is an amazing athlete that will likely get us through our first go around in the B1G, however we are going to need bigger LB's to withstand the downhill run style of the B1G. "If" and its a big if Santo's can get his weight up to 230-40'ish and still move ok i think he will be alright. However, I am inclined to think he wont be able to bulk up that much at his height 6' which is likely inflated, wont allow him to get that big. He may very well prove me wrong and i hope so, but i just dont see someone at his size at LB lasting real long in the B1G.

I think in the next year or two we will go after bigger LB's who will eventually surpass Santos and that is why he will be rendered to mop up duty or special teams.

edit: BTW Lavonte came in last year @ 6'1" 215.

santos is coming in at 6" 212. the kid can play and hopefully can withstand the beating big 10 football can dish out. bo's D is based on speed. now i am not going off of the peso D because that was something that had to be done because of the people we had. if you look at the teams he has had in lsu and with oklahoma, speed was the name of the game. bo's D won 38-24 against THE ohio state in 2007 for the national championship. you may be right with santos but i hope bo's past will be a sign of what he can do with david.

i agree that bo's defense is based on speed and thats great and yea they did beat osu but they also had a long time to get healthy before the game, idk how the speed defense will hold up after playing a full big 10 schedule. i hope your right and the d plays great, but i think it will the trend will be we start out with great defense at the begining of the season but then later on get beat up on and start to fizzle out

Mine-

If Heard makes it to campus and Abdullah and Green qualify, this is how I would rank them:

1. Heard

2. Abdullah

3. Green

I'm not an expert by any means but that's what I see from their highlight tapes.

That *is* bold....and a very interesting one to follow.

Mine-

If Heard makes it to campus and Abdullah and Green qualify, this is how I would rank them:

1. Heard

2. Abdullah

3. Green

I'm not an expert by any means but that's what I see from their highlight tapes.

That *is* bold....and a very interesting one to follow.

Agreed. I'm just not sure how Green's fairly upright running style will translate. I'm not trying to make a direct comparison but it looks sort of similar to Marlon Lucky. I see Heard as more of a Ross type runner.

Hopefully they will all be outstanding. That'd be the best case scenario.

Green will break the Nebraska Freshman rushing record.

Ahman Green rushed for 1,086 yards the school's single-season freshman rushing record.

13 touchdowns on 141 carries 7.7 avg. and was honored as a freshman All-America selection by Football News. He earned Big Eight all-conference and Freshman of the Year honors.

Jamal Turner will play in the first game as a true freshmen this Sept. He will have the most TD's for this freshmen class.

Two offensive lineman will win the outland trophy in their career. Green will qualify for the Doak walker award. Turner won't see a snap at QB but transfer to safety. Charles Jackson will see some playing time much like Ciante Evans did. Peat will redshirt but get significant playing time the year after.

Jackson will start over Evans.

Klachko is named an All-American.

Aaron Green never reaches his potential (Marlon Lucky).

Ameer Abdullah becomes the starter after next year.

Damion Stafford takes Cassidy's spot.

Todd Peat becomes an average player for Nebraska starting 3 years.

Turner becomes a do it all utility guy and starts out as wide receiver. I would compare his career to Bobby Newcome's

Bubba Starling...I am not BOLD enough to predict what happens to him.

Mauro Bondi never starts as placekicker.

David Santos and Charles Jackson become the most recognized/successful players from this recruiting class.

Peat his sophomore year mirrors the great Suh's stats of Suh's senior year. Charles Jackson becomes Nebraskas all time leader in interceptions and Burkhead/Green/Abudallah combine for 500 yards against Northwestern next year. Now that's bold my friends and hold me to it one of them will be correct.