Make a bold prediction about Nebraska's newest players

Todd Peat Jr. will be the next Jared Crick. Solid, impressive, and potentially amazing.

Jamal Turner will start at least 10 games in his career.

Aaron Green will have an immediate impact this season. 750 yards, minimum.

Pirman redshirts while adding muscle mass and emerges as a rush-end threat in two years.

The five O Linemen are the rebirth of The Pipeline.

Todd Peat Jr. will be the next Jared Crick. Solid, impressive, and potentially amazing.

Jamal Turner will start at least 10 games in his career.

Aaron Green will have an immediate impact this season. 750 yards, minimum.

Pirman redshirts while adding muscle mass and emerges as a rush-end threat in two years.

The five O Linemen are the rebirth of The Pipeline.

:yeah

Barney Cotton will NOT get the full potential out of at least 4 of the OL recruits.

Charles Jackson is starting by Conference play.

Jamal Turner will play all 4 years but never take a snap at the Quarterback position.

The CB's this next season... without a doubt will be Ciante Evans and, of course, Alfonso Dennerd. Both will be excellent. Charles jackson may very well be the one who the following year steps in for Dennerd... but Evans is really, really good and already field tested. Also, Dijon Washington, Andrew Green and Lazarri Middleton are all CB's going into their third years (each had a redshirt year and last year behind them). Add to that the experienced position switch player Antonio Bell and there are too many people with experience ahead of Charles Jackson to expect him to start. In fact, it is more likely that he'll redshirt. That said, he will be a great player and down the road I'd expect major things... just not in his first year on campus. Only injuries (and at that, multiple injuries) would lead to his seeing the field much this next season.

Bold....

Mauro Bondi will finish as the schools 2nd all-time leading scorer..behind Alex Henry.

Daimion Stafford will be a 2-time All American selection before his career is over.

Aaron Green will depart for the NFL after his Junior season.

This class will own 3 rings as they leave the program. 2 Big 10 Championships and a MNC.

Predicitions...

Todd Peat by the end of his career will be very Suh like.

Aaron Green and Ameer Abdullah will give us a LaMichael James and Noel Devine type backfield.

Jamal Turner will start is rsSophmore year.

Kevin Williams will be Glenn Dorsey 2.0

Tyler Moore will be a 1st round pick when his Husker career is over.

Ryne Reeves will be Domonic Riaola 2.0

The CB's this next season... without a doubt will be Ciante Evans and, of course, Alfonso Dennerd. Both will be excellent. Charles jackson may very well be the one who the following year steps in for Dennerd... but Evans is really, really good and already field tested. Also, Dijon Washington, Andrew Green and Lazarri Middleton are all CB's going into their third years (each had a redshirt year and last year behind them). Add to that the experienced position switch player Antonio Bell and there are too many people with experience ahead of Charles Jackson to expect him to start. In fact, it is more likely that he'll redshirt. That said, he will be a great player and down the road I'd expect major things... just not in his first year on campus. Only injuries (and at that, multiple injuries) would lead to his seeing the field much this next season.

Ciente Evans may very well start the season out as the starter opposite Dennard, but if Jackson is as good as advertised (#6 CB, #100 Overall & #8 in Texas) he will play right away and very well could replace Evans. It is not like it is unheard of for a True Freshman to come in and play more then the returning guys (even without an injury occurring). It has happened at NU before and it will happen again.

Also it’s not like Evans was All Worldly when he was playing. If I’m not mistaken he got benched in the Iowa State game for being ineffective.

Ciente Evans may very well start the season out as the starter opposite Dennard, but if Jackson is as good as advertised (#6 CB, #100 Overall & #8 in Texas) he will play right away and very well could replace Evans. It is not like it is unheard of for a True Freshman to come in and play more then the returning guys (even without an injury occurring). It has happened at NU before and it will happen again.

Also it’s not like Evans was All Worldly when he was playing. If I’m not mistaken he got benched in the Iowa State game for being ineffective.

He was benched during the ISU game, but the I'am still holding out hope that they way he played in the Mizzou game will be an every Saturday occurence.

He was benched during the ISU game, but the I'am still holding out hope that they wa

y he played in the Mizzou game will be an every Saturday occurence.

Evans will be good. In an interview, NU wideout Quincy Enunwa, when asked about the secondary at NU and how tough they were in practice, said that Evans was the most difficult guy to separate from of the remaining guys... and seemingly he included Dennard in that assessment. Remember he was a true freshman out there last year and the greatest improvement that is typically made by a college player is between their 1st and second year in program. I'd expect that Evans will be really, really good. And... just a reminder... we tend always to get excited about the newest things.. But Dijon Washington was also a 4 star corner --- he has redshirted and has a year in addition in practice as well. lazarri Middleton was near a 4 star too. Andrew green was, before he got hurt, ahead of Evans and the word from practice was that he was really, really good too. So... I agree that Jackson will be good --- and he could be as good as advertises and still redshirt next season. He has 5 guys, some proven (Dennard) and others with demonstrated potential (Evans) and others with experience (at least in the system --- 2 years each for Middleton, Washington and Green) to compete against. Jackson may be even better than advertised and yet not see the field the next season at all.

I have a question for everyone as I rarely and this year was no exception follow many/any of the incoming recruits high school performances. Everything I read about Green today had a statement behind it saying when healthy. Does he have a history of injury problems?

He had an injury that made him miss most of his junior season, then this eyar he had a nagging ankle if I remember correctly.

He was benched during the ISU game, but the I'am still holding out hope that they way he played in the Mizzou game will be an every Saturday occurence.

IIRC the ISU game was his first start, also he was going up agianst a guy who had like 7-8 inches on him. Ciante will be just fine.

My bold prediction for this class: Atleast 6 of them will quit/transfer, lost due to injury or never play a meaningful down. Bubba wont make it to campus. David Santos wont contribute on defense his size will keep him off the field in the B1G. Taariq Allen will not be the big play receiver we need. The coaching staff as it stands will find it difficult to position Ameer Abdullah in a way he can meaningfully contribute. A couple of the O-linemen will wash out due to injury or just terrible line coaching, my guess is it will be Sterup first due to his height.

Charles Jackson while he will be good, he wont be as good as Stafford. Aaron Green will have a decent career but he wont be breaking any big records here at NU.

The most productive recruit from this class will be Bondi. He will handle all the kicking duties for 4 straight years.