Jason Phillips/ Scott Frost?

Vince R.

so if this is correct who is the QB coach both phillips and frost are wr coaches . so lets say the offense is shored up now look at the lb position opening what happens to that. bo did say there was an opening could that mean sanders and the new db coach share the role and bo take the lb coach over with interns and him self that might be wishful thinking

Theoretically, Scott Frost could probably do a pretty damn fine job coaching the quarterbacks. I don't know that there's any position he doesn't know like the back of his hand, having played quarterback and safety, coached linebackers and receivers, and been the son of his parents. Not to forget that he played/studied under the brightest minds out there.

My thing about the Phillips rumor(Rumorville anyone) us that he has only coached WR's. Plus would he leave a OC position to become a position coach at NU? Plus Houston hasn't been the model of excellence when it comes to the spread-running game. I don't know if the Cougars have had a WR vlock anyone in three years. At least he knows a thing about catching the football, but of course his receivers have hada a hell of an arm throwning it to them in Case Keenum

Phillips has an interesting bio that would lend serious credibility to WR's and would be ripe to continue as an OC on the rise, excellent ties to talent in TX:

http://www.uhcougars.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/phillips_jason00.html

I have always been a proponent of Frost coming back to the staff...he has done excellent with Oregon's WR's. I don't think he would be OC but could take on WR's and recruiting coordinator. We have Beck for RB's.

Phillips and Frost > Watson and Gilmore

I don't give a sh#t what offense we run as long as we pick a direction a go. I'm tired of playing patty cake and having the O-line clueless about what they need to do. That being said...the Houston guy would shock me as OC because of the offense we tried to run this last year until TMart got hurt. But even that offense isn't exactly what Bo's got planned.

One thing I do not want to see is a pass happy offense at Nebraska. We do not need Houston's offense here. Bring a guy in from one to coach WRs––okay. But we need a ground game.

Especially with our inability to recruit good passing QBs and WRs.

Not to mention the fact that we've got a stable of running QBs again––Martinez, Green (well, sort of), Carnes, Turner, Starling.

Why not Frost as QB coach? If Watson is gone and Phillips has a better WR coach pedigree, and if we're setting up to have a more run-oriented attack, Frosty would be an ideal teacher of athletic quarterbacks.

I just can't see us paying 400,000+ to Scott Frost if he's anything but the OC - and I can't see Scott Frost taking a 100,000+ pay cut to come here and be the QB coach. Look at what he made this year at Oregon. They'll have a similarly dominant team next year so you can expect his bonuses to be nearly maxed out again in 2011. Wouldn't mind it happening, it would just suprise me.

Why not Frost as QB coach? If Watson is gone and Phillips has a better WR coach pedigree, and if we're setting up to have a more run-oriented attack, Frosty would be an ideal teacher of athletic quarterbacks.

I just can't see us paying 400,000+ to Scott Frost if he's anything but the OC - and I can't see Scott Frost taking a 100,000+ pay cut to come here and be the QB coach. Look at what he made this year at Oregon. They'll have a similarly dominant team next year so you can expect his bonuses to be nearly maxed out again in 2011. Wouldn't mind it happening, it would just suprise me.

Money is a big part of any coaching deal, but Frost gets to come home, for one, and definitely puts himself on the fast strack for the OC position (assuming he hasn't already received it or a co-OC role).

Last I heard Frost's base salary was $130K. We're not going to pay him based on bonuses he may or may not get as a Duck, and frankly there's as much chance of him getting those bonuses here as there.

Money is a big part of any coaching deal, but Frost gets to come home, for one, and definitely puts himself on the fast strack for the OC position (assuming he hasn't already received it or a co-OC role).

And I'd assume Frost has plenty of money. He didn't get a lot of time in the NFL, but he had 6-7 years there. We'll see. Lateral move, NC contending Oregon to Nebraska, less money, worse facilities. ANY other coach and I'd say not a chance. The only thing going for us is that it's "home". Then again a lot of us leave Nebraska and are perfectly happy to never live there again. He's lived in New York, Tampa Bay, etc...Lincoln doesn't sound all that great in comparison.