Jason Phillips/ Scott Frost?

Vince R.

what about ron brown coaching TE and at least helping with the WR? while he was here the first time around we had the best blocking WR in the country year in and year out. let him help coach the technique for blocking and have someone in here that can help our WR learn how to catch and run a route. just a thought.

• Fire 1

We have to get away from the idea that if you come to the Huskers at WR you will only block. That will always keep us a run oriented offense. Yes, WR will always need to block, but to minimize that position to that basic identity is to miss the mark of what offenses are now doing via the spread type offense.

Agree 10,000%. It's a concept that HAS TO stop.

Better find a QB who can hit receivers, then. :(

better find a QB and a WR coach...not sure we will get there even with the pending changes.

Why not Frost as QB coach? If Watson is gone and Phillips has a better WR coach pedigree, and if we're setting up to have a more run-oriented attack, Frosty would be an ideal teacher of athletic quarterbacks.

I just can't see us paying 400,000+ to Scott Frost if he's anything but the OC - and I can't see Scott Frost taking a 100,000+ pay cut to come here and be the QB coach. Look at what he made this year at Oregon. They'll have a similarly dominant team next year so you can expect his bonuses to be nearly maxed out again in 2011. Wouldn't mind it happening, it would just suprise me.

Money is a big part of any coaching deal, but Frost gets to come home, for one, and definitely puts himself on the fast strack for the OC position (assuming he hasn't already received it or a co-OC role).

And I'd assume Frost has plenty of money. He didn't get a lot of time in the NFL, but he had 6-7 years there. We'll see. Lateral move, NC contending Oregon to Nebraska, less money, worse facilities. ANY other coach and I'd say not a chance. The only thing going for us is that it's "home". Then again a lot of us leave Nebraska and are perfectly happy to never live there again. He's lived in New York, Tampa Bay, etc...Lincoln doesn't sound all that great in comparison.

If by worse facilities, you mean not having Nike logos plastered on everything, then I agree with you.

• Fire 1

Think what you wish, but recruits care about that.

About having good facilities, or Nike logos? If Oregon' facilities are better, it isn't by any noticeable difference, other than a logo.

Nike give Oregon TONS of money, and they do have top-notch facilities. Yes, better than DONU.

I asked someone I know who's seen both. He said that they're both fairly similar but top notch and just a matter of personal taste between the two.

Think what you wish, but recruits care about that.

About having good facilities, or Nike logos? If Oregon' facilities are better, it isn't by any noticeable difference, other than a logo.

Nike give Oregon TONS of money, and they do have top-notch facilities. Yes, better than DONU.

I asked someone I know who's seen both. He said that they're both fairly similar but top notch and just a matter of personal taste between the two.

I saw some article recently that gave numbers on their new Academic center at Oregon. They were comparing 3 regular schools (Mighigan was 1 of them, I think Nebraska was another) and Oregon's. All 3 buildings were somewhere around 40,000 square feet, but Michigan/Nebraska's ran somewhere right around 16-17 million to construct. Oregon's was almost 45 million. It was like 2-3 times as much, yet they building was same size. They have designers come in, use marble/granite instead of ceramic, etc. It's stuff like that - if we spend 15 million to build a weight room - Oregon's similar sized weight room has around 50 million spent on it. Basically the difference between the finish work on a 250k home, and a 3 million dollar home.

I saw some article recently that gave numbers on their new Academic center at Oregon. They were comparing 3 regular schools (Mighigan was 1 of them, I think Nebraska was another) and Oregon's. All 3 buildings were somewhere around 40,000 square feet, but Michigan/Nebraska's ran somewhere right around 16-17 million to construct. Oregon's was almost 45 million. It was like 2-3 times as much, yet they building was same size. They have designers come in, use marble/granite instead of ceramic, etc. It's stuff like that - if we spend 15 million to build a weight room - Oregon's similar sized weight room has around 50 million spent on it. Basically the difference between the finish work on a 250k home, and a 3 million dollar home.

So you're saying that those recruits with an eye for interior design will be drawn to Oregon? That's just FABulous!

• Fire 1

So you're saying that those recruits with an eye for interior design will be drawn to Oregon? That's just FABulous!

HAHA - if they like waterfalls in the locker room they're good to go!

jacquacenterexteriorjpg-9ea937ee61446325_large.jpg

Here is is...

Knight has poured tens of millions of dollars into what amounts to makeup and jewelry for the athletic department. Consider the size and cost of new academic-support buildings at three big-time schools:

Miami, under construction now: 30,000 square feet, $13.6 million.

Michigan, completed in the winter of 2006: 38,000 square feet, $12 million.

Oregon: 37,000 square feet, $41.7 million.

Actually, that $41.7 million is a university estimate of how much the building cost. Knight paid for it himself and wouldn't say. The school may not even know.

What do you get for your extra $28 million? According to The Oregonian, the center features a three-story atrium, a 113-seat auditorium, "a room of bronze athlete-award statues commissioned by a Spanish artist whose sculptures are featured at the Olympic Museum in Lausanne, Switzerland" and a three-story-high etched steel mosaic of Albert Einstein. Naturally, it's not just any three-story-high etched steel mosaic of Albert Einstein. It is made out of thousands of photos of Oregon athletes taken by a photographer who followed them for a year.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/michael_rosenberg/01/06/oregon.knight/index.html#ixzz1CvxaJ0xu