Jason Phillips/ Scott Frost?

Vince R.

I just don't see Frost moving without a promotion. Oregon is a major program, they just played for all the bananas and big daddy Knight throws cash all the place. Plus they gave him his big break a coach, we didn't. Thing is how big would the promotion have to be? The bulk of the talk is of co-coordinators. Would Frost need to be the one calling plays?

Phillips has denied moving but that could easily be coachspeak.

I guess we'll see what happens.

You'd be wrong if you think Bo had his guys hired.

I'm not giving a % but he's been contacted. Also:

1-like we've never had two o-line or D-line coaches before.

2-who says Cotton will still be in his current role?

I've heard rumors (don't remember where) that Barney might be moved to an "administrative position." That wouldn't piss too many people off.

I hope what you said about Frost it true, and that Bo somehow decides to make him the "Run game coordinator" or whatever.

Problem is, if we have the OC, the run game CO, and pass game CO, wouldn't that "water down" the titles and be counter productive.

I'd love to have Frost back, and would have liked to have had Doug Colman too, but such goes life. Hell, what about Jimmy Williams, he was on the staff when Bo was here before, and I don't think he is coaching. He is supposedly a good LB coach.

And, if we are just looking at guys with ties to DONU, how about Tom Rathman? I'm not sure that he would leave the NFL, but he and Bo worked together with the 49ers, I think.

Awwww screw it, just get Uncle Charlie back here, everything will be just fine! :corndance

They started watering down titles in the 90's at most programs. Look how many associate head coaches, passing game coordinators, etc. The fact is today most game plans are figured up in a war room. They'll have one guy who calls the plays and he's really the OC and everyone else is a position coach that perhaps does a little more film work than back in the 80's and early 90s. A title is a nice way for a guy to justify a move to the outside world.

Rathman wont be here. Its a pipe dream. He's not a college coach and that's ok. He doesn't want to have to recruit and be away from the family. The NFL lets him just coach football. Williams had the chance to be on Bo's staff when he put it together and he stayed with Turner and then got fired. There's more to the story there but I don't think we'll see him. If he coaches at the D-I level again I'll be shocked.

The ideal set up was Beck and Warinner as Co-OC with either calling the plays but EW mostly the guy. EW helps coach the O-line, and Beck either is passing game or running game coordinator to his title. Frost as a RB coach.

Problem we've hit EW wants all OC title and Frost thinks he needs to be co-OC at the very least but would like to be full OC. Frost is very good but he's being a little presumptuous at this point.

I think if EW comes. .then we likely see Frost not come, unless he feels like we can give him a water title and be ok with it. I think his feelings are hurt a little bit. At this point in our program we are much better off with EW than Frost if we have to choose between the two. We can always grab frost in 2-3 years as he wants to work his way to head coach some day.

I personally could see TO calling him and telling him to come here and be patient and work up and if Bo leaves in 5-7 years as I think he will, then it would be Frost's job to lose depending on the AD (who unless we are stupid will be Paul Meyers). Despite what most people think Turner Gill will never coach at NU again.

• Fire 1

The thing that is shocking about Oregon's facilities isn't how nice they are, it's how fast they've caught up to everyone else. That, plus the reason that it's almost entirely funded by one guy, Phil Knight, is the only reason anybody talks about their facilities compared to places like Nebraska, Alabama, Florida, etc.

The arms race with facilities will continue, but there are really a finite number of things you can do that have any real impact on recruiting or on conditioning.

Yep.... Phil Knight is the only reason Oregon is where its at. I just read an article from 2004 about they took recruits out for steak dinner and shrimp, drove them around in a limo the whole weekend. They had jerseys and lockers with their names on them already. Basically waited on them like they were all little princes and just feed those kids already big egos. Which is why Oregon is the perfect fit for them.

Each signed recruit cost the school about 15K of a 600K recruiting budget.

If true, the bolded part is a recruiting violation.

If the true were in 2010 then yes it would be a recruiting violation, but in 2004 it wasnt. I believe Nebraska was doing some like that in Callahans first couple of years, the jersey and huskervision things.

The thing that is shocking about Oregon's facilities isn't how nice they are, it's how fast they've caught up to everyone else. That, plus the reason that it's almost entirely funded by one guy, Phil Knight, is the only reason anybody talks about their facilities compared to places like Nebraska, Alabama, Florida, etc.

The arms race with facilities will continue, but there are really a finite number of things you can do that have any real impact on recruiting or on conditioning.

Yep.... Phil Knight is the only reason Oregon is where its at. I just read an article from 2004 about they took recruits out for steak dinner and shrimp, drove them around in a limo the whole weekend. They had jerseys and lockers with their names on them already. Basically waited on them like they were all little princes and just feed those kids already big egos. Which is why Oregon is the perfect fit for them.

If the true were in 2010 then yes it would be a recruiting violation, but in 2004 it wasnt. I believe Nebraska was doing some like that in Callahans first couple of years, the jersey and huskervision things.

It looks like Arkansas maybe in some hot water about this same thing......Here is the official rule in regards to jerseys and the rest of the hoopla that colleges cannot do when potential recruits visit

"Personalized recruiting aids include any decorative items and special additions to any location the prospective student-athlete will visit (e.g. hotel room, locker room, coach's office, conference room, arena) regardless of whether the items include the prospective student-athlete's name or picture."

It looks like Arkansas maybe in some hot water about this same thing......Here is the official rule in regards to jerseys and the rest of the hoopla that colleges cannot do when potential recruits visit

"Personalized recruiting aids include any decorative items and special additions to any location the prospective student-athlete will visit (e.g. hotel room, locker room, coach's office, conference room, arena) regardless of whether the items include the prospective student-athlete's name or picture."

Throw the book at 'em!

Throw the book at 'em!

Maybe thats how they got Tevin Mitchell. Wait..... no they gave his mom a job.