Official Sanders gone

So the official statement says Bo is going to be looking for a replacement.... I thought we already had one in Corey Raymond???

He's got to clear the background check and drug test just like everyone else at UNL. You make an offer pending the outcome of those things and after you're cleared then you are officially offered the job. Until then you're not hired.

It seems more and more like Kevin Wilson was being a bit of a little girl.

If that's the case, that announcement he made was a little...premature. So maybe I should say 'little boy.'

And Bo looks less bad for it. Although if it's payback for Ekeler, I guess I understand. I don't remember too much how Ekeler's situation was handled though.

Not sure "what is allowed", but I have read all of the posts and have a pretty good idea on what I can and can't post. Those who follow the board will know that I rarely, if ever, claim to be "in the know".... but a few times, I do have a few former players as connections (and NO, I will not use names)....

People can read between the lines on this one. I absolutely love Marvin Sanders. Besides Brown, he is my favorite coach, and was when he was here the first time.

Told today (by former player- who yes - remains close to university) the reason behind Coach Sanders resignation. Right now, he has more important family issues to worry about.

Let's just say that the other posts referring to Solich and Carl P. aren't far off, but aren't the same circumstances either. I am guessing that people understand why the board has to monitor such info...

If you read between the lines, you might be able to figure it out...

Not saying that I know this for sure, but the guy is pretty reliable, and we have rumored for awhile about trouble brewing.

didn't read through the thread so SIAP. supposedly he was sexing up UNL students.

If that is true, would that alone be reason for dismissal? Is it against the verbiage in his contract, because consentual relations between 2 consenting adults should be no one elses business, no matter how unsavory the situation.

i'll bet we never hear the real story on this one.....let your imagination run wild now...... :corndance

Glenn, Castille, now Sanders. The list just goes on.

Do you think we should be told? I mean, I really want to know but I have to think the hush hush has to do with protecting people and legal issues. If I were a player or a coach and I messed up and had to be let go I would want the university to handle it the way they have handled these situations.

I suppose this is where the argument would come in that if you are embarrassed of your behavior then why did you do it in the first place?

I don't totally disagree but remember there are other people involved as well, other parties, victims (in some situations- I don't know about this one), wives, kids, families, etc. A little discretion doesn't help our need to know but it might be the right thing to do.

didn't read through the thread so SIAP. supposedly he was sexing up UNL students.

If that is true, would that alone be reason for dismissal? Is it against the verbiage in his contract, because consentual relations between 2 consenting adults should be no one elses business, no matter how unsavory the situation.

Consenting adults whether married or not? Yes if other adult is not a student of UNL. I would think there is a clause in every employee of UNL that they cannot engage in relations with any student at the university. This is why I think the supposed indescretion Carl had wouldn't be the same. The supposed other was not a student. Was it right if actually true? No, not morally but it wasn't the first time and wont be the last it happens to a school employee or coach. But it had nothing to do with a student which would be pretty much unforgiveable as an employee.

This is just what i'm reading between the lines.

Consenting adults whether married or not? Yes if other adult is not a student of UNL. I would think there is a clause in every employee of UNL that they cannot engage in relations with any student at the university. This is why I think the supposed indescretion Carl had wouldn't be the same. The supposed other was not a student. Was it right if actually true? No, not morally but it wasn't the first time and wont be the last it happens to a school employee or coach. But it had nothing to do with a student which would be pretty much unforgiveable as an employee.

This is just what i'm reading between the lines.

It's normal at universities that employees (e.g., professors) CAN have sexual relations with students, so long as they're not supervising them. I know this because I am a professor at a state university, and I can assure you that this is the norm for the majority of schools. (I know of several marriages that have come about this way!) Now, there are exceptions for certain high profile positions, which do have different standards and conduct clauses.