Strong Evidence that Watson is gone

Why would the university ever need to post a job listing like this for a staff opening?

Are they obligated to and we've just never noticed? You'd think they would just make the calls themselves and select the pool of candidates on their own, rather than solicit help from the internet.

I don't think the press conference will be until next week. There will have to be some things sorted out internally with contract signing and a team meeting to introduce coaches to players I suspect. Atleast one position remains unfilled. Gonna be a long weekend.

Yeah. . but I bet its filled by tomorrow night or Sunday morning. Remember these coaches don't need a week or two to think about things. They know with in 30 minutes of the offer if they're going to come 99% of the time unless they know there is a counter offer and its toss up. I think pretty much all the guys he's talking with should have had their minds made up before he officially got to speak with them about schematics. Sure a few things have changed because of circumstances and requests but I don't think any thing other than ego would change the job they were being asked to do from the beginning of the contact.

FWIW, that posting isn't for the OC "per sey," it is eerily similar to the one for the defensive position, and I don't think that Carl is going anywhere.

But, do either of the 2 of you have any idea what is actually going to shake down, ie, who's gone, who's coming in?

http://employment.unl.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=61165

Posted today

Responsible for offensive game preparation, on-field strategies and game tactics. Conduct student-athlete recruiting, monitor academic progress of current student athletes and provide instruction to team in the execution of offensive schemes and techniques.

Is this vague enough to just be an assistant? (Just wondering legal-beagles out there...)

Why would the university ever need to post a job listing like this for a staff opening?

Are they obligated to and we've just never noticed? You'd think they would just make the calls themselves and select the pool of candidates on their own, rather than solicit help from the internet.

I think it's university policy. I've worked at universities that have had the policy that every job opening must be posted publicly for a certain number of days - even positions that a current university employee is already going to take (i.e. promotion). I believe NU did this for the head coaching position during their last coach search. Does anyone else remember this?

Is this vague enough to just be an assistant? (Just wondering legal-beagles out there...)

I suspect that they just post relatively generic openings for assistant coaches, without specifically tying them to a position. If that's the case, this one posting could represent 1 or 5 open positions.