Why Frost?

Hercules

I could see why he'd want to stay at Oregon for now, anyway. Although if he were OC there, he'd be a 'by name' OC when it's really Chip Kelly's show on offense.

Then again, you could say the same thing here with Bo Pelini.

Assuming you're not talking about Bo with reference to the defense. If so, I think it's become increasingly clear that Bo felt he had to be involved in the offense because he couldn't trust it to the offensive coordinator. But I do think Bo is tired of having to mind both fronts and would prefer to be able to let the machine run the O while he gets back to the D.

I think a great example of this is that first drive in the third quarter of the Holiday Bowl, where UW sliced through our D like a hot knife through butter. Bo has stated publicly that that drive was his fault because he didn't make the right calls. You think he wasn't distracted by our lack of O at halftime?

Oregon may have unlimited funds with the CEO of Nike bring right there, but Nebraska has more unlimited funds with the richest man in the world bring a huge Nebraska football fan and living one hour away... Mr. Warren Buffet. Not saying that the man would do it, but all he has to do is write an anonymous check to Nebraska athletics and done. We get who we want and what we want with funds. It is my speculation that one of the reasons Nebraska is able to make so many athletic facility improvements (basketball practice, basketball arena, indoor hitting, remodel of devaney, stadium expansion including MRI machines on campus, etc.) all at the same time is partially due to some anonymous love from Mr. Warren. I say partially because I am aware of the 10mil that came in from a family for the practice facility and the bonds and athletic reserves going into the arena and stadium expansion.... Still, I think Warren's been slapping down some anonymous millions and if he wanted to, could easily make T.Boone Pickens hundreds of millions look like pennies.

I could see why he'd want to stay at Oregon for now, anyway. Although if he were OC there, he'd be a 'by name' OC when it's really Chip Kelly's show on offense.

Then again, you could say the same thing here with Bo Pelini.

Assuming you're not talking about Bo with reference to the defense. If so, I think it's become increasingly clear that Bo felt he had to be involved in the offense because he couldn't trust it to the offensive coordinator. But I do think Bo is tired of having to mind both fronts and would prefer to be able to let the machine run the O while he gets back to the D.

I think a great example of this is that first drive in the third quarter of the Holiday Bowl, where UW sliced through our D like a hot knife through butter. Bo has stated publicly that that drive was his fault because he didn't make the right calls. You think he wasn't distracted by our lack of O at halftime?

It was a bit of a joke at Bo's expense :)

But on this topic. I don't think Bo's involvement with the offense is that distracting or more than what a head coach should do. If anything, it is the specific attention he has to devote to linebackers and the defense that you might say is distracting. A HC ought to be in tune with the offense, which I think describes what Bo is doing. On the other hand, not all HCs make all the defensive playcalls, which is also what Bo is doing. If Bo's attention is being divided, it's completely because he is trying to be a Head Coach and a Defensive Coordinator all at the same time. We need him to be I think, but if he has to choose one, it's got to be HC.

My understanding of the situation is not by any means complete or necessarily accurate. But I'd say that Bo's involvement with the offense is laying down a direction, dictating what scheme we're going to run, and who plays at QB. Things I can't see him letting go of.

I also think on the $$$ front, the schol just needs to open its pocketbook. If Frost stays at UO because of money, I'm thinking it's more because UO offered something in the same neighborhood as we did, and it would have taken an absurd and unreasonable price to get him here.

1- I hope no one broke their arm off patting themselves in the first part of the thread. This board has an active base but its not usually the one that's breaking any type of information. But it does get it faster than say Husker Max. There are a couple of private boards out there that are usually 2-3 days ahead on say coaching stuff and like 6 months ahead on university stuff in the program. I've been fortunate enough to be allowed to be a part of them in the past but most of whats said there stays there. You guys will never see it.

2- everyone talks about Frost and receivers. He was basically offered Becks spot to start with the RBs. Talks evolved from there. I don't know where they are now. Things were pretty close last night.

1- I hope no one broke their arm off patting themselves in the first part of the thread. This board has an active base but its not usually the one that's breaking any type of information. But it does get it faster than say Husker Max. There are a couple of private boards out there that are usually 2-3 days ahead on say coaching stuff and like 6 months ahead on university stuff in the program. I've been fortunate enough to be allowed to be a part of them in the past but most of whats said there stays there. You guys will never see it.

2- everyone talks about Frost and receivers. He was basically offered Becks spot to start with the RBs. Talks evolved from there. I don't know where they are now. Things were pretty close last night.

Interseting on the RB coach part. I would think if Frost were offered the job it would be Co-Oc and WRs coach. His work with receivers at Oregon cant be questioned. He has pulled in some huge talent at WRs.... which is one of several areas we need some help in.

Oregon may have unlimited funds with the CEO of Nike bring right there, but Nebraska has more unlimited funds with the richest man in the world bring a huge Nebraska football fan and living one hour away... Mr. Warren Buffet. Not saying that the man would do it, but all he has to do is write an anonymous check to Nebraska athletics and done. We get who we want and what we want with funds. It is my speculation that one of the reasons Nebraska is able to make so many athletic facility improvements (basketball practice, basketball arena, indoor hitting, remodel of devaney, stadium expansion including MRI machines on campus, etc.) all at the same time is partially due to some anonymous love from Mr. Warren. I say partially because I am aware of the 10mil that came in from a family for the practice facility and the bonds and athletic reserves going into the arena and stadium expansion.... Still, I think Warren's been slapping down some anonymous millions and if he wanted to, could easily make T.Boone Pickens hundreds of millions look like pennies.

Yea Warren could make every other donor in America look like a bum, but no he hasn't coughed up. I will further say that Ted Gilmore has a better chance as of this moment to get his job back, then Warren throwing any coin at the Athletic Department. I believe he has already set very strict guidelines as to what and where the dough would go if he kicks it.

Why on Earth would Nebraska give the OC position to Scott Frost. I mean I like the guy. Seems like he has some good things going for him but I just dont get it.

WR Coach at Oregon gets OC Job at Nebraska. I dont think so. Would he be a nice addtion to the Staff in some capacity I M sure he would be to give him the OC position. I dont see that happening. I guess we shall see.