Bo Pelini

EZ-E

I got to thinking this afternoon at work when I was getting nothing accomplished because it is Friday about the vision we as Husker fans have for our head coach. I came to the conclusion, as many of you would that we have used Osborne as the model and example for our head coach. This is not without merit as he was "excellent in every area" and he is exactly the man that many of us here in our early 20s would aspire to be: Always do your job with passion, never tell a lie, treat others the way you want to be treated, etc.

I then got to thinking about Bo Pelini. I began to realize that it isn't that Bo's way of conducting business is wrong, it is just very different than what Husker fans have grown accustomed to for years and years. Osborne was very upfront about everything and very transparent. Bo chooses not to be. I have absolutely no problem with that. So what that he does not think we need to know every little thing about our football program? There was a man named Woody Hayes who dealt with the press the exact same way. Would we be so angry about this had we won 12 games this year?

If I could give Bo one piece of genuine advise that he would promise to take, I would tell him in the most respectful way to "Stop worrying about the 5% of fans that don't like you and worry about the 95% that do."

• Fire 1

I got to thinking this afternoon at work when I was getting nothing accomplished because it is Friday about the vision we as Husker fans have for our head coach. I came to the conclusion, as many of you would that we have used Osborne as the model and example for our head coach. This is not without merit as he was "excellent in every area" and he is exactly the man that many of us here in our early 20s would aspire to be: Always do your job with passion, never tell a lie, treat others the way you want to be treated, etc.

I then got to thinking about Bo Pelini. I began to realize that it isn't that Bo's way of conducting business is wrong, it is just very different than what Husker fans have grown accustomed to for years and years. Osborne was very upfront about everything and very transparent. Bo chooses not to be. I have absolutely no problem with that. So what that he does not think we need to know every little thing about our football program? There was a man named Woody Hayes who dealt with the press the exact same way. Would we be so angry about this had we won 12 games this year?

If I could give Bo one piece of genuine advise that he would promise to take, I would tell him in the most respectful way to "Stop worrying about the 5% of fans that don't like you and worry about the 95% that do."

Well said sir!

Yes it is wrong. Firing a person is an extremely difficult process, but if your gonna do it, then do it. Honestly at this point it really isn't fair to Watson to keep him from moving on. Pelini's seat is getting warmer the worse the publicity gets.

Yes it is wrong. Firing a person is an extremely difficult process, but if your gonna do it, then do it. Honestly at this point it really isn't fair to Watson to keep him from moving on. Pelini's seat is getting warmer the worse the publicity gets.

He's been given every opportunity to find a new job-and he knew that. Now he's going to get shoved out the door the he couldn't walk out himself.

"Stop worrying about the 5% of fans that don't like you and worry about the 95% that do."

You might be a little high with your percentages, especially after the last 3 months or so. Add in college football fans in general and you're waaaaaay off.

Who cares what they think of our program. They still talk about all our criminals in the 90's. Just go read a college football article on yahoo and you will see what the "average" college football fan thinks about any team other than the team they follow.

"Stop worrying about the 5% of fans that don't like you and worry about the 95% that do."

You might be a little high with your percentages, especially after the last 3 months or so. Add in college football fans in general and you're waaaaaay off.

Who cares what they think of our program. They still talk about all our criminals in the 90's. Just go read a college football article on yahoo and you will see what the "average" college football fan thinks about any team other than the team they follow.

I was just stating that college football fans in general, who as a whole have no reason to dislike Nebraska, think very unfavorably about Bo Pelini. Granted our rivals don't like us or Bo but when a rather large population doesn't like you because of one person then you probably have a problem. That person probably isn't representing your program in the best ways possible. Even though some people on here with their Red colored glasses don't want to admit.

Im not sure where you live, but if you lived outside the state of Nebraska you would understand. It gets old telling people you're a fan of Nebraska and then have to listen to them tell you how much of a joke our head coach is.

Well when you preach these principles of honesty, loyality, and integrity which he may practice (i dont know the man at all)

But the way he is percieved and the way he acts in front of the camera paints a different light. I'm pro Bo, but not sure why he brings all this on himself when a simple "no comment" would go a long ways of improving the perception of him.

If he has any hopes or dreams of moving on lets say to OSU or anywhere it wont be just his win/loss record that is scrutinized.

I was just stating that college football fans in general, who as a whole have no reason to dislike Nebraska, think very unfavorably about Bo Pelini. Granted our rivals don't like us or Bo but when a rather large population doesn't like you because of one person then you probably have a problem. That person probably isn't representing your program in the best ways possible. Even though some people on here with their Red colored glasses don't want to admit.

Im not sure where you live, but if you lived outside the state of Nebraska you would understand. It gets old telling people you're a fan of Nebraska and then have to listen to them tell you how much of a joke our head coach is.

Many people hated Nebraska way before Pelini got here just because we were so good for so long. It was jealousy. And these are fans not just from the Big 12. SEC fans, Pac 10 fans, ACC fans, etc. Their argument was always the same, how we had to use partial qualifiers to win and LP this and TC that. The hatred for Nebraska has been there since the 90's. Pelini adds more fuel to the fire for the haters, I'm not saying he doesn't. Its not just Pelini either, the majority of college football fans from other conferences look at Nebraska as cowards. Running off to the Big 10 bc we can't beat Texas. So it stems way beyond how Pelini acts and what other fans say about our program.

Now with that said, we are not the only program who has a fiery head coach whom others view as a jerk. Saban is viewed as a jerk. Especially in LSU. Actually, he is viewed as a traitor. Other fans will always give you grief for the team you follow, no matter what it is. I don't really care what other fans think about our coach or our program in general.

Lol Zoogies

Edited by Po Belini

Many people hated Nebraska way before Pelini got here just because we were so good for so long. It was jealousy. And these are fans not just from the Big 12. SEC fans, Pac 10 fans, ACC fans, etc. Their argument was always the same, how we had to use partial qualifiers to win and LP this and TC that. The hatred for Nebraska has been there since the 90's. Pelini adds more fuel to the fire for the haters, I'm not saying he doesn't. Its not just Pelini either, the majority of college football fans from other conferences look at Nebraska as cowards. Running off to the Big 10 bc we can't beat Texas. So it stems way beyond how Pelini acts and what other fans say about our program.

Now with that said, we are not the only program who has a fiery head coach whom others view as a jerk. Saban is viewed as a jerk. Especially in LSU. Actually, he is viewed as a traitor. Other fans will always give you grief for the team you follow, no matter what it is. I don't really care what other fans think about our coach or our program in general.

Lol Zoogies

ditto. I travel fequently on business and get some grief for my Husker gear, but there are more people that comment positively than negatively. The majority of college football fans love their team no matter what, despise a few, and are pretty much numb on the rest.

I live in the heart of Sooner country and I don't hear anything about it. Bo has his style and I am good with it. As long as he isn't going magino or Leach on the kids and we are having a winning season, I could careless. I don't have a self-esteem issue and other fans can stick it with their opinions.

I live in Colorado and I can tell you the respect for Pelini and his defense among my Buff friends is high. They may think he is an overly eccentric hot head of a coach but they all admit he can bring it. Nebraska has always been known for its fierce hard hitting style of football. Pelini brought that style back...like it or not, I love it! He is an old fashion Bear Bryant style coach that uses tough love to get the job done. Hated by some, loved by most but a respected defensive mind by all. Until I hear an actually football player step forward and say something bad about him I think we found what we were all looking for....our respect back. :throwdabones1: Because we lost it there for awhile.