Frost/Warinner

Thats fine you know people that are donors and what not. Ive just stated that Im not believing what is posted on here until hits the some reliable sources. On tuesday I didnt believe a thing about Watson, Gilmore, and Sanders, but by Wednesday night I was proved pretty much wrong, which doesnt bother me.

By way everything you posted about the reasons Grobe wasnt hired is pretty much common knowledge. Now about Bo having an agreement that he was gonna be the head coach after Okie Lite cant be true. Didnt T.O. just takeover the AD position about that time. Based on your theory/timetable TO wouldve had to get permission from Wake Forest and LSU before he agreed to become AD. Then go to atlanta and interview Grobe, tell him he had to hire Frankies guys. Which some were still employed by the other universities. Then do the samething with Bo, this process had start in September. Even if Tom did hire Bo after the OSU game then he would had to get permission from LSU which was in the middle of NC run, so I dont think that would have happened.

Plus, Tom wouldnt waste the schools and donors money(which is people you know apparently) flying around to do "mock" interviews. Grobe, Gill, Bo were the only 3 candidates with Grobe and Bo being the only serious 2 but all 3 interviewed. The reason Bo was hired was because help needed in the defensive department and that is the reason Watson and Gilmore were still here.

He was hired three days after the loss and had "unofficial" contact with him, kind of like Bo had with Miami this year in his first week here, TO knew who the fan base wanted and he also knew that Bo would hire his guys back, so it was a win-win for TO. He talked to Grobe after the season a few days after talking to Bo in BR. As for Frank's assistants, Most of them were not working and the others who were employed would come back, there was no need to officially talk to them about any job.

The last paragraph you are just being naive. TO is huge on perception and would do anything to stay in the good graces of NU and it's fans. For the school 75K isn't that much money, but it was all a show to give the perception that there was a legit coaching search when there wasn't. Grobe was the equivalent to any token black coach that gets interviewed in the NFL under the Rooney rule. You are right about Watson and Gilmore and it worked for the first year, but then we ran out of good QB's and Bo started to micromanage the offense and now our offense is the equivalent to that 2007 defense.

After Sanders and (hopefully) Cotton are gone, how many of Franks guys are left from that 2003 staff not counting the Pelini's? Is there anybody left? I think the only one that moved on to become successful was Turner.

grobe06cropped.jpg

Grobe doesn't look black to me.

Reading Comprehension isn't very good around here is it?

doublefacepalm1.jpg

That's what happens when you're too lazy to read the whole thing and just skim over it. Now that I actually read it closely, I see it. My bad. Here I'll give myself a facepalm. :facepalm:

This Pelini hiring debate is off topic. AFhusker heard something about the Pelini hire, other people heard other things. No way to prove who's right.

AFhusker now says some things about the current coaching search, other people have heard other things. No way to know who's right. Believe him if you want.

Thats fine you know people that are donors and what not. Ive just stated that Im not believing what is posted on here until hits the some reliable sources. On tuesday I didnt believe a thing about Watson, Gilmore, and Sanders, but by Wednesday night I was proved pretty much wrong, which doesnt bother me.

By way everything you posted about the reasons Grobe wasnt hired is pretty much common knowledge. Now about Bo having an agreement that he was gonna be the head coach after Okie Lite cant be true. Didnt T.O. just takeover the AD position about that time. Based on your theory/timetable TO wouldve had to get permission from Wake Forest and LSU before he agreed to become AD. Then go to atlanta and interview Grobe, tell him he had to hire Frankies guys. Which some were still employed by the other universities. Then do the samething with Bo, this process had start in September. Even if Tom did hire Bo after the OSU game then he would had to get permission from LSU which was in the middle of NC run, so I dont think that would have happened.

Plus, Tom wouldnt waste the schools and donors money(which is people you know apparently) flying around to do "mock" interviews. Grobe, Gill, Bo were the only 3 candidates with Grobe and Bo being the only serious 2 but all 3 interviewed. The reason Bo was hired was because help needed in the defensive department and that is the reason Watson and Gilmore were still here.

He was hired three days after the loss and had "unofficial" contact with him, kind of like Bo had with Miami this year in his first week here, TO knew who the fan base wanted and he also knew that Bo would hire his guys back, so it was a win-win for TO. He talked to Grobe after the season a few days after talking to Bo in BR. As for Frank's assistants, Most of them were not working and the others who were employed would come back, there was no need to officially talk to them about any job.

The last paragraph you are just being naive. TO is huge on perception and would do anything to stay in the good graces of NU and it's fans. For the school 75K isn't that much money, but it was all a show to give the perception that there was a legit coaching search when there wasn't. Grobe was the equivalent to any token black coach that gets interviewed in the NFL under the Rooney rule. You are right about Watson and Gilmore and it worked for the first year, but then we ran out of good QB's and Bo started to micromanage the offense and now our offense is the equivalent to that 2007 defense.

After Sanders and (hopefully) Cotton are gone, how many of Franks guys are left from that 2003 staff not counting the Pelini's? Is there anybody left? I think the only one that moved on to become successful was Turner.

grobe06cropped.jpg

Grobe doesn't look black to me.

Reading Comprehension isn't very good around here is it?

doublefacepalm1.jpg

That's what happens when you're too lazy to read the whole thing and just skim over it. Now that I actually read it closely, I see it. My bad. Here I'll give myself a facepalm. :facepalm:

I think that is the first tripple facepalm I have ever seen. :lol: It's fine, I was just messing with ya.

This Pelini hiring debate is off topic. AFhusker heard something about the Pelini hire, other people heard other things. No way to prove who's right.

AFhusker now says some things about the current coaching search, other people have heard other things. No way to know who's right. Believe him if you want.

We will find out in due time. :corndance:corndance

Yes we will. All I was really debating was the fact that its done deal on Warinner being hired.

I just got back and didn't see anything about this in my quick skim of this thread, so I'll go ahead and post it.

Sipple says the following in this recent article:

Pelini has had serious discussions with Oregon wide receivers coach Scott Frost and former Kansas offensive coordinator Ed Warinner, although I'm hearing Warinner may be fading from the radar.

I know this is similar to a Sipple tweet I posted earlier today, but it's about the only possible development we've seen today. Question is, does this mean things are going Frost's way? Or maybe Beck will get the full OC title?

Yes we will. All I was really debating was the fact that its done deal on Warinner being hired.

I would say that I'm 95% sure that he is by what I was told. He hasn't led me wrong in 10 years. But you are right, until the contract is signed, nothing is official. All I know for sure is that it's "Bo's guy" for OC and he's really happy about it from what I've been told. But as I said before, they are keeping it really close to the vest until the announcement.

I was guessing the Houston OC since it would be the oSu offense that kicked our defense's butt this year, but a Warinner/Beck would have ties to the successful KU years and they were pretty good, but as someone stated before, didn't play but one bowl team during the regular season, so how good were they really? Or would he go for the fat man himself in Mangino for OC?

Personally I really don't care, I just want a competent offense to go with Bo's defense so we can get back to kicking some serious ass and we don't have to worry about Bo failing here. We need him to be successful for the programs sake because we can't afford to start over again if the offense isn't fixed and things go downhill from here.

I would say that I'm 95% sure that he is by what I was told. He hasn't led me wrong in 10 years. But you are right, until the contract is signed, nothing is official. All I know for sure is that it's "Bo's guy" for OC and he's really happy about it from what I've been told. But as I said before, they are keeping it really close to the vest until the announcement.

I was guessing the Houston OC since it would be the oSu offense that kicked our defense's butt this year, but a Warinner/Beck would have ties to the successful KU years and they were pretty good, but as someone stated before, didn't play but one bowl team during the regular season, so how good were they really? Or would he go for the fat man himself in Mangino for OC?

Personally I really don't care, I just want a competent offense to go with Bo's defense so we can get back to kicking some serious ass and we don't have to worry about Bo failing here. We need him to be successful for the programs sake because we can't afford to start over again if the offense isn't fixed and things go downhill from here.

So how do you reconcile this 95% certainty with the Sipple quote I just posted in the previous post?

I just got back and didn't see anything about this in my quick skim of this thread, so I'll go ahead and post it.

Pelini has had serious discussions with Oregon wide receivers coach Scott Frost and former Kansas offensive coordinator Ed Warinner, although I'm hearing Warinner may be fading from the radar.

I know this is similar to a Sipple tweet I posted earlier today, but it's about the only possible development we've seen today. Question is, does this mean things are going Frost's way? Or maybe Beck will get the full OC title?

That article made me laugh. The material Sipple wrote is basically what people have been saying on here for the last few days. Saying Beck would be Co-Oc, ron Brown coaching WRs. Barney being a Co-Oline coach as possiblities.

Jeez Sip didnt have to reach to far for your research did ya. Who needs the LJS when you got huskerboard.

That article made me laugh. The material Sipple wrote is basically what people have been saying on here for the last few days. Saying Beck would be Co-Oc, ron Brown coaching WRs. Barney being a Co-Oline coach as possiblities.

Jeez Sip didnt have to reach to far for your research did ya. Who needs the LJS when you got huskerboard.

Thing is he's saying the opposite of AFhusker, that Warinner is second fiddle and someone else (probably Frost) is top pick. Gunna be a fun week.

Well, to be fair, just about every possibility short of TO being the next OC has been suggested on here recently. And Sipple's claims hold more weight since we know there are real sources close to the situation behind them, not just some guy that got an email from a friend. So if Sipple says he's hearing that Warinner may be fading from contention for the position, that means something to me.

But I know there are more than a few Sipple haters on here that will blast me for defending him. So have at it, boys!

Thing is he's saying the opposite of AFhusker, that Warinner is second fiddle and someone else (probably Frost) is top pick. Gunna be a fun week.

Yes that is true also. their been millions of possiblities posted on here so you would think something would stick. I just found it funny reading that article and then comparing whats been said on the board. Most of it is pretty similar.

Didnt know Jon Garrison was an coaching intern, good for him.

So how do you reconcile this 95% certainty with the Sipple quote I just posted in the previous post?

I still believe my friend over Sipple. Sipple is only going to hear what Bo wants him to hear. And even if Sipple knows more than anyone else, he has to weigh the fact that he can't go and publicy say anything that Bo doesn't want him to say and piss Bo off. He would get cut off and I don't think he want's that.

I still believe my friend over Sipple. Sipple is only going to hear what Bo wants him to hear. And even if Sipple knows more than anyone else, he has to weigh the fact that he can't go and publicy say anything that Bo doesn't want him to say and piss Bo off. He would get cut off and I don't think he want's that.

I don't think it's so much that Sipple doesn't want to piss Bo off, and more the fact that any sources he has are probably off the record (meaning he can't print), or only as strong as the rumors you see on here (meaning he can't print). I think anything those guys have that is strong enough to put in print, they do. If Sipple was simply too afraid of Bo to write anything, you wouldn't have seen an article where they cited anonymous sources concerning contact with both Frost and Warriner.

• Fire 1

I don't think it's so much that Sipple doesn't want to piss Bo off, and more the fact that any sources he has are probably off the record (meaning he can't print), or only as strong as the rumors you see on here (meaning he can't print). I think anything those guys have that is strong enough to put in print, they do. If Sipple was simply too afraid of Bo to write anything, you wouldn't have seen an article where they cited anonymous sources concerning contact with both Frost and Warriner.

Right. As Kevin Kugler has frequently said, Sipple doesn't say something unless he has it on very good authority. I don't always agree with Sip's opinions - especially on Wats - but I really respect how careful he is about what he reports. So when Sip says that he's hearing that Warinner is falling off the radar, I take that seriously.

Wait, are we seriously debating whether we should believe a message board poster's friend or a long-time sports journalist? Bo really needs to make some hires soon!

• Fire 1