Frost/Warinner

This Pelini hiring debate is off topic. AFhusker heard something about the Pelini hire, other people heard other things. No way to prove who's right.

AFhusker now says some things about the current coaching search, other people have heard other things. No way to know who's right. Believe him if you want.

We will find out in due time. :corndance:corndance

Yes we will. All I was really debating was the fact that its done deal on Warinner being hired.

I would say that I'm 95% sure that he is by what I was told. He hasn't led me wrong in 10 years. But you are right, until the contract is signed, nothing is official. All I know for sure is that it's "Bo's guy" for OC and he's really happy about it from what I've been told. But as I said before, they are keeping it really close to the vest until the announcement.

I was guessing the Houston OC since it would be the oSu offense that kicked our defense's butt this year, but a Warinner/Beck would have ties to the successful KU years and they were pretty good, but as someone stated before, didn't play but one bowl team during the regular season, so how good were they really? Or would he go for the fat man himself in Mangino for OC?

Personally I really don't care, I just want a competent offense to go with Bo's defense so we can get back to kicking some serious ass and we don't have to worry about Bo failing here. We need him to be successful for the programs sake because we can't afford to start over again if the offense isn't fixed and things go downhill from here.

So how do you reconcile this 95% certainty with the Sipple quote I just posted in the previous post?

I still believe my friend over Sipple. Sipple is only going to hear what Bo wants him to hear. And even if Sipple knows more than anyone else, he has to weigh the fact that he can't go and publicy say anything that Bo doesn't want him to say and piss Bo off. He would get cut off and I don't think he want's that.

I don't think it's so much that Sipple doesn't want to piss Bo off, and more the fact that any sources he has are probably off the record (meaning he can't print), or only as strong as the rumors you see on here (meaning he can't print). I think anything those guys have that is strong enough to put in print, they do. If Sipple was simply too afraid of Bo to write anything, you wouldn't have seen an article where they cited anonymous sources concerning contact with both Frost and Warriner.

Right. As Kevin Kugler has frequently said, Sipple doesn't say something unless he has it on very good authority. I don't always agree with Sip's opinions - especially on Wats - but I really respect how careful he is about what he reports. So when Sip says that he's hearing that Warinner is falling off the radar, I take that seriously.

Wait, are we seriously debating whether we should believe a message board poster's friend or a long-time sports journalist? Bo really needs to make some hires soon!

Like I said before. I dont believe Warinner is our guy, until the media picks up on it. Based on Sipple article it seems the ball is in Frosts court. Warinner maybe the 2nd choice. Who knows maybe both are coming here, we do have 2 positions to fill.

I've been hearing Shane Montgomery's name pop up, Thoughts?

Whos that?

I believe he was an assistant coach at Miami OH when Hoeppner was their. Then when Hoeppner left for Indiana, he got promoted to head coach. Then they proceeded to suck after that. I thought he was out of coaching, Miami OH thought he was the real deal... the probably are still paying him too. chuckleshuffle

Other than that dont know/remember much about him.

added linkwikipedia

I see that he is the OC at Youngstown State and also the QB coach.

Edited by huskerscott

according to the OWH blog, Frost wanted to coordinate the offense, Bo, wanted Beck. Granted, this was at 1:35pm, i havent seen this posted yet. more: http://www.omaha.com...iting-continues

Edit: there was no quotes by Bo, or anyone with the University, so I guess it's just Mitch Sherman's own opinion.

I don't think it's Sherman's opinion. I think he probably has sources to put that in print.

according to the OWH blog, Frost wanted to coordinate the offense, Bo, wanted Beck. Granted, this was at 1:35pm, i havent seen this posted yet. more: http://www.omaha.com...iting-continues

Edit: there was no quotes by Bo, or anyone with the University, so I guess it's just Mitch Sherman's own opinion.

I don't think it's Sherman's opinion. I think he probably has sources to put that in print.

Yea thats what I gather from it too. Jeez maybe Shane Montgomery is our 3rd choice. Im starting to get a case of heartburn.

Yea thats what I gather from it too. Jeez maybe Shane Montgomery is our 3rd choice. Im starting to get a case of heartburn.

That makes sense. I am wondering as well, who else is on our radar and for what positions?

He was offensive coordinator for Army for two years in 1998-1999, and offensive coordinator at Kansas from 2007-2009. Granted - that is the kind of situation where you'd say "It's Mangino's offense, who are we kidding here." He left because Mangino was fired and they cleaned house.

Not the sexiest pick but we are talking about OC after all. If someone's going to call the plays, better Warinner than Frost.

A lot of the sexier picks that were names thrown around don't appear to be options. I guess Phillips maybe, but I know nothing about him.

I'd take Warriner over Frost too. Frost has experience in the kind of scheme we want to run and is a good recruiter but he hasn't even had significant impact on an offensive scheme and gameplan let-alone called plays. Maybe he's the man, but it is a risk. No Warriner isn't a sexy/exciting pick but he has run a productive, balanced spread-offense.

I have seen some indications on other boards that the staff is done and they seem pretty happy about it. I saw pictures of Phillips, Frost, Warriner, Els, Raymond, and someone else on a post in an unrelated thread. Anyone care to share the latest? If that were true, I would consider that a homerun. I just find it improbable.