Frost/Warinner

Kansas 2007 record against bowl eligible teams: 5-1 only loss to mizzou which was one of Mizzou's best teams in decades.

Nebraska 2010 record against bowl eligible teams:4-3 In the 3 losses the huskers scored an average of 11 points. that doesnt get it done.

Nebraska 2010 and KU 2007 had pretty easy schedules. KU played one less game cause they didnt win the division.

Nebraska's 2010 SOS ended up being 39th - FAR higher than I thought it would be when the season started.

KU's 2007 SOS ended up 74th.

So there's some wiggle room there.

Kansas 2007 record against bowl eligible teams: 5-1 only loss to mizzou which was one of Mizzou's best teams in decades.

Nebraska 2010 record against bowl eligible teams:4-3 In the 3 losses the huskers scored an average of 11 points. that doesnt get it done.

Nebraska 2010 and KU 2007 had pretty easy schedules. KU played one less game cause they didnt win the division.

Nebraska's 2010 SOS ended up being 39th - FAR higher than I thought it would be when the season started.

KU's 2007 SOS ended up 74th.

So there's some wiggle room there.

I was just kinda eye balling looking at the two schedules. Neither played an OOC opponent ranked, but KU played didnt play in the CCG which probably hurt their SOS in the end. Nebraska having Okie State and Mizzou get to 10 wins really helped along with playing Ou in CCG.

Not to throw more rumor fodder out there, but I'm hearing rumblings that Brown's office has been cleared out. Has anyone heard anything like this from someone around the AD?

I know there has been mentions on here about Brown retiring, though that thread quickly devolved into an immature argument about religion. Not looking for that to be revived here.

Not to throw more rumor fodder out there, but I'm hearing rumblings that Brown's office has been cleared out. Has anyone heard anything like this from someone around the AD?

I know there has been mentions on here about Brown retiring, though that thread quickly devolved into an immature argument about religion. Not looking for that to be revived here.

No clue, but the timing would be strange if true considering Brown is the Special Guest at a Nebraska Alumni event in March.

Northeast Kansans 4 Nebraska

No clue, but the timing would be strange if true considering Brown is the Special Guest at a Nebraska Alumni event in March.

I saw that and had the same thought initially, though I imagine he would still be a guest speaker draw throughout the state for the rest of his life - both because of his strong history with the program and his ability to captivate and motive a crowd with his talks. Dude makes me want to go tackle somebody whenever I hear him speak. So I don't think that scheduled event necessarily means he's staying on staff, though I hope it does.

Lets look at those team they played in 2007

Central Michigan 52 - 7

SE Lousiana 62 - 0

Toledo 45 - 13

Florida Int'l 55 - 3

Kansas State 30 - 24 a bad k state team that lost to Nebraska

Baylor 58 -10

Colorado 19 - 14

Texas A&M 19 - 11

Nebraska 76 - 34

OK State 43 - 28

Iowa State 45 - 7

Missouri 28 - 36 loss only team they played with a winning record.

Perhaps you forgot that Central Michigan,Colorado, TexasA&M, Okie State all went to bowls that year. Also you forgot that they beat VTech in the Orange Bowl.

CU, aTm and OSU all finished 6-6, technically not a winning record. CMU was 8-5.

I saw that and had the same thought initially, though I imagine he would still be a guest speaker draw throughout the state for the rest of his life - both because of his strong history with the program and his ability to captivate and motive a crowd with his talks. Dude makes me want to go tackle somebody whenever I hear him speak. So I don't think that scheduled event necessarily means he's staying on staff, though I hope it does.

I'm inclined to agree with bournehusker here. Perhaps due to the rumored re-shuffling of the staff, maybe he's moved into a new office? It wouldn't surprise me if Brown is taking over the Recruiting Coordinator duties, therefore moving into Gilmore's old office? :dunno

I have no clue on this but is Gilmore's office near the Compliance office? Pretty sure RC's have to keep in touch regularly with compliance staff, no?

The last time I saw brown he looked like he just got done doing a body building seminar and was ready to punch through a wall and start a "Jesus is lord!" Rally and then run a marathon all while blind folded. Didn't appear unhealthy at all. If he retires or resigns I'm more concerned than I initially was about state of offense and coaching chemistry.

• Fire 1

I'm inclined to agree with bournehusker here. Perhaps due to the rumored re-shuffling of the staff, maybe he's moved into a new office? It wouldn't surprise me if Brown is taking over the Recruiting Coordinator duties, therefore moving into Gilmore's old office? :dunno

I have no clue on this but is Gilmore's office near the Compliance office? Pretty sure RC's have to keep in touch regularly with compliance staff, no?

I hope you're right. Just throwing this out there, but would there be need to change offices if you are a recruiting coordinator? Maybe so, but I just can't think of why that added duty would necessitate a different office (assuming his office really is cleared out, which is just a rumor at this point). Anyhow, I hope he's still on the staff.

Lets look at those team they played in 2007

Central Michigan 52 - 7

SE Lousiana 62 - 0

Toledo 45 - 13

Florida Int'l 55 - 3

Kansas State 30 - 24 a bad k state team that lost to Nebraska

Baylor 58 -10

Colorado 19 - 14

Texas A&M 19 - 11

Nebraska 76 - 34

OK State 43 - 28

Iowa State 45 - 7

Missouri 28 - 36 loss only team they played with a winning record.

That's weird - they won all those games and didn't play in a bowl game?

earlier in the thread I stated regular season, so I guess I should have added it here. chuckleshuffle