this is pretty accurate

akita

Im not sure hes looking for an atta boy, hes just wondering why his threads are getting locked all the time? (i understand where your coming from on that particular thread) Idk know you from Adam but you can pm me your info and i'll listen, heck i'll listen to anyone until they are proven wrong more often then not, i guess im a sucker but i dont see why anyone would get on here and lie about info, no real reason too. And if someone does it for fun and they are way off base then you can tell right away and ignore it. JMO

Nobody thinks Akita is lying. It's the redundancy of the threads, pure and simple. If I really had it in for the guy, I would have locked THIS THREAD, too. Instead, I cleaned up the misspellings in the headline and some of the more egregious spelling errors in the text for him. Not exactly the kind of thing a jerky Mod would do, huh?

You big meanie! :lol:

I know, right? I'm so mean I even moved his thread out of the Shed so it would get some views over in the Lounge. I must have missed the "thanks, knapp" for doing that. Good thing I didn't miss catching flak for locking some threads, though.

Poor, poor me. :cry

Im not sure hes looking for an atta boy, hes just wondering why his threads are getting locked all the time? (i understand where your coming from on that particular thread) Idk know you from Adam but you can pm me your info and i'll listen, heck i'll listen to anyone until they are proven wrong more often then not, i guess im a sucker but i dont see why anyone would get on here and lie about info, no real reason too. And if someone does it for fun and they are way off base then you can tell right away and ignore it. JMO

Nobody thinks Akita is lying. It's the redundancy of the threads, pure and simple. If I really had it in for the guy, I would have locked THIS THREAD, too. Instead, I cleaned up the misspellings in the headline and some of the more egregious spelling errors in the text for him. Not exactly the kind of thing a jerky Mod would do, huh?

Ahhhhh you like him.

im just kidding.

not mad at you. here is your exact qoute. " You got slammed because you started a thread magino was in lincoln interviewing. When there was a thread already saying the same thing. nobody slammed you because you said watson was gone. everybody thought the ccg was the final nail in watsons coffin." Okay why did source in my 3rd or 4th sentence get slammed. And tell me in my thread where I said Magino was in lincoln interviewing??. Thats it not mad,just tell me where I said that and thats why I got slammed. I dont need a cookie or 15 minutes of fame.Trust me been there done that. Also sorry for my typing I barely graduated highschool and not trying to be a smart ass I really am not that educated.I just post for the Husker fans from what I hear, With strong connects. lets let it go

I beleive that he said dont be surprised if watson and gilmore were going to be gone and we would lose our bowl game. looks like your 3 for 3. Doesnt seem like he threw a bunch of chit and it stuck, he batted 1000. Looks like you had good sources.

Funny, looking back some saying that we would retain watson, or we wouldnt look for another OC until he was fired. Little did we know.

I think it was pretty evident after the CCG everybody wanted Watson and Gilmore gone. Watson interviewed for a couple jobs prob on the recommendation of Bo knowing he would take Gilmore with him. Now on losing the bowl game, that was just a shot in the dark and he wasnt the only saying we could lose our bowl game. He put both of those things together and made a thread out of it, big deal.

Everybody and their dog was talking about Wats and Gilmore being gone. The bowl performance did surprise me, we'd been money in Bo's previous bowls.

if topic redundancy is reason enough to impose censorship or locking threads, huskerboard is headed in the wrong direction. taking things personal is not reason enough to lock someone out....maybe in Egypt, but here? really?

I might be misunderstanding you, but if you have 5 different threads about Watson no longer being the O.C. you are probably not gonna create good discussion in 5 different threads. If we merge the threads together we now have one thread about Watson no longer being the O.C. that helps create good discussion..........hopefully. It's all about keeping the board nice and tidey so folks know which thread to get into so they get the information they want. That's all...........I can't think of any mod or admin that would lock a thread for taking things personally? Also, if we have a bunch of threads about the same topic it pushes other topics off of the main page that people may want to look at if they didn't see that thread originally. Just some food for thought......

This thread is slowly wasting my life away, Akita.

not mad at you. here is your exact qoute. " You got slammed because you started a thread magino was in lincoln interviewing. When there was a thread already saying the same thing. nobody slammed you because you said watson was gone. everybody thought the ccg was the final nail in watsons coffin." Okay why did source in my 3rd or 4th sentence get slammed. And tell me in my thread where I said Magino was in lincoln interviewing??. Thats it not mad,just tell me where I said that and thats why I got slammed. I dont need a cookie or 15 minutes of fame.Trust me been there done that. Also sorry for my typing I barely graduated highschool and not trying to be a smart ass I really am not that educated.I just post for the Husker fans from what I hear, With strong connects. lets let it go

if topic redundancy is reason enough to impose censorship or locking threads, huskerboard is headed in the wrong direction. taking things personal is not reason enough to lock someone out....maybe in Egypt, but here? really?

I might be misunderstanding you, but if you have 5 different threads about Watson no longer being the O.C. you are probably not gonna create good discussion in 5 different threads. If we merge the threads together we now have one thread about Watson no longer being the O.C. that helps create good discussion..........hopefully. It's all about keeping the board nice and tidy so folks know which thread to get into so they get the information they want. That's all...........I can't think of any mod or admin that would lock a thread for taking things personally? Also, if we have a bunch of threads about the same topic it pushes other topics off of the main page that people may want to look at if they didn't see that thread originally. Just some food for thought......

understand, but there are more than enough threads on here regarding Scott Frost and no one seems to mind?

a former thread can get quickly buried and be out of sight, causing someone to inadvertently post up a redundant topic, seems a little harsh or maybe over reactive to threaten a lock up, maybe the tone of the accusation is a little heated, i think a better explanation with a lighter touch may be in order here...seems at times to be highly confrontational...just sayin'...appearances can be misunderstood....it happens

You're right. I misspoke. So it wasn't the redundancy of the "Mangino is in Lincoln interviewing." It was the redundancy of "Watson is gone."

And thank you for letting it go. Much appreciated.

HuskerBoard has been locking redundant threads since before you joined, you know.

23 out of 40 threads in the front page of Husker Football are talking about coaching changes. How many do we need before you think we're not censoring people?

HuskerBoard has been locking redundant threads since before you joined, you know.

23 out of 40 threads in the front page of Husker Football are talking about coaching changes. How many do we need before you think we're not censoring people?

yes, you joined the board 2 years after i did and you have 5,500 more posts than i have listed...i think you missed the point....never-mind.