Watson to NFL

The Titans just fired their OC mike heimerdinger today. It could be a good fit. My link

bill callahan went from failed college head coach to pro line coach.

if shawn watson goes from failed college OC to pro OC, ill run naked through the old market.

maybe you meant he gets hired on with the new offensive staff? i even have a hard time figuring where he would actually fit. QB coach? nah. TE's? hrm. who knows. I know he has a decent offensive mind, but he's like the vanilla ice cream of coaches. He has NEVER really made a mark of success in any particular area.

and i agree zoogies, he's done a pretty damn good job with sanchez, and a group of cast-off, ego maniac receivers.

Good point......but I take the stand that anywhere is better than here. Not, that he is a bad coach just not the right fit for us. I see him being more successful in the NFL. They have more time to learn his "Multiple" schemes.

As mentioned on 1620, Turner Gill got one of those nice little NFL jobs at Green Bay when he failed to get the NU job.

and now he is a head coach at a Division 1 school.

Shawn Watson has a losing record as a head coach.

Colorado was OVERJOYED at seeing him leave.

He was a key cog in the most toxic staff to ever set foot in the Osborne Athletic Complex.

And in the rebuilding effort, his charges have been found consistently wanting.

I hope Bo has significant pull, because coaches, especially new, young, fresh guys, are a dime a dozen. And Shawn Watson has plague written all over him.

Its not taking this long just because contractual agreements are being worked out.

that doesnt mean i dont think he'll land somewhere, because he will. I dont think he is an 'evil' guy. I dont doubt that Bo and Co are trying to help him in any way. The timeline that this is getting dragged out proves that they are. Theyre serving him up on a golden platter.

but i think some have awful lofty expectations of both what he is capable of, and what others (GM's, head coaches) think of him.

As mentioned on 1620, Turner Gill got one of those nice little NFL jobs at Green Bay when he failed to get the NU job.

and now he is a head coach at a Division 1 school.

Shawn Watson has a losing record as a head coach.

Colorado was OVERJOYED at seeing him leave.

He was a key cog in the most toxic staff to ever set foot in the Osborne Athletic Complex.

And in the rebuilding effort, his charges have been found consistently wanting.

I hope Bo has significant pull, because coaches, especially new, young, fresh guys, are a dime a dozen. And Shawn Watson has plague written all over him.

Its not taking this long just because contractual agreements are being worked out.

I can't believe I'm about to defend Watson, but here it goes.

Just because he has been a bad OC doesn't mean he can't be an effective position coach. Remember that Callahan, while a terrible HC, is an excellent OL coach. I think Wats could make a solid QB coach. Listen to any QB he has ever coached and the guy will describe Watson as being an amazing coach and genius at the QB position. This doesn't mean these former QBs are correct, but the fact that they all - to a man - speak extremely highly of Wats makes me think the guy could be a good QB coach.

Now please excuse me while I go scrub my keyboard after typing this Watson defense.

• Fire 1

alot of people around here will be eating crow, like some of us have been saying all along. Bo is making himself look bad to make sure a friend and coach is taken care of. If thats not integrity i dont know what is.

It is completely about how the press spins it, in my opinion.

Bo made a situation out of nothing for himself. Sounds like Tom intervened, had a talking-to with the OWH, and now they are doing some serious good PR for Bo.

Which is great, if they genuinely feel this way about him, and I hope that's the case. Bo makes friends with the media and get them to like him, and we'll get this stuff, all the time.

i fail to see where anyone is setting themselves up for eating crow in this thread, especially relating to disrespecting Bo.

The article is basicially saying what ive been saying all along and why ive had Bos back. It was a generalized statement not necessarily pertaining to guys posting in this thread having to eat crow, more towards all the other Bo sucks threads. He may not handle the media as some want him to but i love it, and its funny watching people cry about it when its not really that big of a deal. And all along he is doing it to help out his fellow coaches, and taking alot of heat for it in the process. Making himself look bad so Watson and Co. can save face.

• Fire 2

hey toodie...when we gonna grab another beer glass of wine?

someone has to cause ruckus and create headlines for the huskerboard starting lineup team! lets go get arrested!

Let's doooo it! My schedule is pretty open sans Thurs nights. A Kicker and a LB can definitely find trouble somewhere in Omaha. :cop:

i fail to see where anyone is setting themselves up for eating crow in this thread, especially relating to disrespecting Bo.

The article is basicially saying what ive been saying all along and why ive had Bos back. It was a generalized statement not necessarily pertaining to guys posting in this thread having to eat crow, more towards all the other Bo sucks threads. He may not handle the media as some want him to but i love it, and its funny watching people cry about it when its not really that big of a deal. And all along he is doing it to help out his fellow coaches, and taking alot of heat for it in the process. Making himself look bad so Watson and Co. can save face.

understood, and agreed.