What is the deal?

EZ-E

So what is the deal with the animosity towards the new offensive staff? I thought that is what people wanted? A new look on offense.

Can someone clarify with me in an objective manor why they don't believe that Tim Beck is unworthy of promotion?

sh#t you could have hired Bill Walsh (if he were alive) and they would have complained that he was out of touch with football and hadn't won anything since the 88 superbowl. People like to bitch.

Husker fans have been driving me nuts for the past 3 weeks nothing but a bunch of complainers makes me embarrassed to be a Husker fan. Kevin Wilson ruins Bo's plain on waiting to announce the resignation of Marvin Sanders and everybody wants to job on Bo for not spilling the beans and giving us more info. Then Yahoo Sports writes an article about giving coaches credit for not announcing a new coach until they've signed and that every coach should do that and now everybody is like "This guy is right I'm glad Bo does it this way."

And now we have people complaining about these new coaching hires when we haven't seen anything from these new coaches in a game environment at Nebraska with new coaches surrounding them. Ignorant people already making threads like "How long will this new regime last?" WTF people!!! You can't judge a product until you've actually witness how it produces. We haven't even seen results and we have people already doubting these new coaches. When will Husker fans start supporting Bo and stop all of the hate, complaining, bitching etc? Bo so far as put a good product on the field (9+ wins in 3 seasons, back to back 10 win seasons) and brought Nebraska back into the National spotlight. Sure there were several games we should've won but Bo's making those changes on offense like we've wanted since after the 09' season but yet people are still complaining.

Bo has been in this Buisness since 96', I think he knows what the hell he's doing. He's been productive at every stint he's been at, the 9ners, Patriots, Green Bay, Nebraska (03), OU, LSU and now back here. He knows how to develope and coach players, he's been around the block and knows a lot of good coaches, he's got ton of connections.

I'll wait till the 2011 season to make my prediction of this new coaching staff but then again we are entering 2011 with a very tough and difficult schedule. I just might wait till after the 2012 season to make my final thoughts of these new coaches.

• Fire 1

So what is the deal with the animosity towards the new offensive staff? I thought that is what people wanted? A new look on offense.

Can someone clarify with me in an objective manor why they don't believe that Tim Beck is unworthy of promotion?

sh#t you could have hired Bill Walsh (if he were alive) and they would have complained that he was out of touch with football and hadn't won anything since the 88 superbowl. People like to bitch.

Husker fans have been driving me nuts for the past 3 weeks nothing but a bunch of complainers makes me embarrassed to be a Husker fan. Kevin Wilson ruins Bo's plain on waiting to announce the resignation of Marvin Sanders and everybody wants to job on Bo for not spilling the beans and giving us more info. Then Yahoo Sports writes an article about giving coaches credit for not announcing a new coach until they've signed and that every coach should do that and now everybody is like "This guy is right I'm glad Bo does it this way."

And now we have people complaining about these new coaching hires when we haven't seen anything from these new coaches in a game environment at Nebraska with new coaches surrounding them. Ignorant people already making threads like "How long will this new regime last?" WTF people!!! You can't judge a product until you've actually witness how it produces. We haven't even seen results and we have people already doubting these new coaches. When will Husker fans start supporting Bo and stop all of the hate, complaining, bitching etc? Bo so far as put a good product on the field (9+ wins in 3 seasons, back to back 10 win seasons) and brought Nebraska back into the National spotlight. Sure there were several games we should've won but Bo's making those changes on offense like we've wanted since after the 09' season but yet people are still complaining.

Bo has been in this Buisness since 96', I think he knows what the hell he's doing. He's been productive at every stint he's been at, the 9ners, Patriots, Green Bay, Nebraska (03), OU, LSU and now back here. He knows how to develope and coach players, he's been around the block and knows a lot of good coaches, he's got ton of connections.

I'll wait till the 2011 season to make my prediction of this new coaching staff but then again we are entering 2011 with a very tough and difficult schedule. I just might wait till after the 2012 season to make my final thoughts of these new coaches.

Well said sir. We are to the stage of our marriage with Bo Pelini where we realize our partner isn't perfect in everyway. Bo has done everything we wanted him to when BC was leaving the building. I don't fault Bo for offensive failings for the past 3 years b/c he is making a change. No they aren't 5 star coaches but since when in the hell does that matter to Nebraska. We have always prided ourselves on our Walk-on program and how we take the right fit 3 star player and coach him to play like a 5 star. But, it is somehow a huge deal that Bo is doing that with his staff? I commend Bo for taking No name guys in and I'll bet within 5 years other teams are trying to steal them away. Pull up your skirt and support your team.

Well said sir. We are to the stage of our marriage with Bo Pelini where we realize our partner isn't perfect in everyway. Bo has done everything we wanted him to when BC was leaving the building. I don't fault Bo for offensive failings for the past 3 years b/c he is making a change. No they aren't 5 star coaches but since when in the hell does that matter to Nebraska. We have always prided ourselves on our Walk-on program and how we take the right fit 3 star player and coach him to play like a 5 star. But, it is somehow a huge deal that Bo is doing that with his staff? I commend Bo for taking No name guys in and I'll bet within 5 years other teams are trying to steal them away. Pull up your skirt and support your team.

It’s not just the fans. A BIG part of the problem is our own local Nebraska media at the OWH, LJS and others. When Kevin Wilson dicked us over by announcing Corey Raymond to NU our own local reporters were on Pelini like white on rice. Our local media guys didn’t let the facts get in their way. They just hoisted Bo up on the media cross and started hammering in the nails. A bunch of asshats they are. Or at least most of them. Too bad they don’t focus on supporting the Huskers——instead of tearing NU down at every opportunity just to sell more fishwrappers.

It’s not just the fans. A BIG part of the problem is our own local Nebraska media at the OWH, LJS and others. When Kevin Wilson dicked us over by announcing Corey Raymond to NU our own local reporters were on Pelini like white on rice. Our local media guys didn’t let the facts get in their way. They just hoisted Bo up on the media cross and started hammering in the nails. A bunch of asshats they are. Or at least most of them. Too bad they don’t focus on supporting the Huskers——instead of tearing NU down at every opportunity just to sell more fishwrappers.

Agreed, it seems as though guys like Dirka Dirka Chatelain and Mitch Sherman have some unspoken angst against Coach Pelini.

I agree 100% with these statements!...................... Now cue the "but if Bo was more like Tom" club :ahhhhhhhh

People would have complained because he ran the WCO and that isn't the Nebraska way.

Also this place would be pretty stinking boring if everyone just got in line with everything that Mark does or says.

I think people are just frustrated that it wasn't a big "Wow!" hire. Its a solid staff but inexperienced. This staff isn't built for the short run. That was the mistake Bo made when he was hired.

I agree, some people will never be happy until they get EXACTLY what they want.

I think people are just frustrated that it wasn't a big "Wow!" hire. Its a solid staff but inexperienced. This staff isn't built for the short run. That was the mistake Bo made when he was hired.

I agree, some people will never be happy until they get EXACTLY what they want.

Don't forget the ever popular "We are Nebraska! We have the right to know!"

I guess once you handout the golden coordinator title it is hard to get too worked up over the RB coach or #2 line coach. Of course that said if they fail it will suck and who knows if Beck is good enough to make his staff look good. For example with Bo I don't really care who comes in on Defense but on offense who knows. Better have of very good season next year or it will be tough to get good offensive players to come on board.

I guess once you handout the golden coordinator title it is hard to get too worked up over the RB coach or #2 line coach. Of course that said if they fail it will suck and who knows if Beck is good enough to make his staff look good. For example with Bo I don't really care who comes in on Defense but on offense who knows. Better have of very good season next year or it will be tough to get good offensive players to come on board.

We had a god-awful year in 2009 and awful end to 2010 but we signed one hell of an offensive class.