Cody Green

Found this very funny. I was at a Birthday party yesterday and a guy was there that lives in Dayton Tx, I was sporting my Husker hat as always, and he started telling me he isnt going to be able to root for us next year.. I asked him why and this was his response. Gody was home recently and was talking to the coaches at Dayton about his future @ NU, they told him maybe he should go some where else where he will start. LOL I told him to hush right there and Green isnt going any where. Now this has 0% proven truth just thought I would share how rumors get started.

Obviously as outsiders we can never really know, but Cody has always seemed like the consummate team-player. So much so, in fact, that it seems like he's missing the drive and desire to be a leader and reach his full potential. He seems just fine being the backup and rooting along with the rest of us. All that said, I think he'll move to WR or possibly even TE or LB in the future. I could see him red-shirting and making the transition in the next couple years.

Yeah I don't think so, two things here. 1. He is not leaving unless his FAMILY convinces him too. He is the Brook post Brook as far as the team before self.

2. The only way he would swap positions is if the staff asked him too. I REALLY don't see that happening. This year is the purfect opportunity to come out and prove his worth Both as an athlete and as a QB. A new offensive staff and a clean slate to start with, we will see post spring what the plan is.

If he is the starter, I won't be able to watch. We have many better options.

If you read his season recap, you almost feel sorry for the kid. He never had a chance to get into a rhythym anywhere. Had a mediocre game against Iowa State but so did the rest of the team. Not to mention he hadn't played in over a month. He had one dominant possession against K-State that puts Martinez's day into perspective a little more. He played well against Colorado. Early in the season he had a rough time holding onto the ball which is why many on this board probably have so many doubts. Take away those 4-5 fumbles early in the season and you can't really complain with his play.

Western Kentucky: Was very effective in a relief role, completing 5-of-6 passes for 66 yards and a touchdown while rushing for 17 yards on three carries...led NU on a pair of TD drives, including one capped by a 33-yard touchdown to Niles Paul in the fourth quarter. Idaho: Saw limited duty against Idaho, completing his only pass for five yards while also adding a pair of rushes. Washington: Earned playing time in both halves, finishing with 13 yards rushing on four carries in Nebraska's 56-21 win. South Dakota State: Quarterbacked Nebraska's final two drives, rushing twice for five yards while going 0-for-2 through the air. Kansas State: Led Nebraska on a 12-play, 51-yard scoring drive in his only work at Kansas State, rushing four times for 28 yards, including a 22-yard run, and completing 1 of 3 passes for 8 yards. Texas, Oklahoma State and Missouri: Did not play. Iowa State: Earned his first start of the season, guiding the Huskers to a 31-30 overtime win...completed 7-of-12 passes for 79 yards while rushing nine times for 10 yards...went 3-for-3 for 43 yards on a third-quarter scoring drive as the Huskers took a 24-10 lead. Kansas: Did not play. Texas A&M: Saw first-half action as starter Taylor Martinez dealt with an injury...completed 6-of-11 passes for 57 yards with one interception. Colorado: Played his best game of the year, as the Huskers wrapped up the North Division title with a 45-17 win...completed 10-of-13 passes for 80 yards and two scores while rushing seven times for 23 yards and a score...threw a 16-yard TD pass to Brandon Kinnie on NU's first drive of the second half to make it 24-3 before hitting Kyler Reed on a 1-yard toss later in the quarter to extend the margin to 38-10...capped NU's scoring with a 1-yard TD run with 12:55 left.

If he is the starter, I won't be able to watch. We have many better options.

If you read his season recap, you almost feel sorry for the kid. He never had a chance to get into a rhythym anywhere. Had a mediocre game against Iowa State but so did the rest of the team. Not to mention he hadn't played in over a month. He had one dominant possession against K-State that puts Martinez's day into perspective a little more. He played well against Colorado. Early in the season he had a rough time holding onto the ball which is why many on this board probably have so many doubts. Take away those 4-5 fumbles early in the season and you can't really complain with his play.

Western Kentucky: Was very effective in a relief role, completing 5-of-6 passes for 66 yards and a touchdown while rushing for 17 yards on three carries...led NU on a pair of TD drives, including one capped by a 33-yard touchdown to Niles Paul in the fourth quarter. Idaho: Saw limited duty against Idaho, completing his only pass for five yards while also adding a pair of rushes. Washington: Earned playing time in both halves, finishing with 13 yards rushing on four carries in Nebraska's 56-21 win. South Dakota State: Quarterbacked Nebraska's final two drives, rushing twice for five yards while going 0-for-2 through the air. Kansas State: Led Nebraska on a 12-play, 51-yard scoring drive in his only work at Kansas State, rushing four times for 28 yards, including a 22-yard run, and completing 1 of 3 passes for 8 yards. Texas, Oklahoma State and Missouri: Did not play. Iowa State: Earned his first start of the season, guiding the Huskers to a 31-30 overtime win...completed 7-of-12 passes for 79 yards while rushing nine times for 10 yards...went 3-for-3 for 43 yards on a third-quarter scoring drive as the Huskers took a 24-10 lead. Kansas: Did not play. Texas A&M: Saw first-half action as starter Taylor Martinez dealt with an injury...completed 6-of-11 passes for 57 yards with one interception. Colorado: Played his best game of the year, as the Huskers wrapped up the North Division title with a 45-17 win...completed 10-of-13 passes for 80 yards and two scores while rushing seven times for 23 yards and a score...threw a 16-yard TD pass to Brandon Kinnie on NU's first drive of the second half to make it 24-3 before hitting Kyler Reed on a 1-yard toss later in the quarter to extend the margin to 38-10...capped NU's scoring with a 1-yard TD run with 12:55 left.

He played ok against ISU, and admirably against CU, but he looked as bad as TM in the bowl game.