Cody Green

I'm not a Green hater, but after the bowl game he's going to have to show major improvement before he starts at qb again. The last 2-3 series he was in, he missed wide open receivers about every play, just terrible throws. Mcneil caught the one on fourth down, but that was an incredible catch that shouldve been an easy one. All he needed to do was put the ball near the receivers, and he wasnt doing that. Martinez has a long way to go too, but he's still ahead of Green in my opinion, and apparently the coaches as well.

• Fire 1

I'm not a Green hater, but after the bowl game he's going to have to show major improvement before he starts at qb again. The last 2-3 series he was in, he missed wide open receivers about every play, just terrible throws. Mcneil caught the one on fourth down, but that was an incredible catch that shouldve been an easy one. All he needed to do was put the ball near the receivers, and he wasnt doing that. Martinez has a long way to go too, but he's still ahead of Green in my opinion, and apparently the coaches as well.

He made some absolutley disgusting throws that game. But, I will give him some props the play were Ricky henry held in the endzone, :facepalm: , he made a pretty nice run to the sideline for about 25 yards.

The fact of the matter is with QB, and EVERY position on the field, is we should be rooting for EVERY player and then the BEST at his position NEEDS to be playing no matter what!!

Yes, I have said I think Carnes will end up being our starter, but that is just an inkling I have, not because I'm rooting for him more than any other QB/player. I just want the best players at their respective positions playing. I will in this case trust the coaches to do this. So if Carnes doesn't start or play, I will trust he is not the best at his position.

He made some absolutley disgusting throws that game. But, I will give him some props the play were Ricky henry held in the endzone, :facepalm: , he made a pretty nice run to the sideline for about 25 yards.

He constantly gets thrown into games at innoportune times though. He comes out there in the 4th quarter, rushes for 20+ to get us out of our endzone and then see's it get called back. Goes back in with 9 minutes left, rush, rush, rush. 5 minutes left down 12, in a game we were averaging 2 yards a rushing attempt...he had more pass attempts in that 1 series than Martinez did all game, including 17 to McNeill, 12 to Kinnie, 16 to Reed - all against a defense that was 100% committed to pass protection. He didn't stand a chance in that game, with that playcalling.

Even the games he started Watson had ahold of one of the straps on his jock. I'm not sure we really know what Cody is capable of yet. He's shown sparks, and then shown us that other side. I've even said I thought the ship has sailed on Cody - but the more I think about it the more I have faith in the kid. He lacks confidence because he's thrown into games at the same time Watson throws in the towell.

• Fire 1

He constantly gets thrown into games at innoportune times though. He comes out there in the 4th quarter, rushes for 20+ to get us out of our endzone and then see's it get called back. Goes back in with 9 minutes left, rush, rush, rush. 5 minutes left down 12, in a game we were averaging 2 yards a rushing attempt...he had more pass attempts in that 1 series than Martinez did all game, including 17 to McNeill, 12 to Kinnie, 16 to Reed - all against a defense that was 100% committed to pass protection. He didn't stand a chance in that game, with that playcalling.

Even the games he started Watson had ahold of one of the straps on his jock. I'm not sure we really know what Cody is capable of yet. He's shown sparks, and then shown us that other side. I've even said I thought the ship has sailed on Cody - but the more I think about it the more I have faith in the kid. He lacks confidence because he's thrown into games at the same time Watson throws in the towell.

Agreed, good post KC. But, you forgot the mother of all bad play calls. 3rd down and 10-15 and Watson calls a friggin play action pass with 3 minutes left in the game!! Cody has shown sparks, and I would not be surprised to see him really start to improve this year. The situations he was put in really could not help his confidence, and I feel for the kid.

^^^

Hopefully those ills will be fixed with the departure of Watson. But Beck may do the same stuff to him. You never know.

True - but if Beck is looking for a Todd Reesing, and Turner isn't ready yet...Green is the next closest thing on this roster.

In relation - before Beck was hired I didn't think Turner had a chance at QB...but I think Turner could be great in that "Reesing" type of role. (maybe Carnes too)

^^^

Hopefully those ills will be fixed with the departure of Watson. But Beck may do the same stuff to him. You never know.

True - but if Beck is looking for a Todd Reesing, and Turner isn't ready yet...Green is the next closest thing on this roster.

In relation - before Beck was hired I didn't think Turner had a chance at QB...but I think Turner could be great in that "Reesing" type of role. (maybe Carnes too)

uh...........I did have something to add, but you distracting avatar distracted me, again. :lol:

But seriously, whatever offense Beck runs showed involve for QB rollouts. IMO, it seems as though most of our QB's thow better on the run.

But seriously, whatever offense Beck runs showed involve for QB rollouts. IMO, it seems as though most of our QB's thow better on the run.

Can't throw any worse than they do in the pocket. As long as Martinez puts that little flicky, underhand toss, puking the football out of your hand type of thing he did to Paul when "rolling" out to the sideline early in the season I'll be happy with any chance to our passing game.

Undefeated against Colorado, ISU, Baylor, and Oklahoma (pulled after one series).

Cody played the entire first quarter against OU, and the first play of the 2nd quarter (a 3rd and 8).

Cody wasn't given a chance in that game,

His first drive on 3rd and 6 Williams had a false start to make it 3rd and 11. Conservative QB sneak then punt

2nd drive Marcel gets a personal foul called on the first play, putting Cody in a 1st and 24 situation. 3 conservative calls later and we punt

3rd drive Marcel gets a false start, puts the O in a 2nd and 16, conservative then punt.

4th drive we get it to 3rd and 2, and Helu gets stuffed on 3rd, punt.

5th drive we went run, run, and an incompletion, punt.

Then we got the pick, and Lee threw the TD after Trey got stuffed from the 1 but OU was offsides.

Lee did nothing in that game, he ran 10 times for -13 yards, and threw 9 for 35. That means he had 19 plays and gained 22 yards.

Cody had 11 plays for 12 yards (6 runs for 8 yards and 5 passes for 4 yards).

Both were pathetic, Helu and the D won us that game, even Alex missed 43 yarder that would have made it a 2 score game (his only miss less than 50 all year).

Undefeated against Colorado, ISU, Baylor, and Oklahoma (pulled after one series).

Cody played the entire first quarter against OU, and the first play of the 2nd quarter (a 3rd and 8).

Cody wasn't given a chance in that game,

His first drive on 3rd and 6 Williams had a false start to make it 3rd and 11. Conservative QB sneak then punt

2nd drive Marcel gets a personal foul called on the first play, putting Cody in a 1st and 24 situation. 3 conservative calls later and we punt

3rd drive Marcel gets a false start, puts the O in a 2nd and 16, conservative then punt.

4th drive we get it to 3rd and 2, and Helu gets stuffed on 3rd, punt.

5th drive we went run, run, and an incompletion, punt.

Then we got the pick, and Lee threw the TD after Trey got stuffed from the 1 but OU was offsides.

Lee did nothing in that game, he ran 10 times for -13 yards, and threw 9 for 35. That means he had 19 plays and gained 22 yards.

Cody had 11 plays for 12 yards (6 runs for 8 yards and 5 passes for 4 yards).

Both were pathetic, Helu and the D won us that game, even Alex missed 43 yarder that would have made it a 2 score game (his only miss less than 50 all year).

Thats fine, and you make a good point. But, looking at it in a different prespective is when he goes against a defense with any speed at all he struggles ALOT. He might be put in bad situations, and of course you can't expect a miracle. But there are certain instances where he had a chance to make plays and di not.

"Martinez is the best passing QB on the team." But what the hell does TO know.

That settles it - transfer Cody. Have fun in the MLB Bubba. Enjoy playing WR Turner. Brion, here's a cussion to use while you ride the bench (oh, and make sure to wear the headset because fans on Huskerboard will get pissed if you don't)

He didn't say he was the best qb on the team or best leader on the team, but TM was getting knocked for being a sh**ty passer so I thought I'd throw that info out there since all these experts think they know so much about the qb's and players. And according to TO he is the best passer on the team. (that was in December) He also said TM would have the chance to be a very special player at NU. I think TM has to take advantage of things for that to be true but one of the greatest judges of football talent says something like that it does carry some weight.