Cody Green

Oviously you guys know more than the coaching staff. Never started a game that Martinez was semi healthy. I will still go with the history of when he played, how he has played and his playing time compared to a player that had less experience, two injured wheels.

Martinez is not my boy, by any chance. I was a Lee supporter last year. I really do not like the idea of a running QB going into the Big Ten. But again I must go with what the coaching staff feels is our best option. That has been Martinez 12 out of 14 games so far.

I really do not care who starts or plays, just the best one. He has hands down been the best we have had over the last year, and I would assume he will improve with a year of learning and healing. If Carnes surpasses him it is fine with me, if Green does I will be happy for him. But I have this feeling the staff knows more about winning football games than I do and will go with their choice for the starter.

Undefeated against Colorado, ISU, Baylor, and Oklahoma (pulled after one series).

How many of these were bowl eligible?

That was my point.

Not really his fault though - like we said - done everything that has been asked of him.

Done everything we have asked of him, yes. But that doesnt make me feel any better about it whenever Cody starts. No offense to the young man, he had his moments in the colorado game. Bu, I think has more to do with the way he has been "handled" by the old offensive staff the past couple of years.

I don't know. I'd say Matt Turman thus far has a better resume than Cody Green as a Husker QB. Against lowly Iowa State, the offense had fewer yards and fewer first downs than Iowa State. We basically won that game because of an INT returned for a touchdown. Against Baylor, it was pretty much the same fewer yards and fewer first downs. A blocked punt returned for a TD and Crick's five sacks won that game.

He has some deficiencies in his speed and stuff when compared to Martinez, but IF the rumors are true that Martinez has an attitude problem and isn't respected by his teammates, I think in a lot of ways Cody's good attitude and leadership qualities make up for the gap in speed between them.

Except that the teammates don't pick who plays, the coaches do. The only way Cody sees the field as a starter is if he beats Martinez for the job or if Marty gets injured (and even then it's iffy, apparently).

Aside from that, people have been talking about Brion Carnes overtaking Martinez for the starting role. If Carnes if overtaking Martinez, he's overtaking Green, too. That's another guy Cody has to worry about.

Cody has every chance to get the starting gig this year. I would imagine he'll start one of the two teams in the Spring Game, and we can have another glimpse of his progress. We won't know more until then, though.