Cody Green

Cody was in the proper role last year and had chances to take the job with on the field performace, that said he did not even tempt we crazy fans to demand change.

Because the fans were still all drunk and high on the first half of the season - it fogged the picture a little bit - or maybe it was the blitzing defenses and mangled backfield that confused everything. Martinez won't be cut so much slack this year.

Or maybe it had to do with an injury during the Missery game. All of a sudden blitzes and pressure were taking a toll. These coaches do like to hide behind injuries so I have no idea what % of the performance issue was due to the injury, but the offense went down hill after a specific event, and with the back up QB production dropped off. I was at the game in Ames and clearly Green was not ready to start. All this said I wish the coaches would have opened up the play book a bit more and trusted Green to make some plays but we started to go into a 2009 ultra-conservitive mode and that was not Greens fault.

Cody was in the proper role last year and had chances to take the job with on the field performace, that said he did not even tempt we crazy fans to demand change.

Because the fans were still all drunk and high on the first half of the season - it fogged the picture a little bit - or maybe it was the blitzing defenses and mangled backfield that confused everything. Martinez won't be cut so much slack this year.

Or maybe it had to do with an injury during the Missery game. All of a sudden blitzes and pressure were taking a toll. These coaches do like to hide behind injuries so I have no idea what % of the performance issue was due to the injury, but the offense went down hill after a specific event, and with the back up QB production dropped off. I was at the game in Ames and clearly Green was not ready to start. All this said I wish the coaches would have opened up the play book a bit more and trusted Green to make some plays but we started to go into a 2009 ultra-conservitive mode and that was not Greens fault.

pretty much...let the defense win it.

I don't know. I'd say Matt Turman thus far has a better resume than Cody Green as a Husker QB. Against lowly Iowa State, the offense had fewer yards and fewer first downs than Iowa State. We basically won that game because of an INT returned for a touchdown. Against Baylor, it was pretty much the same fewer yards and fewer first downs. A blocked punt returned for a TD and Crick's five sacks won that game.

Seriously?? Turman's game plan when in for TF and Brook was the following. Don't F*** up the center exchange and turn either left or right and give the ball to LP. THe defense will do their part, just get the snap. I have had this conversation with Zach Weigert and he said it. You and I could have been QB then and probably won with that team.

Remember, Cody got his mellon mushed against ISU and that tightened the hand cuffs for Wats considerably. But as bouncing boobs avatar said that pass to Reed on third down was a perfectly placed dart.

The Baylor game is another bad example IMO. Cody looked great in the first half, NU got the lead and then sat on the score relying on the Blackshirts. He made one bad throw and it got picked, damn you'd think he made a true frosh mistake, oh wait it was. Cody throws a very good deep ball, and he did it in this game the one time he was given the chance to Niles.

I like Cody, and am coming off a bigger homer than I really am with the kid. But for the love of all things Bob Devaney can some people just be happy with what he has done. He is put in the crappiest situations with very little chance to succeed and has never bitched or moaned. And when his number has been called to start he has only helped deliver.

Now I hope that Brion or Jamal tear crap up in the spring game so we can all relive this throughout the summer and into fall camp. That is now my wish

If Cody Green had a QB coach, hell if any of the QB's had a QB coach, that developed talent like they should, Nebraska would've beat A&M, OU, and could've put themselves in the MNC!!! PERIOD!! That's how close, IMO, this team was last year. Going forward, the staff MUST have two QB's ready for whatever offense we bring to the BIG X!! Learn from you're mistakes and others by not having a good backup plan. I hate to say this and don't kill me for it, but the QB behind Mallet stepped in against Auburn (lost) and ran that offense like Mallet was still in the game ..... THAT'S COACHING YOUR OFFENSE, IMO. We looked horrible fumbling balls on offense, missing throws, and I can add the Texas game to this, dropping passes!!! Let's keep it real here about our QB's, you're either willing or unwilling .... competition breeds winners!! I'll get off my soap box, just my opinion like others. GBR!

NU was able to win the first half of the season against much weaker teams and the inability of the NU to throw the ball didn't show it's ugly head. Once the defensive teams started to show up on the schedule, NU was not able to mount much of an offense. Taylor had one really good passing game and that was against OSU, which isn't a good defensive team.

The last few games it was clear that Taylor wasn't allowed to scramble and make things happen. NU's offense was too predictable. When NU had to throw the quality and accuracy of QB's was hidious.

I watched in horror as simple 5 to 10 yards routes were overthrown.

When Cody would come in to replace an ineffective Taylor, he would throw 60 mph lazers at WR's 15 to 20 yards downfield. Go back and watch some tape. The touch that Green has is not pretty. It doesn't belong on a top 5 D1 program.

After watching the bowl season, it was reconfirmed that NU QB situation has been horrible for a while and we need some new blood. Most of the teams that were bowl eligible had a QB that could throw and complete passes with accuracy. NU really doesn't.

If Cody emerges as the starter, NU has a lot of issues going forward. I hope Brion starts next year.

Taylor averaged about 10 completions per game.

Blaine G averaged 23 completions per game.

Stat line for Cody in the bowl game.

BRIDGEPOINT EDUCATION HOLIDAY BOWL @Washington L 19-7 3 12 45 25.0 17 0 0 56.50 3 -2 -0.7 1 0

3 for 12 and 45 yards. Not going to get er done.

NU was able to win the first half of the season against much weaker teams and the inability of the NU to throw the ball didn't show it's ugly head. Once the defensive teams started to show up on the schedule, NU was not able to mount much of an offense. Taylor had one really good passing game and that was against OSU, which isn't a good defensive team.

The last few games it was clear that Taylor wasn't allowed to scramble and make things happen. NU's offense was too predictable. When NU had to throw the quality and accuracy of QB's was hidious.

I watched in horror as simple 5 to 10 yards routes were overthrown.

When Cody would come in to replace an ineffective Taylor, he would throw 60 mph lazers at WR's 15 to 20 yards downfield. Go back and watch some tape. The touch that Green has is not pretty. It doesn't belong on a top 5 D1 program.

After watching the bowl season, it was reconfirmed that NU QB situation has been horrible for a while and we need some new blood. Most of the teams that were bowl eligible had a QB that could throw and complete passes with accuracy. NU really doesn't.

If Cody emerges as the starter, NU has a lot of issues going forward. I hope Brion starts next year.

Taylor averaged about 10 completions per game.

Blaine G averaged 23 completions per game.

Stat line for Cody in the bowl game.

BRIDGEPOINT EDUCATION HOLIDAY BOWL @Washington L 19-7 3 12 45 25.0 17 0 0 56.50 3 -2 -0.7 1 0

3 for 12 and 45 yards. Not going to get er done.

Taylor wasn't allowed to scramble? He couldn't scramble. If you watch the tape, you'll see Taylor trying to get around the end and getting caught be a DE.

Did Cody play well in the Holiday Bowl? Absolutely not, but he did come in on a cold wet night trying to fix an offense that was stumbling all over the field before he came in.

We'll have issues if Cody starts, but if we start a redshirt freshman that hasn't taken a single snap in D1 we'll suddenly be fine? Yes, Taylor did okay as a RS Frosh last year, but then again we had basically the same record with him as we had with a gimpy Zac Lee the year before, and all of Taylor's stats came early in the year, vs crap competition, just like Zac Lee.

"Martinez is the best passing QB on the team." But what the hell does TO know.

That settles it - transfer Cody. Have fun in the MLB Bubba. Enjoy playing WR Turner. Brion, here's a cussion to use while you ride the bench (oh, and make sure to wear the headset because fans on Huskerboard will get pissed if you don't)

He didn't say he was the best qb on the team or best leader on the team, but TM was getting knocked for being a sh**ty passer so I thought I'd throw that info out there since all these experts think they know so much about the qb's and players. And according to TO he is the best passer on the team. (that was in December) He also said TM would have the chance to be a very special player at NU. I think TM has to take advantage of things for that to be true but one of the greatest judges of football talent says something like that it does carry some weight.

Oh, Martinez can pass the ball I agree. He showed that in the Texas/Oklahoma State games. It's not so much that we're saying he "can't" pass the ball - most of us are saying he can't make the mental decision to actually commit to throwing the ball. He's still half undecided what to do as he enters his throwing motion if there is ANY kind of pass rush. Some time around the point where he shifts weight form his back foot to his forward foot and releases the ball he finally decides in his head to throw it. Essentially a jumble of mental decisions. Maybe Beck will call plays where he's supposed to throw from the time the ball is snapped, and he has 2 choices (WR/check down to Burkhead/Green) then throw the ball away. That would be nice.

I don't know. I'd say Matt Turman thus far has a better resume than Cody Green as a Husker QB. Against lowly Iowa State, the offense had fewer yards and fewer first downs than Iowa State. We basically won that game because of an INT returned for a touchdown. Against Baylor, it was pretty much the same fewer yards and fewer first downs. A blocked punt returned for a TD and Crick's five sacks won that game.

Seriously?? Turman's game plan when in for TF and Brook was the following. Don't F*** up the center exchange and turn either left or right and give the ball to LP. THe defense will do their part, just get the snap. I have had this conversation with Zach Weigert and he said it. You and I could have been QB then and probably won with that team.

Remember, Cody got his mellon mushed against ISU and that tightened the hand cuffs for Wats considerably. But as bouncing boobs avatar said that pass to Reed on third down was a perfectly placed dart.

The Baylor game is another bad example IMO. Cody looked great in the first half, NU got the lead and then sat on the score relying on the Blackshirts. He made one bad throw and it got picked, damn you'd think he made a true frosh mistake, oh wait it was. Cody throws a very good deep ball, and he did it in this game the one time he was given the chance to Niles.

I like Cody, and am coming off a bigger homer than I really am with the kid. But for the love of all things Bob Devaney can some people just be happy with what he has done. He is put in the crappiest situations with very little chance to succeed and has never bitched or moaned. And when his number has been called to start he has only helped deliver.

Now I hope that Brion or Jamal tear crap up in the spring game so we can all relive this throughout the summer and into fall camp. That is now my wish

This is exactly the point. Cody was in those games not to screw up too bad and we win hands down. Unfortunately, we didn't always win hands down. Turman played against a ranked KState team on the road that had one of the top ranked defenses. Cody has played against pretty bad teams like Iowa State and CU. Earlier in the season when Martinez went out after being up by a bunch, Cody comes in only to fumble the center QB exchange. Whether the situations he's put in are bad or not, he comes in unprepared. Real gamers come in and do things. Sims put Major Applewhite in some of the worst possible situations to come into, but Applewhite is a gamer and excelled once put in the game. I'm of the opinion that Cody still desperately needs a redshirt season. However, it's extremely doubtful he'll ever get one. I'm not a Green hater at all, and I do wish him the best. It just appears to me that if he really wanted a shot at the starting QB position that he'd come into games a lot better prepared.

Pretty much my feelings. He just never performs as a winner. He does the little things expected, and only at times. I dread seeing him take the field, as I expect an immediate fumbe or interception.

I think he needs a lot of work, but this time last year, some had him starting over all. The same as with Carnes this year.

You have to show it on game day, no matter what position your put in. Cody never has. He may have been rushed, but if Carnes is the starter this year, he will be rusthed to.

I would hope that Taylor develops over the winter and spring and we see a much better prepared QB than what we saw last year. I really would like to have a QB start for three or four years.

But if any of them can unseat Taylor, I am all for them. I just do not see it happening, and certainly not expecting Cody to do it.