Husker Baseball

Nebraska goes 3-1 down in Texas after trouncing Missouri St 16-4 today. Kale Kiser finishes off a great tourney by going 5-6 with a grand salami, NU's second of the year after Kash did it last night against Washington.

Hopefully NU has found it's stroke after the Texas St. game. Sean Yost goes 5.2 for the W today giving up three runs.

Please also remember the Texas St. pitcher we went against is thought to be a top 40 draft prospect. Any actually heard if he has a good year this year and shows some good maturity with his pitches he could be in top 25 pretty easily.

Pitcher you are referring to is Carson Smith and he did not start game against Nebraska. Starting pitcher was Mitchell Pitts and he threw 6 innings. Carson Smith (wasn't suppose to pitch this weekend) pitched the 7th and 8th innings. Wish Carson would have started. He wasn't sharp and we were only 1 or 2 hits away from scoring a lot of runs against him. Kiser hit a ball down the left field line that the left fielder laid out and caught. the ball gets by him and we score a run and Kiser is on 2nd....at least. Mitchell Pitts was a starter last year and had a 4.61 era...respectable.

After seeing the atrocious pitching this past weekend (getting swept by Sam Houston State is NOT ACCEPTABLE) how can one get excited about this season. Mike Anderson has made "only" one respectable move in his coaching decision and that was to ask Erstad to return. Hopefully Anderson will allow Erstad to coach and not interfere with what he's teaching. (Its obviously working.) IMO, this should be the do or die season for Anderson.. Get us to the post season or expect to get the pink slip.

Hey HuskerHacker were you at the games in Huntsville? I was there saturday and the pitching against Northern C was not bad. Now the late game against Sam was bad. I must say though we had a good time watching the Huskers play and my 2 boys loved it. # 13 gave my oldest boy a ball. On and the catcher #19 was damn good..